The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei Game Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I like Persona because of the characters and plot, and I love the whole symbolism that the personas and shadows have. Plus I love JRPGs, I like how the system is kinda similar to Dragon Quest. Grunt actually told me there was a fifth one, I was completely unaware a few months back. XD Better late than ever tho

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
Oh damn! Looks like I'll be buying most of those DLCs haha. I see we can use the main personas from the previous games. Sweet!

UpSideDownGRUNT

Also, I think this is the first main Persona with bonus costumes off the bat. Hopefully theres unlockables too and its not all just paid DLC.

But interesting choices
Persona
Persona 2
Persona 3
Persona 4
Obligatory swimsuit set
Catherine

Maybe Dragons Crown is next? XD

Also, I LOVE that Makoto is Katherine. The best girl cosplaying the best girl

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Also, I think this is the first main Persona with bonus costumes off the bat. Hopefully theres unlockables too and its not all just paid DLC.

But interesting choices
Persona
Persona 2
Persona 3
Persona 4
Obligatory swimsuit set
Catherine

Maybe Dragons Crown is next? XD

Also, I LOVE that Makoto is Katherine. The best girl cosplaying the best girl
Carmen is better

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
That's weird I do not remmeber shadow operatives looking anything like that. Don't get me wrong it looks sick as shit and it may be something I actually use if I do multiple playthroughs which for Persona is not usually the case.

I see we've caught a glimpse of what appears to be Goro's theif outfit as well.i did say I would google it then wait, but with how easily I've avoided spoilers for this game and how much they want to keep him underwraps I've decided against it.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I saw most of the thief outfits on TV tropes, thank goodness you can hide spoilers. XD I'm definitely gonna play carefully since I saw that in one of the bad endings the ********** ** ******** ********...

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You know we have spoilers tags too right. edit that shit now.

For fuck sake -_-
Geez, well excuse me.:confused: Sorry, I didn't think about that...

....Well I won't be posting anything for a minute XD. Feel free to share any new info aside from spoilers everyone, wouldn't want any undeserved aggression, I know I wouldn't since I've had just about enough of that in the last few days~_~

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I literally just told you I was avoiding even looking at character art to avoid spoilers and you post THAT undeserved is not the adjective I would use to describe my aggression.

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
The first time I heard of Shin Megami tensei, was in a Mag, with the caption, "Dante from Devil May Cry appears in SMT Nocturne."
After reading that I was like "OH DAMN! I gotta check that shit out!!!".... It turned out to be a JRPG, It was a let down, however I endured it and beat it with Dante in my party.
After that I played Persona 4, didn't like it, watched the anime and dropped it fairly quickly, afterwards played Persona 4 Area, I hated that game.
Borrowed Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS from a friend, Liked it a lot.
Now I am so hyped for Shin Megami Tensei IV- Apocalypse -->

Hayabusiness

So "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series" did bring in some money!

ANyway, SMT is a series I've always been curious about. Persona, I played 4 up until Naoto's dungeon and it was really not my thing, 3, I played the girl version up until some time after the first dungeon, and then kinda left it there even if I liked it much more than 4.

I wonder which one of the retro SMT games would be a good way to start. The monster dialogue aspect is very interesting. I really wanted to try Strange Journey but I could never find it in stores... IIRC it never came out in Europe.

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
So "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series" did bring in some money!

ANyway, SMT is a series I've always been curious about. Persona, I played 4 up until Naoto's dungeon and it was really not my thing, 3, I played the girl version up until some time after the first dungeon, and then kinda left it there even if I liked it much more than 4.

I wonder which one of the retro SMT games would be a good way to start. The monster dialogue aspect is very interesting. I really wanted to try Strange Journey but I could never find it in stores... IIRC it never came out in Europe.

Yeah, Put a well know guest character in a game and many fans will jump in too try it

Like Final fantasy every SMT is there own stand alone story.
And many fans say to start with SMT - Digital Devil saga,
SMT-Nocturne,
Shin Megami Tensei IV
SMT Persona 3 FES
Or SMT Devil Survivor

Strange Journey I heard is goddamn hard. :O

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD