Characters The Throw Punish Megathread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The cast list is now complete (refer to Page 1, post #2 of the thread). From here on, it comes down to filling the gaps like Rig's list and the lists which are a bit incomplete in the strike punishment department. Those will hopefully not take long.

I've noticed that the first page can slow down some browsers due too all the information. @Mr. Wah, @CyberEvil, any suggestions on what can be done with the finalized list? Can we have something similar to the wiki for individual character lists or do you have better suggestions?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
A note about Hayate's 7K. You can do all throw punishments, yes, but for immediate punishment after the blocked 7K you can do all lows and standing i12 to Alpha's 236236T as well as up to Raidou's insane OH (only deals 5 less than his Underworld Drop) as an immediate reaction. Standing i4 to i11 is too fast for immediate punishment.

Also, when Rig goes into Bending without doing followups (going into Flamingo) he is throw punishable by neutral throws. Hard as hell to read but doable.

That Bayman BT Leon combo from Bayman 7K could also be 7P 214P To Air Throw for more damage.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
A note about Hayate's 7K. You can do all throw punishments, yes, but for immediate punishment after the blocked 7K you can do all lows and standing i12 to Alpha's 236236T as well as up to Raidou's insane OH (only deals 5 less than his Underworld Drop) as an immediate reaction. Standing i4 to i11 is too fast for immediate punishment.
I thought that wasn't the case with most flip kicks since I always delayed my standing throws for punishing those (TFBB), but I'll make a note of that in Hayate's section.

Also, when Rig goes into Bending without doing followups (going into Flamingo) he is throw punishable by neutral throws. Hard as hell to read but doable.
Yeah, I forgot to make a note of that for neutral throws, but I guess that would interest a lot of people.

That Bayman BT Leon combo from Bayman 7K could also be 7P 214P To Air Throw for more damage.
Yeah, I actually cut that section since I don't see a lot of people wanting to come up with combos for their characters. 7P on BT is pretty cool though. If more people show interest, I'll bring it up again.

Darkslay

Here are the ways i found to punish Bayman's :7::K:, sorry it took a while.

:jannlee:: :6::K: :7::K: :6::P::P: :6::P::K: = 71 DMG, :6::K: :K::4::K::P: = 73 DMG.
:jacky:: :3::K: :2::P+K: :3::3::P: :P+K::P: :1::P+K::P::K: = 78 DMG, :3::K: :3::3::P: :6_::K::H*: :P+K::P: :7::K: = 75 DMG.
:ein:: :6::6::P: :1::K::6::P: :6::6::P::K: = 66 DMG and also opens up his ground game, cool setup. :6::6::P: :1::K::6::P: :1::K::6::P::K: = 69 DMG.
:rig:: :6::K::K::4: TLC :P: :4::P: :3::3::K: :K::K::4: TLC :K::K: :8::K::K: = 93 DMG, :6::K::K::4: TLC :P: :4::P: :3::3::K: :K::4::K::K: BS :K::K::6::K: = 94 DMG.
:hayabusa:: :3::P: :4::K: Ongyoin :K: :3_::4::K::K: = 69 DMG, :3::P: :4::K: Ongyoin :K: :P::P::K::K::P: = 76 DMG.
:cyborg:: :6::2::3::P: (X2) :236::P: = 59 DMG, :3::3::K: :6::2::3::P: (X2) :7::K: = 72 DMG.
:bayman:: :K::K: :2::T: = 78 DMG, :9::K: :3::K::3::P+K::T: = 82 DMG.

Also while reading through Jann Lee's info i noticed you mentioned Dragon Stance :6::P+K: is sidestepable, this is actually false, every option from DS can be sidestepped, it just requires precise timing.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Here are the ways i found to punish Bayman's :7::K:, sorry it took a while.

:jannlee:: :6::K: :7::K: :6::P::P: :6::P::K: = 71 DMG, :6::K: :K::4::K::P: = 73 DMG.
:jacky:: :3::K: :2::P+K: :3::3::P: :P+K::P: :1::P+K::P::K: = 78 DMG, :3::K: :3::3::P: :6_::K::H*: :P+K::P: :7::K: = 75 DMG.
:ein:: :6::6::P: :1::K::6::P: :6::6::P::K: = 66 DMG and also opens up his ground game, cool setup. :6::6::P: :1::K::6::P: :1::K::6::P::K: = 69 DMG.
:rig:: :6::K::K::4: TLC :P: :4::P: :3::3::K: :K::K::4: TLC :K::K: :8::K::K: = 93 DMG, :6::K::K::4: TLC :P: :4::P: :3::3::K: :K::4::K::K: BS :K::K::6::K: = 94 DMG.
:hayabusa:: :3::P: :4::K: Ongyoin :K: :3_::4::K::K: = 69 DMG, :3::P: :4::K: Ongyoin :K: :P::P::K::K::P: = 76 DMG.
:cyborg:: :6::2::3::P: (X2) :236::P: = 59 DMG, :3::3::K: :6::2::3::P: (X2) :7::K: = 72 DMG.
:bayman:: :K::K: :2::H+P: = 78 DMG, :9::K: :3::K::3::P+K::H+P: = 82 DMG.

Also while reading through Jann Lee's info i noticed you mentioned Dragon Stance :6::P+K: is sidestepable, this is actually false, every option from DS can be sidestepped, it just requires precise timing.

Thanks for this. Are these guaranteed on fastest stagger and holds? I can't test these for a while.

Also, I decided to advice against stepping :6::P::+::K: since it's already -21 and you can get all kinds of punishment anyway. I think it's more risky to attempt to sidestep than to just stand blocking and punish the more instead, so that's my reasoning for that. It's still good to sidestep his DS options, but in the bigger meta game where all of his move from the stance are negative, all characters will have a chance to regain their momentum in some way.

Darkslay

Thanks for this. Are these guaranteed on fastest stagger and holds? I can't test these for a while.

Also, I decided to advice against stepping :6::P::+::K: since it's already -21 and you can get all kinds of punishment anyway. I think it's more risky to attempt to sidestep than to just stand blocking and punish the more instead, so that's my reasoning for that. It's still good to sidestep his DS options, but in the bigger meta game where all of his move from the stance are negative, all characters will have a chance to regain their momentum in some way.
:jannlee:'s :6::K: :7::K: can be staggered so that it launches the opponent facing forward, :7::K: is still guaranteed though.
:jacky:'s :3::K: :2::P+K: can be staggered, :2::P+K: is still guaranteed.
:ein:'s :6::6::P: :1::K::6::P: can be staggered, :1::K: is still guaranteed.

The rest are all guaranteed.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
:jannlee:'s :6::K: :7::K: can be staggered so that it launches the opponent facing forward, :7::K: is still guaranteed though.
:jacky:'s :3::K: :2::P+K: can be staggered, :2::P+K: is still guaranteed.
:ein:'s :6::6::P: :1::K::6::P: can be staggered, :1::K: is still guaranteed.

The rest are all guaranteed.

Coolio. I'll have to remove these unfortunately since stagger escaping is easy enough that doesn't seem guaranteed on a human opponent.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The entire list is now revised and corrected. Some information may still include small errors but those can be found with your help. If you notice any errors or inconsistencies or wish to make further contributions to finding new punishment methods, please do so and point them out. Other sections like BT combos against Bayman are just too much for one person to finish and @Darkslay was kind to give some of his own combos based on testing, but I'm not going to finish that particular section.

Lulu

So..... I believe theres one more thing that needs to be done.

Sticky the thread to page 1..... if its not too much trouble.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'll try to compile the naotora list using the pc version but don't expect it any time soon.

If someone can take some time testing with a few characters, that would be great and save a lot of time.

RenderingStar

I'll try to compile the naotora list using the pc version but don't expect it any time soon.

If someone can take some time testing with a few characters, that would be great and save a lot of time.
I'll attempt to help you! What should I be doing to find the information? Just punish like I usually do or is there another method

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'll attempt to help you! What should I be doing to find the information? Just punish like I usually do or is there another method

You can refer to the Japanese frame data from Blue Violet. IMO it is one of the most reliable sources and I've been using their wiki for as long as they've been around.

http://blueviolet.ninja-web.net/game/doa5lr/per/naotora2.htm

You can follow the order and just test it any character you wish since I don't think she has many unique punish situations. Record moves and follow it up with a jab and see if you can punish the dummy afterwards. That's generally the best way of checking the punishment of a certain move. It's not hard, just slightly time consuming if you want something accurate.

My best recommendation is to test with one grappler (:tina:, :bass:, :lisa: & :hayabusa: except for his tier-3 and low throws) and one non-grappler (everyone else except for :bradwong: since he has no regular tier 3 throws).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD