The Uncharted Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think it's time that we also have an Uncharted thread since it's just about one more month until Sony's right now most applauded and most awaited exclusive series finds it's way to the PS4 in apparantly it's final rendition: Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End.
Today a preview embargo was lifted and brand new gameplay footage from the game's Madagascar level has been released by several gaming sites that got their hands on the game. Here are some images and an extensive gameplay video of what is waiting for us:

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-31384-2995_0001.jpg

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-31384-2995_0002.jpg

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-31384-2995_0005.jpg

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-31384-2995_0003.jpg

Gamersyde's 16 minutes long uncompressed gameplay video, have a look:
http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end_full_commented_demo_hq_en_-37024_en.html

The game is bigger and more open than ever before and it looks more amazing than any other video game in it's category that I have ever seen. O: Imho even more amazing than Rise of the Tombraider on PC. See, what the PS4 with some dedicated optimization can really do? ;)

What do you guys think? Are you also going to get it? :)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I just hope they don't kill drake off seeing the title the name " A thiefs end" but i'll get it as soon as i finish beating uncharted 1 2 and 3 on the Nathan Drake collection

Well, it is the last part of the series and they just confirmed that the game is going to have a divisive end:

"Uncharted 4: A Thief's End – announced to be the final installment of Nathan Drake's adventures – is now finished and in final code, which means creative director Neil 'Curly Dragon' Druckmann has started getting feedback about what people think of the end of the game."

"I think people will discuss the ending. If focus tests are anything to go by, there will be some arguments about the ending," he told IGN during a recent A Thief's End gameplay event. "I'm excited. Indifference would be the worst thing. I would rather have people hate it than be indifferent to it. We'll see how they react."

But there's also Nate's brother who can be considered a thief...or even Sully... :/ Also the title is so obvious that they might try to trick us with the real meaning of it all.

Also, dat lighting and reflecting:

ClearSlipperyDunlin.gif

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not reading anything in here because I'm avoiding knowing much on purpose. I love this franchise though and I can't wait to play A Thief's End.

Jadeinchains

I think it's time that we also have an Uncharted thread since it's just about one more month until Sony's right now most applauded and most awaited exclusive series finds it's way to the PS4 in apparantly it's final rendition: Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End.
Today a preview embargo was lifted and brand new gameplay footage from the game's Madagascar level has been released by several gaming sites that got their hands on the game. Here are some images and an extensive gameplay video of what is waiting for us:

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-31384-2995_0001.jpg

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-31384-2995_0002.jpg

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-31384-2995_0005.jpg

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-31384-2995_0003.jpg

Gamersyde's 16 minutes long uncompressed gameplay video, have a look:
http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end_full_commented_demo_hq_en_-37024_en.html

The game is bigger and more open than ever before and it looks more amazing than any other video game in it's category that I have ever seen. O: Imho even more amazing than Rise of the Tombraider on PC. See, what the PS4 with some dedicated optimization can really do? ;)

What do you guys think? Are you also going to get it? :)

This game looks amazing! I'm hoping it has the same sort of gameplay as tomb raider including the collectable relics. I haven't seen much from the past games though so I don't know much about the series besides it having insane action sequences!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This game looks amazing! I'm hoping it has the same sort of gameplay as tomb raider including the collectable relics. I haven't seen much from the past games though so I don't know much about the series besides it having insane action sequences!

If you would have watched the new gameplay closely you would have noticed that there are several caves or ruins in the Madagascar level where hidden treasures and collectibles were to be found. ;)

My question is, what do you do with these? Can you sell them and buy stuff like upgrades in the game? Like in Resident Evil 4 with the merchant. God, I loved that game and the merchant! XD "What're ya buyin?"

I have another question: Can I later comfortably select each area/level to play it again after I finished said area/level? :)

Jadeinchains

If you would have watched the new gameplay closely you would have noticed that there are several caves or ruins in the Madagascar level where hidden treasures and collectibles were to be found. ;)

My question is, what do you do with these? Can you sell them and buy stuff like upgrades in the game? Like in Resident Evil 4 with the merchant. God, I loved that game and the merchant! XD "What're ya buyin?"

I have another question: Can I later comfortably select each area/level to play it again after I finished said area/level? :)

Lol, Yeah I'm bad at skiping through videos a lot!

I'm not sure about uncharted 4 but in tomb raider relics and documents are not sellable they are just to collect and expand on the lore. So I'm expecting it to just work like that. Also in tomb raider there isn't a level select but there could be in this.

PS: Same I love RE4 so much!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm not sure about uncharted 4 but in tomb raider relics and documents are not sellable they are just to collect and expand on the lore. So I'm expecting it to just work like that. Also in tomb raider there isn't a level select but there could be in this.

PS: Same I love RE4 so much!

RE4 will come as an HD port to PS4 later this year. :D You have probably heard about that, right? I'm totally buying it...again (3rd time!). It will be 19.99€. Hopefully they'll polish the textures a bit...

Oh, that would be shitty if I want to revisit a certain level or chapter in Uncharted 4 and I would have to play through the whole game before to reach it again. >__<
@CyberEvil is there such a mechanic that one can replay single levels/chapters after completing them?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
RE4 will come as an HD port to PS4 later this year. :D You have probably heard about that, right? I'm totally buying it...again (3rd time!). It will be 19.99€. Hopefully they'll polish the textures a bit...

Oh, that would be shitty if I want to revisit a certain level or chapter in Uncharted 4 and I would have to play through the whole game before to reach it again. >__<
@CyberEvil is there such a mechanic that one can replay single levels/chapters after completing them?
In the older ones there was yeah.

Jadeinchains

I've bought re4 to many times already so I'll pass this time. And yeah I wonder if it probably has better textures since I think its taking stuff from the PC port.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Some in-game environment shots of Uncharted 4 have surfaced. They are screencapped so they are a bit blurry...but damn do they look gorgeous:

Uncharted4-7.jpg

Uncharted4-19.jpg

Uncharted4-2.jpg

Uncharted4-12.jpg

Uncharted4-8.jpg

Uncharted4-13.jpg

This even tops The Order 1886, which I thought was near impossible most of all for a game that runs at full 1080p (The Order ran at full HD too, but didn't have to render the black bars) and with far bigger environments like the Madagascar or Market Place level for example.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Uh-oh! O: The official art book of Uncharted 4 has been delivered much too early to some:

DZ5DM3c.jpg

o9eYeYL.jpg

Which means the internet will soon be full of spoilers...

Jadeinchains

Is that yours or just someone's else's either way someone somewhere messed up! So long as no one posts spoilers here I'll be fine and won't see them.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Is that yours or jusat someone's else's either way someone somewhere messed up! So long as no one posts spoilers here I'll be fine and won't see them.

Lol, I wish that was mine... XD

By the way...I am still considering which version of the game to order... :/
There are a couple of editions and their prices aren't even that far from each other. I'm torn between just the regular version, which I can preorder
at my local game shop of choice, where I get preordered games always a couple of days before release. Which is a big deal to me! There's nothing I hate more than waiting for a game and seeing other people already playing it. D:

And then there's the cool Special Edition for just 10€ more but with a pretty comic style steelbook, a mini version of the art book and some bonus DLC, which is imho a good deal:

91pLLZu80mL._SL1500_.jpg

Unfortunately I can't preorder this version at said game shop. :/ Oh, what to do? >__<' Fancy extras or getting the game early...

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Lol, I wish that was mine... XD

By the way...I am still considering which version of the game to order... :/
There are a couple of editions and their prices aren't even that far from each other. I'm torn between just the regular version, which I can preorder
at my local game shop of choice, where I get preordered games always a couple of days before release. Which is a big deal to me! There's nothing I hate more than waiting for a game and seeing other people already playing it. D:

And there's the cool Special Edition for just 10€ more but with a pretty comic style steelbook, a mini version of the art book and some bonus DLC, which is imho a good deal:

91pLLZu80mL._SL1500_.jpg

Unfortunately I can't preorder this version at said game shop. :/ Oh, what to do? >__<' Fancy extras or gatting the game early...

Hmm I'm not sure what you could do because I have to say I'm okay for pretty much every game by just getting the standard copy. However if this is a game that your seriously invested in especially art wise then I'd get the one with the art book etc and just wait the extra days being careful to not see spoilers.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Nuuuh, I think I get the normal version and when I play the game and love the art (which I very, very likely will! XD) I'll buy the real art book on Amazon. It's not that expensive for 35€.

Oh, I hope with this being the last Uncharted the final ruins will blow us away and even top last game's ancient city. I'm hoping for the one and only Atlantis being explorable. ;)

Jadeinchains

If this is the last uncharted game I wonder what they will move onto next? I guess they could be working on a sequel to "The last of us"?

I know practically nothing about this series so it's going to be a surprise whatever happens.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If this is the last uncharted game I wonder what they will move onto next? I guess they could be working on a sequel to "The last of us"?

I know practically nothing about this series so it's going to be a surprise whatever happens.

There's a pretty strong rumor about The Last of Us 2... Pretty sure they are already working on it. I never played the original game but I watched a complete let's play on Youtube. Great game with a great story and it's sooo good looking. If the rumored second game is a little more open world, I'll get it for sure.

Jadeinchains

Same, I just watched a let's play of its story on YouTube since its got a linear storyline anyway and its story was very good although the ending wasn't my favourite... I'd be very interested in a sequel even if it was different characters just set in the same world.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD