DOA5LR The Northwest Majors Challenge

Could you make it to Northwest Majors VII?

• Yes, I'm willing and able!

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Can't make it. Sorry guys :(

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Madian

Hello Everyone,

It has been my dream for DoA to have representation in my home state for several years now. With the community's help we might be able to do just that in April of 2015.

As some of you may know I've been throwing around the idea of getting DoA5:LR at the next Northwest Majors on April 24th. Granted, that is a long time away, however, this is a new venue for us so we may need the time to prepare. I've been talking to two of the staff members in charge of NWM and their primary source of caution seemed to involve their lack of knowledge regarding the DoA competitive scene.

So the challenge then is, if we get a yes, making this event so good that we can get invited back another year. I want to see how enthusiastic people are at seeing Last Round at Northwest Majors 7. I also would like to know who would be both willing and able to make the event. Granted FSD is not indicative of the community as a whole, however, a showing of hands here is a good start. Being that NWM is practically in my backyard I could help people in regards to finding places to stay or with transportation from-and-to the airport. I've also volunteered my services in running the event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1476682912587898/

Regards~
Madian

Last edited:

Madian

Its a bit early but what platform you have in mind for doa5LR? Just curious

That's a good question. At this time, I'm thinking PS4 due to perceived popularity amongst the community. I could put it to a vote if there's enough people who want it on the XBone.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
There was already a vote asking what console people were going to play LR on and PS4 won by a landslide. I would just go with that.

I'm going to give you a word of warning though. Starting up DOA tournaments in new areas is tricky. Turnout is generally very, very low at first and has to be nurtured over time. If the TO's come under the impression that turnout will be massive on the first go-around, things usually end poorly. It's best to work with TO's with the understanding that you want to build it up.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Although I don't care to compete anymore, if this makes it in I am willing to travel to Seattle to support the scene, and plus I been wanting to go for some time so it would be a good vacation for me.

I Don't think I will be able to make it. But I will support the Idea anyway I can. If it becomes a reality, I will absolute post it up on DOAWorld.com. in order to help spread the info. That is least I can do!

loan_grains

OK good so its ps4, that's great because i am making the transition from x360 to ps4 which i own thanks for the heads up guys on which version people are going to support/ compete in.

Madian

Having Last Round on 360/PS3 would be a huge waste. My preference has always been the PS4 however I figured I would at least see what people wanted first.

loan_grains

Having Last Round on 360/PS3 would be a huge waste. My preference has always been the PS4 however I figured I would at least see what people wanted first.
yeah ps4 is the way to go, now all I need is a ps4 fight stick cant used pad sucks,. well I mean I suck at using the pad lol.

NukNuks

Perhaps if there is some of pre-sale thing you can work out with the organizers for this game then maybe that will show the event organizers that we want this to happen

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Quad modding is a thing now. You can get your stick modded to work on everything.

From what I heard, the only quad-mod right now for the PS4 allows you only 8 minutes of playtime before the stick locks up due to security.

Otherwise they can mod a PS4 controller to work inside as a switch but you'd have two circuit boards which could lead to lag.

RoboJoe

From what I heard, the only quad-mod right now for the PS4 allows you only 8 minutes of playtime before the stick locks up due to security.

Otherwise they can mod a PS4 controller to work inside as a switch but you'd have two circuit boards which could lead to lag.

This is extremely troubling. I can't play in any tournaments for LR if there's no good stick modding option. Damn.

loan_grains

I'm going to talk to them face to face soon. Wish me luck!
yeah man all the way, sure hope you convince them, I would really like to go for DOA5LR in Washington state, i just don't want to go and compete for guilty gear xrd alone. consider me a first pre pay sign up when it does happen that is.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD