DOA5LR The Spinning Heel Sword Punish Thread.

Lulu

Introduction.
Perhaps this time I may have gone too far..... but who cares....

Anyway the purpose of this thread is to find very unsafe moves that leave the opponent back turned so you can nail the Heel Sword. I know.... crazy right ? Yep but it was fun testing it.

Getting Started.
First off you need a need to find an opponents move that is very unsafe on block or on hold and also leaves them back turned.... how unsafe you ask ? The Reccomended disadvantage is -23 Frames.... since thats how long it takes for the Heel Sword to go active. But you can go lower if you decide to punish with :3::K: first before you bounce them with the Heel Sword. :3::K: goes active in 19 Frames and grants you a +29 Back Turned advantage I think.... it might be less.... doesn't matter... the point is its enough for the Heel Sword. Sooooo lets get cracking......

Wait one more thing.... the Side Step Hold is very unpredictable and the camera migh switch directions on you making :6::H+K: come out instead of ths intended:4::H+K:... same story with :3::K:.... sometimes you get :1::K: instead.
Its also possible that Jacky won't side step far enough to actually get behind the opponent so even if the Heel Sword Connects you might wind up hitting them from the Front.

Oh.... it takes 5 Frames to Turn Around and Block from the BT... however you need to watch out for characters that thrive in being BT like Helena or Marie.

Unsafe Moves

Alpha-152:alpha152:
:mid: 7K (Flash Kick)
Disadvantage: -29
This one needs to be punished immediately.... Alpha has one or two strings with the Flash Kick in it.... I suspect thats when its most likely to pop up.

:mid: BT 7K (Reverse Flash Kick)
Disadvantage: -45
Yep.... the fastest mid in the game... Alpha can only do this one when she's BT. As you can see it's very unsafe.

Ayane:ayane:
:mid: BT Ei-Getsurin (Reverse Flash Kick)
Disadvantage: -43
This is actually Ayane's 2nd Flash Kick.... the first one turns her around so the Heel Sword Always hits from the front... this one is the exact opposite.

Bass Armstrong:bass:
:mid: Flying Body Press (Belly Flop)
Disadvantage: -53
Yes this one is very unsafe but you have to chase it to actually get the Heel Sword ut connect. It requires a Mid Punch Hold.

:mid: Bass Special (Butt Slam)
Disadvantage: -39
Lol this one is Tricky.... its Bass's Butt Slam and it responds to both Mid Holds... its important to note that you have delay your Heel Sword if you actually want to punish this move because when Jacky circles all the way around it Bass will be temporarily facing you.... give him a second to turn around during his recovery and then bring down your shiny boot on his ass. :)

Eliot:eliot:
:high: Toku-Koto-Tai (Flying Kick)
Disadvantage: -26:
This is one is pretty straight forward.... Hold High then Punish.

Hayate:hayate:
Getsurin-Kyaku (Flash Kick)
Disadvantage: -44
This one is pretty straight forward..... hold then Punish. The tricky part it how do you get Hayate to do it ?

:mid: BT Ei-Getsurin (Reverse Flash Kick)
Disadvantage: -43 Pretty much the same as his Flash Kick from the front.

Jacky Bryant:jacky:
:high: Fire Darts (Flying Kick)
Disadvantage: -16
this one can't be punished with the Heel Sword..... you need to punish it with the mid kick first then go for the Heel Sword.... and even then it might not work all the time.

Jan Lee:jannlee:
:high: Dragon Kick (Flying Kick)
Disadvantage: -49
LoL.... I haven't been able to actually punish this one.... he's just way way too far way.... perhaps it will work near an invisible barrier.

Kasumi:kasumi:
:mid: Getsurin (Flash Kick)
Disadvantage: -44
Just like Alpha's 7K this one shows up in a few strings and comes up alot more frequently since Kasumi can Teleport from it.

:high: Susei-Chu (Sexy Dragon Punch) Disadvantage: -21
LoL.... this is the High Punch Launcher.... you have to chase this one to punish it.... luckily because it is a long range move you will wind up right behind her all most all the time.

La Mariposa (Lisa):La Mariposa:
:mid: La Quebrada (Moonsault Press)
Disadvantage: -20
This one is completely Random... some times it works and most times it doesnt.... theres just too many variables.

Marie "Totally 18" Rose:marierose:
I know Marie Has One But I don't own her so I can't test it.

Momiji:momiji:
:high: (Flying Kick)
Disadvantage: -18
Heres another Random one..... unlike all the other Flying Kicks this one doesn't have much range.... thats what makes it tricky.

Nyotengu :nyotengu:
I know Nyotengu Has One too But I don't own her so I can't test it.

Rig:rig:
:high: Flying (Side Piercing) Kick
Disadvantage: -25
This is the optimum Flying Kick.... its just long enough and unsafe enough to nail the Heel Sword.

Sarah:sarah:
:mid: Summersault Kick (Flash Kick)
Disadvantage: -32
Sarah's Flash Kick is Pretty fast....don't dilly dally on this. You most punish it quickly.... it does show up in both her stances and some strings.

Tina Armstrong:tina:
:mid: Moonsault Press
Disadvantage: -20
Just like La Mariposa this one his is very random.

:mid: Jumping Hip Attack (Butt Slam)
Disadvantage: -39
This one is pretty convenient.... You can't grab that ass but you can punish it with the Heel Sword.

:high: Clothes Line
Disadvantage: -36
This one is Tricky.... you have to chase it alil but you can get the Heel Sword to connect.

Zack:zack:
:mid: Funky Roll (The Blanka Ball)
Disadvantage:-28
Now this one you should always go for.... its at the right distance and mostly akways leave Zack BT. Zack players like using this one..... make them regret it !!!

Calling All Players.
I'm sure theres alot of moves that can be punished with the Heel Sword..... if you can think of any then list them below..... I'l give you credit for it.... ;)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD