The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

TRI Mike

Now that VF5FS is dated and priced, will anyone here be active in the game¿ I plan to play it along with DOA5. So the rest of the fighters have their days counted in my house.

Berzerk!

Absolutely - in fact if Doa players in particular want sharp skills in a great game before doa5 hits this is it

I run tournaments for vf5 monthly and will add doa5 when it drops. For now vf is good to focus on

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm trying to practice a little with VF5 to try and wrap my head around the system before FS hits but I'm having some difficulty.

Relius Starkiller

Absolutely. Virtua Fighter is one of my favorite fighters - just in the past I never felt I had the time to master it. Its been simplified a bit so now is as good a time as any.

And for 15 bucks its a steal.

Berzerk!

I'm trying to practice a little with VF5 to try and wrap my head around the system before FS hits but I'm having some difficulty.

That's good to hear, the experience of playing this game will do you good. I know I found it added value to other games for me as well as being great in its own right. Definitely best if you. An get some opponents to run through some things.

If you are having trouble jump into command training with another character. It's a diverse cast so finding your preferred playstyle may not be immediate.

What characters do people play? Playing on pad or stick?
If pad, ditch it for a stick ASAP as the game is much improved with proper arcade control.

I play Pai who, like most of the strikers, is also a great learning character.
Have tried a fair bit with Jean Kujo when we had the game at Shadowloo Showdown who has some great unique techniques for this kind of system with charge strings by holding the button, and you can tap another attack to change it during charge.
Lots of brilliant little touches.

x Sypher x

Maybe, maybe not. I haven't been active in any game for a while now, so I doubt it. Plus I don't really have anyone to play it with offline. I usually main Jacky though.

Game Over

Even if some people here don't play VF5FS competitively, it still helps to pick it up and learn it at a fundamental level, as it will only make your fundamentals in DOA that much better.

TRI Mike

I've been practicing in VF5Online as of lately but read somewhere that FS changed a lot of gameplay mechanics, like the offensive moves for example which are supposed to be gone. Some characters lost some of their moves to gain new ones. Sadly, the online in the Xbox 360 has been desolated for more than two years, which is weird because DOA4 (A 6-year-old game) is still somewhat strong online.

I main Aoi and Eileen but like Pai, Akira and Jacky a lot.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think it's due to the lobby system, you can see a list of lobbies with multiple players easier than looking for one-on-one matches.

Raansu

The changes between VF5 and FS are pretty massive. Delve into VF5 and try to get comfortable with the movement and such but don't dive too deep into it.

ScattereDreams

I've been waiting for FS since January and now i'm weeks away. Of course i'm getting this; I also have been playing VF5 for some time now with Jacky and Lion + the few ppl online. I'm excelling pretty good, but the only trouble i'm having is throw breaking. Originally I was going to learn the multiple throw break tactic, but once I heard VF5FS will only allow you to break one throw (only 3 different types in FS I believe) I said fk it.

Have tried a fair bit with Jean Kujo when we had the game at Shadowloo Showdown who has some great unique techniques for this kind of system with charge strings by holding the button, and you can tap another attack to change it during charge.
Lots of brilliant little touches.

Thanks for sharing that. I've been interested in him for quite a while and have watched dozens of matches with him. Thinking about trying him, but I don't want to play to many characters.

ScattereDreams

Yes lol. In vanilla VF5 you could input up to a possible of four throw breaks to escape your opponents throw, but in FS you can only input one throw break direction. There are only three different possible standing throws in FS; neutral, forward, and back.

RoboJoe

Watched the VF5:FS stream last night. This is Virtua Fighter?! I've always heard that this game is slow and boring to watch, but after seeing it for myself, whoever said that must be blind! This is a game I definitely want to play.

Allan Paris

I may get into the game myself, I'm not 100% on that right now though. My Pai game use to be nice, according to my friends.

x Sypher x

Yeah the stream was pretty dope, I'm just sad that I fell asleep right in the middle of the Chibita vs Fuudo match lol. Good stuff though, those 2 were dominating all the way.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD