The Overwatch Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
I swear 90% of my matches are me, Roadhog, two snipers and two offense heroes.

Btw the Diablo 20 anniversary thing going on in D3 is pretty awesome. You guys get your Overwatch log in icon and sprays?
Yeah. I like the Wizard's (class I played in Diablo III).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I swear 90% of my matches are me, Roadhog, two snipers and two offense heroes.

My friend in Diamond was telling me that if you go anything against the current meta the group trashes you bad. (Three Tanks, Soldier, and Two Supports preferably Ana and Lucio).

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Yeah. I like the Wizard's (class I played in Diablo III).
Excited for the Necromancer. That was my main class in 2. Right now my main class is Demon Hunter and I just power leveled a Crusader through the event from 1 to 69 (obtaining a legendary that increased one of my attacks speed and damage by 100% helped a lot).

Xhominid The Demon Within

I honestly got to agree because it again shows Blizzard has no clue on how to balance heroes in the slightest.

Buff up Soldier 76's damage to stupid heights, do nothing about atleast toning down the Helix Rocket's damage or CD to compensate, thus having Soldier completely outperform McCree in everything but defeating Flankers.
Buff up Symmetra's Primary Fire Range, but does nothing to reduce the charge time in the slightest causing her to be one of the most sneakiest and ridiculous heroes in the game.
Buff up D.Va's Health and Armor further and causes her to fire while moving at a faster rate meaning she turns even tankier than Roadhog.
And let's not even forget the metagame changer that took only until now to actually nerf her where it counts Ana.

Hell, they are even rebuffing Roadhog when he is part of the reason the Tank Metagame is so dominant(Getting rid of the BS Hooks isn't bad, basically stopping players from being able to easily break the 15 meter, 6 second CD which will definitely lead to a one hit kill is just astronomically stupid). While the Biotic Grenade will definitely hurt the Triple Tank Metagame, it won't suddenly make her obsolete as her kit is still ridiculous even with the nerf.

At this rate, I feel like Blizzard doesn't understand that the main issues are on two different fronts:

1. Tanks should not be able to mitigate damage, have bucketloads of health AND do high levels of DPS.
This is the reason the Tank Meta was always going to become a standard even before Ana truly shined in. With Reinhardt and Winston, it's excusable due to how they work. With Roadhog, D.Va and Zarya, it's far less forgiveable. Honestly at the rate they are going, Zarya and Roadhog might as well lose their huge chunk of HP and become DPS heroes in general and nothing would change at all...

2. Damage buffs are not the answer.
I honestly feel Blizzard misses the mark so hard when it comes to crap like this. The Symmetra rework is the perfect example as they buffed Sym pretty well...then they decided to tinker with her Primary for no reason whatsoever and basically turned her into a DPS hero with massive support options.
Instead of trying to buff up Soldier's options or simply his weaken his spread, he now does absurd damage. And it's even the same with Pharah when all they had to do was make her be able to fly more and her missiles not be crap if she doesn't hit head on.
Even Roadhog's 2.0 hook gave him an indirect buff by causing his targets to be pulled even closer, meaning even Mei and Reaper and possibly Bastion will get melted off a single hook.
Honestly what should happen is that the DPS Heroes should actually gain some true utility so they can stop the Tanks being able to mitigate their damage. It's completely off that it's the Defense Heroes(or Mei in particular) is the ones that gives Tanks more trouble than DPS themselves.

Argentus

i recently started using Widowmaker after getting a cool skin for her, and honestly....they need to like halve the cooldown on her grapple. 13 seconds for a basic utility skill is goddamn ridiculous. She really needs more mobility. (and let her stick to walls with it too, so she can get good vantage points) That and buff the poison mine. Either increase the poison speed or the overall damage, because its too slow and weak for a high speed twitch shooter like Overwatch as it is.

i recently started using Widowmaker after getting a cool skin for her, and honestly....they need to like halve the cooldown on her grapple. 13 seconds for a basic utility skill is goddamn ridiculous. She really needs more mobility. (and let her stick to walls with it too, so she can get good vantage points) That and buff the poison mine. Either increase the poison speed or the overall damage, because its too slow and weak for a high speed twitch shooter like Overwatch as it is.

Everyone has always commented on halving her CD on her grappling hook, but people always complain that means she shouldn't have an easy escape option despite the fact that most of the maps in the game nor any of the tanks favor her in the slightest...

Argentus

Everyone has always commented on halving her CD on her grappling hook, but people always complain that means she shouldn't have an easy escape option despite the fact that most of the maps in the game nor any of the tanks favor her in the slightest...
"she shouldn't have an easy escape option"? Why the hell not? Over half the roster has easy escape options and right now Widowmaker is literally a sitting duck for people most of the time. Right now literally all she has is her regular rifle shots, and that's the problem. i'm sure if they tried to "balance" her theyd just buff her rifle damage or somethign stupid but really they need to buff her grappling hook. let her spidey swing around to snipe from different vantage points then move after each shot.

Brute

Standard Donor
"she shouldn't have an easy escape option"? Why the hell not? Over half the roster has easy escape options and right now Widowmaker is literally a sitting duck for people most of the time. Right now literally all she has is her regular rifle shots, and that's the problem. i'm sure if they tried to "balance" her theyd just buff her rifle damage or somethign stupid but really they need to buff her grappling hook. let her spidey swing around to snipe from different vantage points then move after each shot.
Because if she can easily evade enemies she'd just swoop around the map every two seconds 1-shotting the enemy supports while swinging through the air. And before you say: "Sounds great!" No, it doesn't.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Try playing Hanzo. You have two abilities, one which is 20s cooldown for having a static radar - nullified by any Widow Ult, the other is a 12s cooldown for shooting an arrow that splits into 5 arrows. Note: the five arrows go the opposite way the initial arrow goes. That means you only can do damage with it either by (a) randomly shooting into a hallway in hopes one of the 5 get them, or (b) aiming for their feet - if they have feet.
On top of that, he's probably one of the slowest characters in the game, has nothing to push away an enemy from him, and can wall climb but only for one floor height which doesn't escape a Winston charge or mei. Basically he has no mobility and nothing but spray and pray damage.

Brute

Standard Donor
Or try clearing 30 meters every 2 seconds while recharging 10% of your health each second.

Oh wait, that's totally fucking awesome. Mercy rules.

Mercy72_Alt.jpg

120 damage per headshot is why.

Like that stops Roadhog's 15 meter. 6 sec CD instant death hook. And yeah, it also counts as a safe option since you are taking away one of the main people who will kill you.

Try playing Hanzo. You have two abilities, one which is 20s cooldown for having a static radar - nullified by any Widow Ult, the other is a 12s cooldown for shooting an arrow that splits into 5 arrows. Note: the five arrows go the opposite way the initial arrow goes. That means you only can do damage with it either by (a) randomly shooting into a hallway in hopes one of the 5 get them, or (b) aiming for their feet - if they have feet.
On top of that, he's probably one of the slowest characters in the game, has nothing to push away an enemy from him, and can wall climb but only for one floor height which doesn't escape a Winston charge or mei. Basically he has no mobility and nothing but spray and pray damage.

Scatter Arrow is more ridiculous than you say as with the right usage, he can vaporize even Tanks like Zarya with a single usage of it...
Not to mention how forgiving his arrows' hitboxes are compared to Widow's sniper bullets.

Widow only really beats him in one area but he's still very able and capable clearing distances and any party worth their salt would defend him.

Juihau

Widow only really beats him in one area
I can think of at least three, come on.

She has much better mobility from her grappling hook, even with its long cooldown.
Her shots don't take as long to charge.
Even with Hanzo's generous hitboxes, Widow's shots are more accurate, with no travel time or drop.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Scatter Arrow is more ridiculous than you say as with the right usage, he can vaporize even Tanks like Zarya with a single usage of it...

And yet he has to wait more than 10 seconds to fire another, it's not like he has a 2 second cool down on them.

Fun note: Shooting a scatter shot counts as 6 shots to your accuracy, this is why you tend to see "good" hanzos having an average of ~30% accuracy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD