The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei Game Thread

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
They're each their own story but they do hold simular themes. I never learned the origin of summoning program until I played SMT1 on my phone for example. And it seems that has carried on throughout the series with the Demifeind being the only protagonist to summon them without the aid of a device.

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
They're each their own story but they do hold simular themes. I never learned the origin of summoning program until I played SMT1 on my phone for example. And it seems that has carried on throughout the series with the Demifeind being the only protagonist to summon them without the aid of a device.
Recruiting demons, dungeon crawling through hordes of monsters and depending on your choices you get different endings, thats the core in every SMT game. :)

SilverForte

Decent series. I enjoyed p3p a lot, probably my favorite one. Femc is the best. Overall though I recognize its a very well done series, its just not really my taste, the games are a completionist nightmare.

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
Decent series. I enjoyed p3p a lot, probably my favorite one. Femc is the best. Overall though I recognize its a very well done series, its just not really my taste, the games are a completionist nightmare.
Lots of grinding and farming is necessary, for the most part its rewarding.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
well i mean to complete this game you need to collect all the interesting monsters. yeah other games are easier to complete but whatever you're obtaining is usually the most uninteresting crap.

"collect 50 of these orbs to get an trophy that literally nobody but you cares about"

as opposed to

"collect all these monsters to get their abilities,lore, fusions, and the ultimate weapons"

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
As long as the game is interesting, I won't mind playing it again to get all the trophies, although I hope we can get most on the first playthrough.

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
well i mean to complete this game you need to collect all the interesting monsters. yeah other games are easier to complete but whatever you're obtaining is usually the most uninteresting crap.

"collect 50 of these orbs to get an trophy that literally nobody but you cares about"

as opposed to

"collect all these monsters to get their abilities,lore, fusions, and the ultimate weapons"
Trophy whores do whatever it takes to get them.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Persona 5 here we go.

in about 4 months yeah, till then its Apocolypse time but im not even playing that at the moment either because i still need to finish SMT4.

oh by the way i found something interesting out Apocalypse doesn't take place after any SMT4 ending, rather its a different story that takes place right before the chaos,order, or neutral paths split.

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
in about 4 months yeah, till then its Apocolypse time but im not even playing that at the moment either because i still need to finish SMT4.

oh by the way i found something interesting out Apocalypse doesn't take place after any SMT4 ending, rather its a different story that takes place right before the chaos,order, or neutral paths split.

I know, you get to see and team up with old SMT IV characters and change this alternate timeline.
That is why I am hyped, if you transfer your save data you get some stuff in SMT IV Apocalypse.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

NiOh might take quite a bit of time on my end too, as well as other games within those months. I could possibly shift between the two from time to time but I'm usually in the zone for one game and then proceed to the next.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
im the opposite i have like a 100 games i still need to finish but i just keep picking up more.

im going to try to prioritize finishing P5 though because i doubt im going to have to be worried about spoilers for Nioh. i let myself be spoiled on P3 and P4 because i assumed i was never going to finish them and i kind of regret it now especially with P4.

gonna have to take a break from DOA though, i realized playing fighters was part of the reason i never finished my games so i swore off the endless online struggle until i beat P3 and it worked. probably gonna need to do the same for P5.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Definitely looking forward to Persona 5. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

And I'm annoyed that there still hasn't been any word on a soundtrack album for P5, despite the game being out for a month now. Really want to import a copy like I did for so many other Persona albums.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've heard some tracks on YT but they always quick to take them down XD. I'm looking forward to if the game will have a good English dub like Persona 4 did.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Definitely looking forward to Persona 5. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

And I'm annoyed that there still hasn't been any word on a soundtrack album for P5, despite the game being out for a month now. Really want to import a copy like I did for so many other Persona albums.
I think the only way to get the soundtrack is via the Take Your Heart collector Edition

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I think the only way to get the soundtrack is via the Take Your Heart collector Edition

No, that's not the full soundtrack album. It's a CD with selected music from the game. I'm talking about the legit Persona 5 Original Soundtrack album, which so far does not exist. Very strange, considering that every other game in the series has one.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...arena-series-director-kazuhisa-wada/#comments

FUCK YEAH
p4au0925141280jpg-2e42e2_1280w.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not big into 2D anime fighters, but I'd main the protagonist and likely get it if they did make it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD