Battle Royal The Success of Evolution 2015

Shortly after @Gehaktbal won his qualifier to the Dead or Alive Festival, @Mr.Kwiggle came out the Dead or Alive 5 Last Round champion at Evolution 2015 in Las Vegas, NV. Many of the Dead or Alive players in attendance are reporting the great atmosphere of Evolution and great times they had with the community and their friends at the event:

Reginald "Electrified Mann | MC Static" Wysinger, who placed 4th overall, had this to say:
Welp I made 4th THIS time AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHEIRICVTGSJCIFBEJD!!!!!! LMAO but had a very interesting and fun weekend here at Evo. Had a good time and got to explore this sleepless city. Was proud to still put up a variety of my character's on stream too. GG's and congrats to my buddy Kristian Mclean for the W as well as Steady Gibbs for putting up that hell of a fight. Always a pleasure to get to personally speak with and hang with Tom, Eric Small, and Shin Blanka you guy's work very hard to make these events happen and I really appreciated it. Now it's time to head back to Houston to heal and recover and I'll see you guy's again at Summer Jam with some even crazier tricks. wink emoticon (Also very hyped to see this DOA Festival in a few weeks)

Steady "CrazySteady" Gibbs, who placed 2nd overall, said the following:
Had an amazing time at EVO! Great games to my buddies Kristian & Reginald! Congrats to that cheap Christie for winning I guess lol. And of course I had to fight Hajin AGAIN! Lol that guy is just, awesome lol. Great matches as always! xD Shout outs to everyone that made it out to the event! Huge shout outs to Eric & Shin for putting it together. Special thanks to Tom as well! Without these guys, I don't know where our community will be at now! I had an awesome time! The Bryants will be back soon! It is always great to go to tournaments because you get to meet awesome people like Darryl! It was a lot of fun. See you guys soon!

Kristian "MC Kwiggle" Mclean, taking the event, reported:
Just wanted to give some shoutouts to Tom Lee, Eric SmallShin Blanka and the madcatz guys for putting together the event. Always a great time seeing you guys and got to enjoy hanging out and talking about various things. Also shout outs to the all the players that made it out to EVO like hajin, return of the shadow, and many more who helped the tournament scene. Was cool meeting you Darryl Surijpaul you need to hit up players like Sly Bass and Dan McMahon since you live right in New York, glad you enjoyed your first tournament. Lastly of course shout outs to my friendsSteady Gibbs and Reginald Wysinger. Steady for that awesome grand final. Gave the people quite a show and had people getting mad hype lol coming for blood resetting the bracket and taking it all the way to last game. Beat the crap out my bro too lol and to emann for just overall fantastic play and doing what he does best when he plays, showing why he's a top player with all those reads and counters against me and steady. Will be uploading the other top 8 matches that didn't get streamed so you guys have more hype matches to see. Can't wait to go make the USA proud at this DOA Festival In a couple weeks :)

11745842_10152981559685778_2029686349420541724_n.jpg

It wasn't just the players sending in good reports, but the tournament organizers as well. Eric "Big E" Smalls and Tom Lee of Team NINJA reported good times with players and the camraderie between the players made for a great weekend. Larry "Shin Blanka" Dixon made an excellent plea to the community in how we are coming from a solid showing and with Summer Jam, The Fall Classic, Absolute Battle, and the Battle Royal finals Northeast Championships showing good numbers we can represent Dead or Alive as one of the best 3D fighters in the FGC:

Shin Blanka said:
On the behalf of FINAL ROUND LLC, BIG E GAMING, and TEAM NINJA I would like to thank EVERYONE that attended this event at EVOLUTION 2015. Also everyone needs to thank the EVOLUTION staff for allowing this to happen. I was very pleased with the turnout since this was a side tournament at EVO. This is a stepping stone moment imo and we as a community need to take advantage of this if you guys ever want a true chance to be on the EVOLUTION main stage. Of course we would need more people to attend offline events at our traditional doa majors to show our scene is growing. If KI can get on EVOLUTION main game list why can't doa? If we can get at least 128 at summer jam and at tfc, 64 at paradise, and 200 plus at nec I think that would be a huge statement as a growing scene. I know times are rough to travel to that many events for those that are super active in the offline tournament scene but we have sooooooo many players in this group in so many parts of the country and world that it shouldn't be a hard task if everyone in this community wants doa officially at evo. We have to show growth guys plain and simple. I know team ninja Tom Lee will continue to support the doa community and it helps him when he can show the corporation in the meetings that his efforts are not wasted. We cannot do this without you guys. Let's make the second half of the battle Royale season something nobody will forget of deny!

I normally don't do this but I have to say something. Big unshoutout to all those former fake doa players that was at evo and didn't enter the event. Those that look me and Eric in the face and didn't even come over to the booth where we were set up. WHEN doa grows and is on the main stage of evo next year we don't want your kind back. I'm not saying any names and don't pm me about this because I have zero to say to any of you!

There were also reports of various Fighting Game sub-communities tuning in to the Evolution festivities and watching the DOA5LR side streams along with the Evo main streams.

11755910_1016968118321730_4068403395690042344_n.jpg

Dead or Alive was given an opportunity thanks to the Tournament Organization of Big E Gaming, and it honestly didn't disappoint by having over fifty (50) entrants in the side tournament, higher than most if not all of the other side tournaments at Evolution. Time will tell if we will ever make it into the main roster at Evolution, but the biggest deciding factor on that is you and the members of the Dead or Alive community. Keep up the good work, promote your game and your friends, and help the community by trying to attend the Battle Royal Finale at North East Championships in Philadelphia, PA on the first weekend of December (December 4-5, 2015). We have grown the scene so much since the days of Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive 4, together we can keep the train moving.

wearefighters.png

Related Articles:

Last edited:
I'm glad that DOA was present at EVO this time around and the matches were definitely enjoyable to watch. Keep up the good work guys!

Such an enjoyable tournament to watch, even as a side tournament. The Top 4 was amazingly entertaining, especially once CrazySteady reset the brackets and forced MC Kwiggle to bring out Christie. It was so down to the wire! Great job to everyone in making this possible. Also, can boobiebombs commentate more often? He was hype and I love commentators like that! Lol

I really thought E-mann would make it to Grand Finals. His Kokoro is frightening :eek:. But major props to Kwiggle and Steady for that hype Grand Finals. Shit got really intense near the end! Props to Top 8 and pretty much everyone who competed at EVO for DOA. I'm happy with how the tournament turned out and thoroughly enjoyed the DOA streams!

Major thanks to Shin Blanka & Big E too. The shit they do for this community...

A stunning display of virtual fighter talent. CrazySteady is a serious contender and left me thoroughly impressed, can't wait to see more matches like that in the future. Time to study up that VF game!

OMG! Great news! :D
Dead or Alive was given an opportunity thanks to the Tournament Organization of Big E Gaming, and it honestly didn't disappoint by having over fifty (50) entrants in the side tournament, higher than most if not all of the other side tournaments at Evolution. Time will tell if we will ever make it into the main roster at Evolution, but the biggest deciding factor on that is you and the members of the Dead or Alive community. Keep up the good work, promote your game and your friends, and help the community by trying to attend the Battle Royal Finale at North East Championships in Philadelphia, PA on the first weekend of December (December 4-5, 2015). We have grown the scene so much since the days of Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive 4, together we can keep the train moving.

Having an attendance higher than the most side tournaments! Or the highest! :D Fantastic! Let's beat KI's attendance guys! :D

Please bring back boobiebombs and the other commentator at Final Round 18 @KBradJStorm for any DOA tournaments if possible ! They make the commentary/overall feel so much fun to watch ~
The echoing on the mic pissed off my neighbor's dog when I was watching the stream lol

This was my first EVO, and it was amazing. DOA tournament had a great turnout, I did pretty well, Smash 4 and Street Fighter were amazing. Saw a lot of players I've wanted to meet, saw a lot of my friends. Hopefully I will be attending again next year.

Good games to everyone I played in casuals. Good games to everyone I played in tournament, especially Steady and Sonic Fox.

Next is SCR2015 and CaliCrush for me.

This was definitely a great tournament and surely one of the best that I saw so far... and I say it having sadly lost a big part of the pool being busy that day, and not having the possibility to see the top 8 like everyone because not streamed. And the Top 4 alone was one of the hypest finals that I've ever seen! My congratulations to Kwiggle for the victory and to all the other DOA players =)

PS: A personal thanking @Mr.Kwiggle to you and your brother for that awesome match Phase against Phase on Danger Zone... To see a mirror match of Kasumi's teleporting clone on Danger Zone and between two great players it was one of my wishes! ^^

@Mr. Wah is it safe to assume that Team NINJA saw the EVO tournament a success from an affluence pov matter considering its status (a side tournament) and the effective outcome of it?

I always enjoy watching DOA the most. And of course, these competitors didn't upset. And this is a great write up here. Kudos to everybody.

Matches were awesome, I just hated the commentary.

I know, it's about the hype, but that commentary took so much away from the matches and was just distracting. (And, most of the time, he had no idea what the hell he was talking about).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD