The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei Game Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Some new SMT news, I like that Atlus is taking the initiative and pressing while the iron is hot

C2CFumZUsAMR1ca.jpg:large

The HD project is confirmed for the Switch, but it's not necessarily an exclusive.

SMT4 was on the 3DS because it fit the graphical capabilities and Tokyo Mirage Session had ties that Fire Emblem.

A full 3D project should have no problem getting to other systems.
This is amazing! I didn't know they were gonna do all this 0.0

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Yeah they've been gearing up for their 25th anniversary this past week.

General consensus is that at least of these is a remake.

The HD project in particular drew some strong parallels to Nocturne though that doesn't necessarily mean anything either. it also uses SMT4 Odin as a figure head so who knows.

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
I never get impressed with a CGI trailer, unless they shown gameplay footage to show us what to except.
We shouldn't give in to hype until we are certain that the game we want to see will be the one worth being excited for.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I never get impressed with a CGI trailer, unless they shown gameplay footage to show us what to except.
We shouldn't give in to hype until we are certain that the game we want to see will be the one worth being excited for.

this isn't some new triple A IP it's an SMT game whether that means remake, new or whatever else, I'm pretty sure we all have a general idea on what it will be. They're not ones to reinvent the wheel every time like Final Fantasy.

I'm also not that excited I'm mostly just happy that a company I like is doing well. I still haven't even beaten SMT4 yet so I'm in no rush.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This'll be my first SMT game so after I play conditions complete this one, I'm thinking of going backwards and playing all the older ones, that's what I did when I first got into DOA XD

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
0_o

....Uh yeah, I'll be taking my time getting to the first two then XD SMT has definitely come a LONG way since then....
You dont need to play the first two games, the series are mostly self contained games with lose references, not direct sequels. (except SMT IV and SMT IV Apocalypse)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
My copy of the Persona 5 Original Soundtrack came in today. It has three discs unlike the P3 and P4 albums, which each had two, so there's a lot on here (110 tracks, totaling 3 hours, 47 minutes). Also unlike the last two games' soundtracks, P5's includes a full 4:38 version of the game's OP "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There," though it also includes a 2:53 instrumental version of it and a shortened 1:35 version as a bonus. P3 and P4's soundtracks each had instead only included the shortened 1:35 version of their OPs, forcing you to buy the Reincarnation albums later on for the full version and had never released an instrumental version at all. And also unlike the two previous games, this one has the double jewel case slipped into a chipboard slipcover, which is then, along with its obi, wrapped inside of a resealable wrap.

The included booklet contains credits, lyrics and artwork.

p5ost.jpg

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
i really liked it at first but the dead and honestly pretty bland cast and world makes it hard to go back to. i love the fact that SMT4 still has an interesting civilization

Well It's supposed to be a dead world, and your "friends" are supposed to be a bunch of outcast hipster assholes. That's the point lol

Lucifer frankly has the best character development out of anyone in the game. His incarnations in other titles don't come close to him here.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Persona 4 Golden on PS4 would be great.

Every other good Vita game has come/is coming to Steam and/or PS4, so why not Golden? You could even package it with Persona 3 FES or Persona 3 Portable.

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
I would love to see Persona 3 HD remaster. on the PS4. I put so many hours on the PS2 and PSP versions.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
If they ever do a Persona 3 HD, I hope they include features from both the PS2 FES and PSP versions and put them together. Just imagine playing FES with the ability to command everyone in your party and the feature to play as a girl. It'd be dope.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
If they ever do a Persona 3 HD, I hope they include features from both the PS2 FES and PSP versions and put them together. Just imagine playing FES with the ability to command everyone in your party and the feature to play as a girl. It'd be dope.

id prefer the feature to still play as Minato while getting all the social links with the guys, but thats probably not going to happen.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD