The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

Sho'nuff

December is officially Virtua Fighter Month! Check out my blog on my first encounter with Virtua Fighter/Remix. http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Virtua Kazama/virtua-memories-virtua-fighter-remix-virtua-fighter-month--323536.phtml

Really good blog. My first experience with VF was during my time spent with my family at Malibu Grand Prix at the tender age of 14 (which was when I also discovered another morsel called "Tekken"). I picked up Sarah and Pai then because I thought they looked "cool".

Such great memories.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Second blog is now available. http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Vi...rs-megamix-virtua-fighter-month--325516.phtml

Also worth mentioning: Last Saturday, legendary Tetsujin VF player Ikebukuro Sarah celebrated his 50th birthday by playing a 100-man Kumite for VF1 at the Mikado Arcade, where he was previously known during his VF1-VF2 days.

12308811_883110171784807_8010548924250850782_n.jpg

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Can I just say how much I love that poster? Wish I had one with just the characters like that. If you're really in the mood for a trip down memory lane, there's a ton of 90s era game magazine scans available here and there's tons of VF coverage.

Last edited:

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Bringing this page back up.

ZBEP, a Russian VF player who you can find on VFDC, made two videos talking about the VF series. The first video is when he talks about VF1 and how broken that game was due to infinites.

The second video talks about VF2.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Bringing this page back up.

ZBEP, a Russian VF player who you can find on VFDC, made two videos talking about the VF series. The first video is when he talks about VF1 and how broken that game was due to infinites.

The second video talks about VF2.

Cool videos but I always find the Russian language very hard on the ears, yikes! D:
*coming from a German*
tumblr_nqsejgpiCC1sw2abzo1_1280.jpg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Also, I forgot to mention that SEGA renewed the Virtua Fighter license since last year.

By the way, is the reason for limited content for the VF characters in DOA because Team NINJA couldn't get the rights approval due to Sega not renewing the license until now? - Like Mai even got her theme in DOA and none of the VF characters got their themes yet both KOF and VF don't belong to TN, so what gives? lol.

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

By the way, is the reason for limited content for the VF characters in DOA because Team NINJA couldn't get the rights approval due to Sega not renewing the license until now? - Like Mai even got her theme in DOA and none of the VF characters got their themes yet both KOF and VF don't belong to TN, so what gives? lol.

is it even confirmed mai's theme is in the game? akira's theme was played during his reveal video too but not in the actual game

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD