The Overwatch Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The game is getting old for me. I can't play with five people regularly and I typically get stuck with people that want to stall and disconnect. I get disconnected all the time... especially in arcade but you can tell the ones doing it dishonestly by the amounts of times they attempt to find a different game but just get stuck with the same one.

I get disconnected because Blizzard has failed with their matchmaking service for this game.

Nyte

The new Uprising event is coming tomorrow. Skins here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...ks-shows-off-the-best-skins-yet/#591c2ac97132

Also, new sprays, including one that makes me almost cry for Widow.

Screen_Shot_2017_04_10_at_3.12.57_PM.0.png

Above: Amélie Lacroix and her husband Gérard on their wedding, before Talon intervened and turned her into Widowmaker to kill him. Right in the feels.

Brute

Standard Donor
I like that they actually made a proper update to the lore this time instead of just a holiday-themed event. Last one was Eichenwald.

This is in general my favorite update to the game, and honestly if they added this "PvE" mode to the arcade for more maps (like they did for Capture the Flag/Chicken) I'd pretty much be done with the PvP. This is the game I always wanted Overwatch to be.

Argentus

I like that they actually made a proper update to the lore this time instead of just a holiday-themed event. Last one was Eichenwald.

This is in general my favorite update to the game, and honestly if they added this "PvE" mode to the arcade for more maps (like they did for Capture the Flag/Chicken) I'd pretty much be done with the PvP. This is the game I always wanted Overwatch to be.

same sentiments here. i've had more fun in two matches of the pve than i've had in all the time doing pvp so far. This is what overwatch should have been from the beginning.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I disagree. While the PVE is a fun distraction -- it's one map and maybe five different types of purple omnics. Unfortunately it doesn't hold my interest for very long.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
For me I'm having so much fun with the challenge of beating Legendary for its achievement. It feels like an honest achievement that not many people will get. You have to play in group chat for it though. Farthest I've made it is to the second Orisa but I have so much fun playing the PvE event.

Argentus

For me I'm having so much fun with the challenge of beating Legendary for its achievement. It feels like an honest achievement that not many people will get. You have to play in group chat for it though. Farthest I've made it is to the second Orisa but I have so much fun playing the PvE event.

the saddest thing is when nobody goes healer. we know its not gonna end well from the getgo lol.

then half the tema leaves the moment the match starts anyway.

Brute

Standard Donor
How does the match start if nobody picks Mercy? He's talking about the story mode for the sprays, not the one where you get to pick whatever heroes you want.

Argentus

How does the match start if nobody picks Mercy? He's talking about the story mode for the sprays, not the one where you get to pick whatever heroes you want.

Wasn't aware he specified. he just said he played the mode.

Didn't realize there was any real difference between the two versions aside from dialogue

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Wasn't aware he specified. he just said he played the mode.

Didn't realize there was any real difference between the two versions aside from dialogue

You don't get any achievements for the All Heroes mode besides using 8 different heroes. All the difficulty, 80%, and completion achievements are in the Story version. Brute picked up on my comment about getting the Legendary achievement, which means completing on Legendary in the story mode.

Argentus

You don't get any achievements for the All Heroes mode besides using 8 different heroes. All the difficulty, 80%, and completion achievements are in the Story version. Brute picked up on my comment about getting the Legendary achievement, which means completing on Legendary in the story mode.

ahhh okay. Yeah I didn't realize that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD