The Super Secret Fighter Chick - DOA5LR-Honoka Comprehensive Breakdown

KING JAIMY

But wouldn't you not want that since you have no range. What if the opponent doesn't do a wakeup attack and you KBD, you are only helping them create more distance to space you out unfortunately. Just trying to understand you guys logic is all. =[
If they don't wake up and you KBD it's no big deal since she she can both create and close gaps really fast.. If they don't wake up you also acquire the knowledge that they don't tend to wake up so you can pressure with unholdables etc. The good thing about Honoka's KBD is that it is really fast and she doesn't have to respect her opponents' wake-up kicks in open space at all. The KBD is also really good with respect to environmental positioning. All in all, creating distance with Honoka doesn't have to be a bad thing per se.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Is PPP really a natural combo? I'm pretty sure you can always hold after PP.
I think you're correct. I recall holding the third punch of Honoka's PPP so it can't be a natural combo.

Also, there is a mistake in the guide. Honoka does not have Rig's Bending Stance. All of Rig's bending stance moves (BND P and BND 8K for Rig) are Dokuritsu-Ho for Honoka (DHO P and DHO K, respectively).

KING JAIMY

ppp is a natural combo & i know i just put bending so you could see which moves she too from the character
Wow PPP being a natural combo is huge, holy cow. We actually should have a Honoka strategy thread because this should prove to be effective in creating setups.

RenderingStar

You test natural combos by turning on curtail hold and reaction hold on fastest also make sure its on counter strike. Some natural combos work on NH but the majority iof the time it will be on CH I made a mistake PPP isn't a 3&1

HoodsXx

I hadn't seen it in here so I thought I'd mention but just like Brad's 46PP\46P6P Honoka's 9PP is also a NC on CH. Thought I'd mention it so you could put that in as well Star. Great way to fish for a tick throw setup.

Dark-truth

View attachment 12305

Hey! before I start I wanna give a big shout out to @KING JAIMY,@panicitstylor,@iHajinShinobi ,@Tenryuga and 866AiN999.

To get started I would say Honoka is a mid-range kind of character. She relies heavily on footsies and her quick jabs. A defensive game plan would be to play the mid-range game. While an offensive game plan would be to force your way into the close range. Now Honoka takes so time getting used too so lets jump into the break down.

Overview
Legend

Directionals
:1: = 1/down back
:2: = 2/down
:3: = 3/down forward
:4: = 4/back/guard (block)
:5: = 5/neutral
:6: = 6/forward
:7: = 7/back up
:8: = 8/up
:9: = 9/up forward

Buttons
:P: = Punch (P)
:K: = Kick (K)
:F:/:h::+::P: = Throw (T)
:h: = Hold (H)/Cancel/Standing stiff guard (block)
:P+K: = Punch plus kick
:H+K: = Hold plus kick

Terms
NH = Normal hit
CH = Counter hit
HCH = High counter hit
FT = Front turned stance
BT = Back turned stance
SDS = Sit down stun

Pros
+ Very Fast(9/11/13)
+ Decent throw damage
+ Decent tracking
+ Great baiting out holds
+ Generally Safe
+ Good tracking

+ Great environmental damage
+ Good at tick throwing
+Good guard breaks
+Great walk speed

Cons
- Doesn't have that much range out in space
- Lightweight
- Almost all of her stances require an initial hit before going into stance.
- Her hitboxes are shorter on good tools she has from other characters. Ex: 236P from Ein and 236K from Jann Lee.
:honoka:
Close Range Combat:honoka:
:P:-Very fast poke coming out at 9 frames(9i). It is good for interrupting strings and tick throwing(punch-grab).
:P::P:- PP is also another tick throw set up. Also a natural combo on NH and CH. It also allows her to go into ducking.(ex.PP2)

:P::P::P:- -6 on block and on hit it can go into dragon stance.

:P::P::P::K:- Is a good ender. +1 on block and it tracks.

:P::P::6::P:- A decent wall splat -7 on block.

:P::P::2::K:- A low that goes into Bokuho. Very easy to react to it comes out a 24 frames.

:6::P:- 6P is the 11 frame mid (11i). Very fast poke that interrupt a slower string of another character. Also it has a really small hitbox.

:6::P::P:- 6PP is -7 on block.

:8_::P:- 8P is -6 on block and is a deep stun. It has many uses, it can go into Heichu, bait out a hold or go for mix up.

:4_::P:- 4P is a 15frame tracking mid. It's great for mix up you can delay the string or use it to bait holds.

:3::P::P::P:- 3PPP leaves Honoka -5. If it hits your opponent it puts them in a must hold situation because they cannot stagger escape your next follow up.(Unless you delay it)

:1::P:- An 18 frame low that tracks. 1P can put your opponent in a slip stun and it can be used to make your opponent respect your low options.

:236::P:- Is mainly used for a whiff punishment and combo enders.

:7::P:- 7P is a guard break that leaves Honoka +13. In the wall it guarantees her PP and 6P.

:4::6::P:- 46P is a neutral guard break which you can use to pressure your opponent. Depending on the distance it can become +5.

:2::P:- 2P is a low jab that stops highs & mids. It's 13 frames which is fast for a low jab. It's also a great jab to use to bait the opponent into low holding & using a mid jab.

:9::P::P::P::P: - This string leaves Honoka -6, It also has a low so it keeps your opponent guessing

:9::P::P::K::K: - This string has a quick low, it also gives Honoka +2 on block.

:P::K: - PK can put a crouching opponent into a SDS. It also is a quick way to wall splat your opponent.

:K::K: - KK puts your opponent in a bound. It is -10 on block so it should only be used in a stun.

:6::K: - 6K is a 12 frame mid kick that has two options 6KK or 6K2K. 6K is good for baiting low holds due to your low option 6K2K.

:4::K:- 4K is one of Honoka's best moves. It leaves Honoka -1/+2 depending on distance. It also can go into ducking 4K2 which leaves Honoka +2. This move is used during Honoka's spacing game it allows for a safe way to keep your opponent at bay.

:3::K:- 3K puts Honoka into Dokuritsu-H(Brad Wongs Stance)This also allows her to go into 3KP shenanigans.

:9::K:- 9K is 24 Frames Mid Kick.This is another one of Honoka's best moves .You can get great damage from crushing a wake up kick. It crushes mid and low wake up kicks and it is -5 on block.

:8::K:- 8K is a 16 frame launch that put her in Bokhuo. This launch leads into her highest damage combos.

:7::K:- 7K is a quick launch at 14 frames. It is effective if you wanna play the stun launch game.Though it is very unsafe on block(-15).

:3::3::K:- 33K is another good launch. After Bending P 33K is guaranteed.

:236::K:- This high is Unblockable .

:P+K:- P+K is -6 on block and has a follow up.It is also a great combo ender.

:236::P+K:- 236P+K crushes low wake up kicks and it puts Honoka in ducking. It is +11 on block. This move has a slow start up so it is very easy to see coming.

:214::P+K:- 214P+K leaves Honoka +1 it also puts her into Bokuho.

:2::P+K::4:(:6::P:) - 2P+K4(6P) is one of Honoka's best combo enders. It is -4 on block provides a fake guard break.

:3::P+K:- 3P+K is Honoka's critical burst. It comes out at 20frames and it is -6 on block. This move also cannot be held as it will give a sidestep animation instead of a hold.

:4::P+K:- 4P+K is an probably Honoka's best crush move. It comes out at 18 frames and it can lead to some high damage juggles. Its only downside is on NH she cannot combo after it.

:H+K:- H+K is a 18 Frame tracking mid K that is -2 on block. This is a good move but if it whiff your going to get punished.

:6::H+K:- 6H+K is a 15 frame high that leads into Dragon Stance. This stuns puts your opponent into a must hold situation it also can be used to extend combos.

:3::H+K:- 3H+K is a low crush that is -3 on block.

:4::H+K:- 4H+K is a low crush that leaves Honoka +2/+3

:2::H+K:- 2H+K can crush mid wake up kicks it also leaves Honoka +1 on block.

:8_::H+K:- 8H+K crushes low and some mid attacks. It leaves Honoka +3 on block.

:236::H+K:- 236H+K is by far Honoka's best guard break. The only problem with it is that it takes awhile for the move to come out so your opponent can hit you out of it. A good time to do this move would be after 6T. If this move connects your next move is guaranteed.

:F: - A neutral throw coming out at 5i, throw breakable.

:6::F: - A punish throw coming out at 7i. This throw leaves Honoka's +7. It forces your opponent too respect your options. She can also 6T next to a wall by doing this your opponent cannot wake up with wall kicks.

:4_::F: - Is a 10 frame throw also has a wall variation if her back is facing the wall.

:3::3::F: - Is a 12 frame throw. This is her strongest non stance throw, It also has a wall throw variation.

:2::F: - A 5i low throw.

Hissatsu-no-Kamae
:F: :5::8::F: - On high counter this does 112. You can also combo after Hissatsu-no-Kamae :F:

:2::F: - On high counter it does 108

Back Turned

This is going to be all of Honoka's BT moves.

:P: - BT P is a 12frames that is -2 on block its the only thing that isn't stagger escapable.

:P::P: - BT PP is -3 on block ,If Honoka hits the opponent she will go into Hissatsu-no-Kamae allowing her to
grab or mix up.

:4::P: - BT 4P is a 15frame mid punch that is -8 on block.

:4::P::P: - BT 4PP is decent relaunch after 4P+K. It -9 on block.

:2::P: - BT 2P is -2 on hit and it is 15 frames.

:K: - BT K is Honoka's best BT relaunch. It allows for massive damage. Thought it should never be done on block as it is -10.

:4::K: - BT 4K is a 16 frame launch that shouldn't be done on block. It is a decent BT launch.

:2::K: - BT 2K is a 20 frame low. Unless you have your opponent in a stun or their lost in your mix up i wouldn't recommend doing this move

:P+K: - BT P+K is mainly used for combo enders. This is a quick move which comes out at 15 frames it also does good damage and it is -7 on block.

:4::P+K: - BT 4P+K is probably one of Honoka's best BT moves due to the fact that it is -3 on block and it covers a good amount of range. The only thing that cannot be stagger escaped after this move is BT P.

Stances
Ducking:zack:
:P::P::2:,
:4::K::2:
-Options in Ducking-
-:P:-15 frame mid P and in a stun its a crumble stun.
-:P::P: - Ducking PP is two mid punches that lead into Hissatsu-no-Kamae.
-:K: - Is a 19 frame Mid kick launch.
-:P+K: - Ducking P+K is a 12 frame high launch.
Bokuho:helena:
:P::P::2::K:
:214::P+K:
:8::K:
-Options in Bokuho-
-BKO- :P::P: - PP is a 12 frame mid that goes into Hissatsu-no-Kamae.
-BKO- :P::P::P:- This string leaves Honoka -5 but is all mid so it can be held.
-BKO- :4::P: - BKO 4P is a 14frame mid that puts Honoka in BT.
-BKO- :4::P::K: - Is a launch in BKO that allows Honoka to get high damage.
-BKO- :K: - BKO K is a 12 frame high that leads into Dokuritsu-Ho

Dokuritsu-Ho :bradwong:
:3::K:
-Bokuho :K:
-Options in Dokuritsu-Ho-
:4::K::5::P+K::P::P: - This cannot be slow escaped and it puts your opponent in a must hold situation. This also puts Honoka in Hissatsu-no-Kamae.
:4::K::5::P+K::K: - This option can be slow escaped and held.
:P+K: - P+K in Dokiritsu-Ho leaves Honoka BT and on block it is -8. It is a great relaunch in combos sadly it does relaunch after a soft wall splats(Ex.PPK>Doku-P+K)
Bending:rig:
:3::K:

Bokuho :K:
-Options while in bending-
:P: - Bending P is Mid P that puts your opponent in a sit down stun. 1P, 66P, 236P,4K and 33K are all guaranteed.
:K: - Bending K is a mid kick that crushes low wake up kicks. It also is a good launcher.
:H+K: - A high tracking move, It goes into Hissatsu-no-Kamae.

Dragon Stance:jannlee:
:P::P::P:
:6::H+K:
-Options while in Dragon Stance-
-DS :P: - A 9i frame high that leads too Hissatsu-no-Kamae.
-DS :K: - DS K is a deep stun that allows you fully exploit.
-DS :P+K: - DS P+K is good for baiting holds and it puts you in Hissatsu-no-Kamae. This also puts you opponent in a must hold situation because the K in Hissatsu-no-Kamae cannot be stagger escaped.
-DS :4::P::P::4: - This can be canceled and at stun level 3 you can extended combos with this string.
-DS :4::P::P::P: - A 16frame natural combo.

:La Mariposa:Running:lisa:

:6::6::K:
-Options while in Running-
:P: - Running P leaves Honoka neutral, I sugguest using P or 6P for you follow up.
:K:- Running K leaves Honoka -4, it is also a low crush.
:P+K: - Running P+K is a force tech it is also -2
:H+K: - Running H+K is a slip stun and a force tech, it is -16 on block
:F: - The throw out of running is a 10 frame it also wall splats meaning it can interact with the stage.
Heichu:kokoro:
:8::P:
:6::6::P+K:
-Options while in Heichu-
:P: - A high punch while in Heichu, its good for baiting holds.
:K: - A low kick out of Heichu, all follow ups can be stagger escaped.
:P+K: - This is a good guard break that leaves Honoka +6 it also is good to do after a bound.

Hissatsu-no-Kamae:honoka:
There are many ways to get into Hissatsu-no-Kamae. Look above to find out how!
-Options while in Hissatsu-no-Kamae-
:[P]: - This is Honoka's second CB. This puts your opponent in a must hold situation and it is -6 on block. This move can also be charged, allowing you to bait out a hold than release P.
:K: - This is a launching mid K, This move come out at 16 frames and is a good launch.
Hissatsu-no-Kamae :F::8::F: - This is a 10frame throw. This throw should be used to keep your opponent in check. It does 112 damage and it is easy to pull off.
Hissatsu-no-Kamae:2::F: - This is a good for those people who like to low hold out of a stun .108 damage and leaves her neutral if you opponent techs.

Frame Advantage
(*Thanks to @KING JAIMY :momiji: we have all of Honoka's frame advantage and moves that are safe on block in numerical order)

236H+K --> +23 or +24 depending on distance

4PPP (Full Charge) --> +19

1P+K (Full Charge) --> +15

7P --> +13 or +14 depending on distance

236P+K --> +11

66K(6) --> +6

HEI P+K --> +6

P+KPP (Full Charge) --> +3

8H+K --> +3

4H+K --> +2 or +3 depending on distance

4K2 --> +2

9PPKK --> +1/+2

PPPK --> +1

214P+K --> +1

2H+K --> +1

46P --> 0/+5
Safe On Block

While running P --> +0

3H+K --> +0 to -4 depending on distance

4K --> +2/-1

P --> -2

9PPKP --> -2

H+K --> -2

SS K --> -2

While running P+K --> -2

BT P --> -2

BT PP --> -3

BT 4P+K --> -3

HEI P --> -3

2P --> -4

2P+K4(6P) --> -4

While running K --> -4

3PPP --> -5

9K --> -5

BT 2P --> -5

BKO PPP --> -5

BKO 4P --> -5

DHO P --> -5

Tracking
:H+K:

:4::P::P::P: (The whole string tracks)

:1::P:

:1::K::K: (The whole string tracks)

:9::P::P::K::P: (The last P tracks)

:9::P::P::K::K: (The last K tracks)

:2::K::K::K: (Whole string tracks)

Option after 6T
Non of these options are guaranteed but there still great for mix up. I will put :6::F: than said move.

:6::F:,:P::P: - Her PP is a natural combo and it will out at 3Frames.

:6::F:, :6::F: - This allows for constant frame advantage. Beware as this can be ducked or jabbed out of.

:6::F:,:4_::P: - Since 6T is +7 it makes this move come out at 8 frames. Also the whole string tracks.

:6::F:,:6::K: - Since you get +7 your 6K will come out at 5 frames it. You also have to 2K options.

:6::F:,:1::P: - Low tracking that has I a decent stun.

:6::F:, :H+K: - This move is tracking and it is safe at -2.

Slip Stuns
*Ill be putting the advantage below

:1_::P: - Ice +27/ +38 Water

:P::P::2::K: - Ice +30/ +41 Water

:2::K: - Ice +26/ +37 Water

:1::K: - Ice +18/ +31 Water

Running :H+K: - Ice +21/ +32 Water

:2::H+K: - Ice +5/ Water +32

:F+P+K: :2_::F+P+K: - Ice -13/ Water -2

Force Techs

:1::K:

:3::H+K:

:7::[p+k]:

:2::H+K:

Bending :K:

:6::K::2::K:

Running :H+K:

:236::P+K:

Want more Honoka? :honoka:

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/im-giving-this-all-i-got-honoka-combo-thread.5344/

Not to be annoying but at pros you have, decent tracking and under there it says good tracking.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD