The Regeneration of Brutality - Raidou General Discussion

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
latest

Following an explosion after his defeat at the hands of Kasumi, what was left of his body was soon found by Victor Donovan. He was reassembled and outfitted with cybernetic parts. The process of mechanization erased Raidou's memories however, leaving only his desire for power and destruction.

Raidou, we haven't forgotten your inclusion in Last Round. Here's the Raidou general discussion thread, since the forum itself is a bit bare.

:raidou: "I want your skills! Show me your secrets!"

Nightpup

I'm just curious if his DOAD juggles will remain intact. I know his BnB(for me anyway) was 8P, 33KK. Was more consistent to land and did more damage than PP4PK. I also wonder if they're gonna nerf(buff?) his complex throw inputs like they eventually did with Hayate's Raijin(granted they did eventually bring the old one back). Have you seen the startup command for his unique OH? 61234. That's weird af.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I never touched Raidou in DOA1 and never go my hands on DOAD, so that's why I'm curious to see how he plays. I know he has moves from the ninjas and other characters, but that's about all I do know of the character.

Nightpup

Well, for reference's sake, here's the command for the two unique grabs he has:
:236::4::6::H+P::5::214::268::H+P::5::4862::4862::H+P: <-- Underworld Drop.
:6::1::2::3::4::H+P::5::236::236::H+P: <-- Unique OH. Doesn't have a name.

Kind of insane.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Wtf?! How could anyone pull those off on a 3DS?! That'd probably be a move that I would assign on the touch screen so the game could do it for me, because that looks ridiculous on the D-Pad. But question, is that command easier to pull off than, say, Hayate's Raijin?

RoboJoe

Only the first input of the first throw seems awkward. The rest of it looks really easy.

Nightpup

Wtf?! How could anyone pull those off on a 3DS?! That'd probably be a move that I would assign on the touch screen so the game could do it for me, because that looks ridiculous on the D-Pad. But question, is that command easier to pull off than, say, Hayate's Raijin?
It's significantly easier than the Raijin, but still a total pain to try and do in the middle of a match.

RoboJoe

Raijin's last input is retarded. Nothing can compare.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Well I can guarantee that Team Ninja is going to incorporate the Underworld Drop into a combo challenge.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Raijin's last input is retarded. Nothing can compare.

Interesting...I find Raijin to be moderately easier, not to mention that you do not have to really hard buffer for it (Not easy, but definitely not hard). If anything, Akira's GBoD takes it since it has to be on block, especially the reverse way (2P side) if you are using a controller.

synce

It's significantly easier than the Raijin, but still a total pain to try and do in the middle of a match.

How much of that is to do with the 3DS though? To me the moves look no harder than Alpha's OH really

BTW what do you guys think the chances are of TN doing a human Raidou DLC costume? 3%? And it should come with the classic stance too. The new one looks so awkward... I only read one book on martial arts long ago but I don't think it's in anyone's best interest for all their weight to be on the front foot

Nightpup

How much of that is to do with the 3DS though? To me the moves look no harder than Alpha's OH really

BTW what do you guys think the chances are of TN doing a human Raidou DLC costume? 3%? And it should come with the classic stance too. The new one looks so awkward... I only read one book on martial arts long ago but I don't think it's in anyone's best interest for all their weight to be on the front foot
I personally find the 3DS easier to use than a PS3 or 360 controller. The D-pad feels perfect for DOA. The input is a pain because it takes so long to do, so you have to predict their hold REAAAALLLY FAR in advance. It's not fun.

synce

k I'm just eager to see the damage at this point... I don't see myself using him unless his OHes are scary or his fireball is more than a zack beam

BTW isn't it some bull that Raidou was announced months before Honoka yet there's already more footage of her. Someone tell that Aussie leaker to do Raidou's training

Nightpup

k I'm just eager to see the damage at this point... I don't see myself using him unless his OHes are scary or his fireball is more than a zack beam

BTW isn't it some bull that Raidou was announced months before Honoka yet there's already more footage of her. Someone tell that Aussie leaker to do Raidou's training
Underworld Drop did 85 damage iirc and his OH did 100. 150 on Hi-counter.

Fireball damage was either 50 or 80 iirc depending on how long you held it.

Kronin

In the media section I posted 2 new videos from Last Round where it's possible to see Raidou (and Honoka) in action. Not sure if there will be something useful, but try to give a check.

synce

Thanks Kronin. Noticed a couple cool things in those videos. His OH seems to do ~100 damage on CH, which is awesome... but I think it's breakable so you'll probably only get half that against good players :/

raiOH.jpg

Also at around 3:05 in the 10min preview he does a slide which stuns on NH. So far I think that's the only move that looks solid

SilverForte

Lol well from that little smige I noticed a few things.

Raidous 8p which was genfus has been replaced with a new sitdown stun move, probably a good choice.
new DP move, probably the EWGF copy.
He now has a neutral 5T, which is hayates.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD