The Nier: Automata Thread

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Yeah I thought my 1st playthrough was the entire game XD it's definetlymy favorite game of 2017 atm, especially the final fight between....you know, but I got the 9S ending so I ended up all teary eyed XD

Probably my top 3 favorite games of all time for modern gen consoles

1. NG series
2. Nier
3. Last of Us

Did you go back and do the other ending as well? If you do both, you unlock the "true ending" which is "E"

Argentus

1st playthrough - This is.... underwhelming...why is this game so popular again?

2nd playthrough - This is more lame than the first playthrough

3rd playthrough - Ok....game is starting to ramp up...I like this now....wtf 2B and who the fk is this A2....I am not dealing with 9S solo (legit dropped the game for 2 weeks)

4th playthrough + all three endings - Ok wtf....this is one of the best games I ever played.
i'm in the ssame boat. 9s mode is boring as fuck, so I dropped the game for a long time, only just now coming back to it.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
i'm in the ssame boat. 9s mode is boring as fuck, so I dropped the game for a long time, only just now coming back to it.

Story doesn't ramp up until the 3rd playthrough...4th is when shit gets real

Also at the end. Make sure to go pick both characters to get the true ending for the game!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Probably my top 3 favorite games of all time for modern gen consoles

1. NG series
2. Nier
3. Last of Us

Did you go back and do the other ending as well? If you do both, you unlock the "true ending" which is "E"
Yeah I did the other one too, on instinct XD at first I was gonna take a hiatus because I thought i had to start the whole game over but that chapter select is a godsend so I did the other one too, it's also my favourite level in the game behind the Simone and Eve boss fight so I go back and do either ending again since that was probably the best part of the game imo

My favorite games I would say are Nier, Dragon Quest, Persona 5 and senran kagura

Mayor-Of-Mustard

hey i just got this game it's gonna take 2000 years to install but i like the design of 2b
i wanted to buy a long game to contrast with the short game that is Hiveswap so I got Nier whilst it was on sale.

Argentus

hey i just got this game it's gonna take 2000 years to install but i like the design of 2b
i wanted to buy a long game to contrast with the short game that is Hiveswap so I got Nier whilst it was on sale.
it'd oddly long in that.....wait crap i forgot how to do spoiler tags.

But im not sure if it counts as a spoiler, especially if you've read this thread....

Bah, campaign is short but hit New Game + each time to get the full experience.

Argentus

Yeah I was told there's a ton of endings, and it's longer than Hiveswap, trust me on that lol.
theres' 26 endings. I say this not as a spoiler because most of them are gag endings like if you wander off too far from a boss fight, the game will cut to the credits with a text screen saying something like "And then 2b said fuck this i'm out. Ending F." But actual replays after the first real ending, New Game +, actually build upon the previous playthroughs, and that's all i'm really gonna say.

Argentus

Aji wo [K]uta

There's also an ending for dying in the tutorial mission.
and another for being stupid enough to self destruct on your home base of a space station.

Oh and don't eat the fish.
ok sorry about that it's just it's 1am and i can't sleep. i put on auto chip since i don't really know what i'm doing. at all. lol.

You don't have anything to start out with anyway so dont worry about it. Eventually you'll want auto heal and shockwave, at bare minimum. You can combine chips to stronger versions later on too. (shockwave 1, shockwave 2, shockwave 3, etc)

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Oh and don't eat the fish.

You don't have anything to start out with anyway so dont worry about it. Eventually you'll want auto heal and shockwave, at bare minimum. You can combine chips to stronger versions later on too. (shockwave 1, shockwave 2, shockwave 3, etc)
idk what any of that means so far since I have to take a lot of breaks because the controls really stretch and cut in between my fingers.
*incoming salt* this game sucks if you have small hands. you're basically forced to play auto or have cuts inbetween your fingers because your fingers are always stretching to different buttons. Yes, my hands are THAT small. I want auto-shoot, just not auto-dodge.
plus, as a newcomer, i expected easy mode to at least make it possible to die. i always play easy when playing a new game series I've never heard of.

Last edited:

Argentus

idk what any of that means so far since I have to take a lot of breaks because the controls really stretch and cut in between my fingers.
*incoming salt* this game sucks if you have small hands. you're basically forced to play auto or have cuts inbetween your fingers because your fingers are always stretching to different buttons. Yes, my hands are THAT small. I want auto-shoot, just not auto-dodge.
plus, as a newcomer, i expected easy mode to at least make it possible to die. i always play easy when playing a new game series I've never heard of.
Thank the good lord you didn't play anything with the original xbox controller.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Thank the good lord you didn't play anything with the original xbox controller.
i played doa3 with xbox controller.
it was an absolute pain. i had to lay the controller on my lap and press the buttons like a granny using a keyboard. Still beat my brother at it. He sucked at DOA.
we got a 360 very quickly after tho so thank god.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD