The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

Puño de Leyenda

Awesome!!! It's probably a stretch...but here's hoping for a full version of the game with everything! All the things in the PS3 version along with the missing pre-match intros.

Even better if we can get all the stages from R and Vanilla included too!

Most importantly though, hopefully it will have online play...and good online play at that!

Last edited:

d3v

The most important question is whether or not it's based on Ver. B which came out last year.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The real question is if Yakuza 6 will come to the west and when if it does, we are only just getting Zero that came out 2 years ago next January

If I had to guess itll likely just be Arcade mode and an online versus mode

NightAntilli

Guess it hasn't been posted here yet... So... VF5:FS has been added to the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility list. This means that anyone that had the game on X360 can now play it on Xbox One for free.

Best fighting game on Xbox One currently xD

UpSideDownGRUNT

So I found out after playing the two back to back Yakuza 6's version of VF5FS is actually more fluid and way less stiff in terms of combos.

Still not as fluid as DOA5 but close.

Hold_Junkie93

So I found out after playing the two back to back Yakuza 6's version of VF5FS is actually more fluid and way less stiff in terms of combos.

Still not as fluid as DOA5 but close.
Virtua Fighter is very fluid, the movement system is intricate. You have evade crouch dash to avoid a grab and elbow at -3 to -5 the exception being Akira that can fuzzy at -6 (So, he can buffer double palm). Also, the fact you can meaty people easy or ring them out potentially with offensive move if they slightly delay tech. Been playing it for 4 years now. The movement isn't Tekken that's for sure. The reason that the Yakuza version is good is because It's a true arcade port.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Virtua Fighter is very fluid, the movement system is intricate. You have evade crouch dash to avoid a grab and elbow at -3 to -5 the exception being Akira that can fuzzy at -6 (So, he can buffer double palm). Also, the fact you can meaty people easy or ring them out potentially with offensive move if they slightly delay tech. Been playing it for 4 years now. The movement isn't Tekken that's for sure. The reason that the Yakuza version is good is because It's a true arcade port.
Just a little something I noticed as a newbie and as someone who's only ever played VF5FS. The arcade port in Yakuza 6 just feels more fluid than the console version to me, even more so after playing both back to back.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It kinda does make sense to provide the arcade port into Yakuza 6's arcade spot. Arcade and arcade does go hand-hand.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
29389296_10160175455835207_76750336935237828_n.jpg

Hold_Junkie93

Family Gyoza won the tournament. Puuta, the Jean player of the team, was doing work!
It kinda does make sense to provide the arcade port into Yakuza 6's arcade spot. Arcade and arcade does go hand-hand.
They couldn't fit the port to be top notch and the 360 version of FS has 1 frame of input lag offline but has better netcode but ps3 has no lag offline but worse netcode depending on region. Played 5R and the stages are way better than FS. It plays more like Vanilla 5/4FT in which they still multi throw escapes that wasn't just Forward, Neutral, Back but had lazy throw escape which is essentially holding G and P to ready your throw escape and guard. Funny thing was you still had to use P+K+G to tech down grabs. Natural option selects unlike SF4. Seemed too hardcore and I see why they simplified it but didn't get anyone new to play and people stay thinking VF is this impossible to learn game. Tekken players should have a leg up (westerners) but they're confused as to go about things because they are use to having 1 or 2 moves that grant automatic combos instead of working for their shit. Tekken Tag 1 and 4 were more neutral based like VF, DoA, SC. When you're popular you'll do anything to appease the masses, including selling your soul to the devil that are sweeps that grant combos that are unseeable/reactable.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Man, I'd love a PC port of this game.

I feel like VF5 can definitely live again, with the solid netcode it had as well. Watching that tournament makes me wanna play it again.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
If Team Ninja helped with the modelling of VF6 I would be very gassed, I must say.

Radiance

. When you're popular you'll do anything to appease the masses, including selling your soul to the devil that are sweeps that grant combos that are unseeable/reactable.

I lol everytime someone says you can react to devil jin's hell sweep; a perfect hell sweep cannot be seen. I don't care how unsafe it is, dumbest thing ever.

I'm not surprised however that VF get's big numbers in Japan, it's always been a big thing there and very much still alive. I wouldn't be surprised if VF6 got announced with a Japan only port lol.

DeathHand

I still have it installed on my xbox one, some times I play a bit arcade just for fun, such a good game, they really need to bring it back, there´s barely any new 3D fighting games that are made for this current gen and I don´t think we´ll see a new DoA any time soon.
Soul Callibur 6 is coming but the series has changed way too much on settings I don´t really like

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD