The Overwatch Thread

Xhominid The Demon Within

I can think of at least three, come on.

She has much better mobility from her grappling hook, even with its long cooldown.
Her shots don't take as long to charge.
Even with Hanzo's generous hitboxes, Widow's shots are more accurate, with no travel time or drop.

Good Hanzo's can make up for the drop in the same way Torb players have to make up for his short height and drop.
Both of their shots are about equal to be frank in charge time.
Grappling Hook doesn't give her that much mobility to be honest as you gotta pray you don't hook yourself to a soda machine or something instead.

And yet he has to wait more than 10 seconds to fire another, it's not like he has a 2 second cool down on them.

Fun note: Shooting a scatter shot counts as 6 shots to your accuracy, this is why you tend to see "good" hanzos having an average of ~30% accuracy.

But if it gives him a guaranteed kill for someone who knows their geometry, it's not really a massive net loss isn't it?

Argentus

Because if she can easily evade enemies she'd just swoop around the map every two seconds 1-shotting the enemy supports while swinging through the air. And before you say: "Sounds great!" No, it doesn't.
6-7 seconds though. Which is still a LONG LONG time in overwatch. She needs to be able to reposition or escape which she flat cant do with a 13 second cooldown.

Try playing Hanzo. You have two abilities, one which is 20s cooldown for having a static radar - nullified by any Widow Ult, the other is a 12s cooldown for shooting an arrow that splits into 5 arrows. Note: the five arrows go the opposite way the initial arrow goes. That means you only can do damage with it either by (a) randomly shooting into a hallway in hopes one of the 5 get them, or (b) aiming for their feet - if they have feet.
On top of that, he's probably one of the slowest characters in the game, has nothing to push away an enemy from him, and can wall climb but only for one floor height which doesn't escape a Winston charge or mei. Basically he has no mobility and nothing but spray and pray damage.

Yeah but that scattershot is not only another attack but almost a guaranteed kill every time plus that and his regular arrows have ridiculous hitboxes so aim is negligible with. As opposed to widows accurate sniper shots (which is ALL she has) take some practice in a game where everyone is always running and jumping and bouncing around.

Plus hanzo can just run up walls whenever and at least his radar arrow isnt tied to an ult cooldown like widows so she doesnt even HAVE an ult attack like everyone else.

Thats why everyone says to always pick hanzo over widow

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Plus hanzo can just run up walls whenever and at least his radar arrow isnt tied to an ult cooldown like widows so she doesnt even HAVE an ult attack like everyone else.

Thats why everyone says to always pick hanzo over widow

No, Hanzo can't just "run up walls whenever" when the wall doesn't lead anywhere and it doesn't make him avoid a confrontation if it doesn't. Sadly there's more times than not where he can't use his wall run as an escape method like Genji can. At least Genji can jump at the end of his wall climb plus having his Flying Swallow to help further him away from the opponent. Hanzo runs up and has nothing to do but fall down.

Also, no, everyone does not say pick Hanzo over widow. Everyone complains about anyone who picks Hanzo because Widow is a better option than Hanzo.

Argentus

No, Hanzo can't just "run up walls whenever" when the wall doesn't lead anywhere and it doesn't make him avoid a confrontation if it doesn't. Sadly there's more times than not where he can't use his wall run as an escape method like Genji can. At least Genji can jump at the end of his wall climb plus having his Flying Swallow to help further him away from the opponent. Hanzo runs up and has nothing to do but fall down.

Also, no, everyone does not say pick Hanzo over widow. Everyone complains about anyone who picks Hanzo because Widow is a better option than Hanzo.

that's still WAY more mobility than Widowmaker has.

was talking about her and him earlier today, and this is what I had to say then:

it's more the fact that Hanzo is better in every possible way.

1) Has Widow's ult as a regular ability
2) Can just climb walls whenever instead of having to wait 13 seconds in between
3) Scattershot is far far far more useful than venom mine.
4) Hanzo doesn't lose his peripheral vision while sniping.
5) Actually has an ultimate attack.
6) has huge hitboxes on his arrows so you only need to fire in the general direction of an opponent to hit.

I've recently started using Widow just because I got her huntress skin which I love, but holy hell is she gimped like crazy. She's fine if you stay way in the back and pick people off while teammates engage, but if anyone actually comes after her, she is SCREWED because she essentially has nothing to work with besides her fully charged sniper shots.

Granted i've only been playing for a couple months off and on, but I havent really heard anything against people using Hanzo aside from how asinine the hitboxes on his arrows are.

side note, this little hanzo parody had me laughing my ass off.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Seriously, Symmetra is ridiculous. This needs to end.

Welcome to my life...
But seriously, I've been saying it ever since the patch went live for consoles, Symmetra is now basically a DPS character with massive support options.
Giving her a 10m distance to break off her primary fire is just utterly stupid, combined with her footsteps being so low, it's hard to hear her despite how easy it is for her to kill you. Which is also not helping they didn't change her damn charge rate in any way.

She's just stupid now.

Nyte

Could an animated series be on the way? Blizzard CEO Mark Morhaime said in an earnings report that they're looking to expand Overwatch into other media to appeal to a broader audience, and just afterwards D.Va voice actress Charlet Chung posted on Instagram that she's working on an animated series where she'll be a regular. Granted, we don't know for sure, but it's something to think about ever since November where they said they're looking expand all of their properties into media formats.

https://pvplive.net/c/overwatch-tv-show-development-2017
https://pvplive.net/c/dvas-voice-actress-is-doing-voice-work-for-an-anim

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
If anyone would like to play with me: vgmkyle is my battlenet

I haven't really gotten into competitive because the only person I play with regularly is my brother... seems like a big waste of time to play with four other people that don't wish to communicate.

Winston is my favorite character. He loves peanut butter, he's big and cute and zaps the fuck out of people. I strongly dislike Sym. She's the first character in this game since release to get me swearing... and that surprises me and I don't like her for it.

Argentus

Could an animated series be on the way? Blizzard CEO Mark Morhaime said in an earnings report that they're looking to expand Overwatch into other media to appeal to a broader audience, and just afterwards D.Va voice actress Charlet Chung posted on Instagram that she's working on an animated series where she'll be a regular. Granted, we don't know for sure, but it's something to think about ever since November where they said they're looking expand all of their properties into media formats.

https://pvplive.net/c/overwatch-tv-show-development-2017
https://pvplive.net/c/dvas-voice-actress-is-doing-voice-work-for-an-anim

finally fucking time. Overwatch should have just been an animated series to BEGIN WITH.

Argentus

WHOA, a notification; someone must want to play early Overwatch with me! Oh, wait -- it's Argentus with another bizarre post.

It's not bizarre. they made a bunch of animated shorts and the setting and characters are better suited to an animated series. The whole game feels like a tie-in game to a movie or show that never got made.

That said, I AM on overwatch right now getting loot packs to try to get a few more of the event skins, if you wanted to play. No mic, though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD