The Uncharted Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

Uncharted could still work, as long as they keep things fresh.

Nathan Drake doesn't need to be in future games as long as we have Chloe, Cutter and Nadine. Maybe it shouldn't last as long as Tomb Raider has but Uncharted definitely could still work for atlesst a few more titles.

Jadeinchains

Okay so I finally got uncharted 4. :p I haven't completed it or anything yet so no spoilers please. :<

I've stopped playing for tonight cause otherwise I'd stay up all night and have it completed way to soon and I want to chill out and go at an okay pace. I've just arrived in Scotland. :D I can't personally recognize what area it is besides obviously the highlands. There's a mountain in the background so maybe its Ben Nevis or something?

I'm enjoy the story so far, it managed to hook me very quickly with the characters too. I like the main cast and like I said in the other thread I really like Nadine! And seriously the graphics are amazing! Even when you slide down hills a mini landslide trails behind you. I'm not sure when I'll be done but I'm not trying to go too fast or too slow either.

Also I'm already excited for this expansion! And we might see something from it this E3 which is only in a few days! Maybe I'll be done by then maybe not who knows?

UpSideDownGRUNT

Lost Legacy is more like a mini stand alone Uncharted than an Expansion, it also has nothing to do with Uncharted 4 except Nadine's adventure post UC4.

I'm pretty sure the real seller is Chloe and a PLAYABLE Chloe in a single player campaign... She's definitely my favourite Uncharted character and super stoked that she has her own game. Was kinda disappointed when she wasn't in 4, hopefully well see some Cutter too I need more sophisticated skinhead goons in my life.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay so I finally got uncharted 4. :p I haven't completed it or anything yet so no spoilers please. :<

I've stopped playing for tonight cause otherwise I'd stay up all night and have it completed way to soon and I want to chill out and go at an okay pace. I've just arrived in Scotland. :D I can't personally recognize what area it is besides obviously the highlands. There's a mountain in the background so maybe its Ben Nevis or something?

I'm enjoy the story so far, it managed to hook me very quickly with the characters too. I like the main cast and like I said in the other thread I really like Nadine! And seriously the graphics are amazing! Even when you slide down hills a mini landslide trails behind you. I'm not sure when I'll be done but I'm not trying to go too fast or too slow either.

Also I'm already excited for this expansion! And we might see something from it this E3 which is only in a few days! Maybe I'll be done by then maybe not who knows?

Yes, take your time. :) Cherish the beauty this game is. When you just arrived in Scotland you have the most amazing stuff still in front of you. :)

I didn't play any of the other Uncharted games (you really don't need to) and still I fell in love with the characters. Nate and Elena's relationship and the relationship of Nate with his brother are so well explained and acted out. And, yes, the adversaries in this game are also great. Rafe is such and asshole and Nadine is a badass. It's great that she will be back and probably even playable in The Lost Legacy.

What you could do in the meantime though, while not trying to play the game, is watch the game movies of the other parts on Youtube. To learn a little more about Nate, Sully and Elena and their former adventures and also about Chloe, who will star in the Lost Legacy next to Nadine:

Since the games are so cinematic it's really like watching movies. XD

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

You can also get the Nathan Drake Collection pretty cheap now too though, if you feel like actually playing them.

The Collection is also the best way to play the original games too since they added stiff that weren't in some of the other games. (Like cheats and skins in Uncharted 3)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I played the Nathan Drake Collection demo and didn't like it. Felt a lot slower, clunkier and unresponsive than Uncharted 4. I'm also glad they toned gun battles down from the other games and stealth as well as exploration up.

Jadeinchains

Lol okay I actually played it a bit more cause I can't help myself! :p

For the Nathan drake collection or previous games in general I don't really mind not playing them tbh, I played the demo of the collection and like tyaren didn't like the feeling of the controls. I might watch there stories though in those videos you posted @Tyaren! I don't think I'll play them though honestly.

Jadeinchains

Really? They felt really stiff oh well anyway which one of the three is the not so great one?

@Tyaren isn't that new expansion with Chloe and Nadine also being released as a completely separate game? It must be a very big expansion for it to warrant that!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Tyaren isn't that new expansion with Chloe and Nadine also being released as a completely separate game? It must be a very big expansion for it to warrant that!

Yes, it is released as a stand alone game. It will cost 39$/€. It will be considerably shorter than Uncharted 4, but it will be about as long as the first Uncharted games. If I had to guess, maybe about 10 hours long. But that's just a wild guess.

Edit: A good wild guess:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-could-be-over-10-hours-l/1100-6449262/

Jadeinchains

Yes, it is released as a stand alone game. It will cost 39$/€. It will be considerably shorter than Uncharted 4, but it will be about as long as the first Uncharted games. If I had to guess, maybe about 10 hours long. But that's just a wild guess.

Edit: A good wild guess:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-could-be-over-10-hours-l/1100-6449262/

Lol well I hope if I get it in expansion form it isn't £40! I got the game itself for only £15. Still I'm excited to see and hopefully play as Nadine. I hope there's lots of random funny dialogue between the characters. I guess If they're selling it as it's own game then it will have extras and bonus' then. I hope we see something at E3.

Also I loved when Nate and E played Crash Bandicoot together. That was really cool. Also I liked the moments like when your at the orphanage and under the water at the beginning of the game and it seems like you'd be in the middle of nowhere and then you realize your actually in the middle of a city.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Lol well I hope if I get it in expansion form it isn't £40! I got the game itself for only £15. Still I'm excited to see and hopefully play as Nadine. I hope there's lots of random funny dialogue between the characters. I guess If they're selling it as it's own game then it will have extras and bonus' then. I hope we see something at E3.

Also I loved when Nate and E played Crash Bandicoot together. That was really cool. Also I liked the moments like when your at the orphanage and under the water at the beginning of the game and it seems like you'd be in the middle of nowhere and then you realize your actually in the middle of a city.
As I mentioned before, you shouldn't see it as an expansion because it isn't. It WAS originally meant to be, but, it was turned into it's own standalone game.

I see Lost legacy as a brand new spin off rather than a DLC campaign/expansion, that imo warrants the price tag.
http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4UN09-uncharted-the-lost-legacy
BTW this site I use is selling Lost legacy for £24.85

Jadeinchains

Okay so... I've completed the game. ( I see you getting ready to say "already! You only got it yesterday!" ) well yeah lol, you can't blame me though! :< I couldn't put the game down, it was too good. Also there's actually a speed run trophy for completing the game in under 6 hours so compared to that I think I did okay.

Anyway in a second I'm going to go into super spoilers but I'll put them in spoilers in case someone hasn't completed the game and comes into this thread. But first I'll just say thanks Tyaren and ChapStick lol. You've been suggesting this game since before it came out and I was the on and off about getting it but I'm happy I did. It was incredible.

It had that really tomb raider type gameplay about it and I loved it in tomb raider and I love it here too. And obviously the characters and graphics were great too.

Anyway going into spoilers now cause I have something(s) to say. :p

Okay first of all that ending was great! Lol at Nadine just leaving after getting sick of everyone involved. ( can't wait to see more from her in the new game ) also if I'm being honest lol when she started kicking Nate and Sam's asses on the island I just sat there watching her beat up Sam saying "yes queen, beat his ass"... And then Sam died and I had to start the fight again. :p after that though I defeated her.

Also I'm happy everyone made it out okay, for a second there I was worried that Nate or Sam were going to die. That cutlass fight at the end was great.

Anyway onto the big reveal! :eek: I was smiling so much when it panned from crash bandicoot to the girl cause I just knew it meant that Nate and E had had a daughter! They don't go to in depth to it but I'm guessing about 15 years have past since the events of uncharted 4 at this point? Also she has a dog. :p

Then there's the fact that she seems to be pretty famous for discoveries herself already based on the newspapers. It also makes me wonder if this new game takes place right after uncharted 4 or after the epilogue? ( also when your Cassie you find a brochure for India and she says she's going there! )

So with that it seems Nathan has retired but now that his daughter has discovered his secret they could maybe do sequels with her?

Anyway I'm so excited for the new game with Chloe and Nadine now! I hope there's a reveal this E3!

Jadeinchains

So I guess this video should go in here since its the latest trailer for The Lost Legacy.

The trailer was one of the main highlights of Sony's conference for me along with Horizon's dlc. It looks really good so far and the idea that the game has more exploration sounds good.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The Lost Legacy has gone gold! :)

"We're proud to announce that Uncharted: The Lost Legacy has gone gold! We can't wait to get it into your hands, beginning August 22."
https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/888050988464173056

JpU3TnK.gif

Soon...

Tyaren

Standard Donor

I feel The Lost Legacy is pretty low on most people's radars. You would think there would be a little more hype for an Uncharted that is coming out in just 4 weeks. Especially after UC4 critical acclaim and success.
I guess, it is because many still think this is just a DLC episode or expansion. Nope, it started out that way but it has turned into a complete game, about as long as the earlier Uncharteds and in production quality and value it will be equal to Uncharted 4. :)

UpSideDownGRUNT

A lot of it is also because there's very vocal Nathan Drake fanboys that don't wanna play it cuz it isn't Uncharted without Drake.

Which I could understand if it was Tomb Raider or something, but Uncharted actually benefits from dropping Drake after 4 there's so much they can and will explore.

I just hope they don't go with an Adult Cassie that'd be weird.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Christmas came early today and brought us previews of Uncharted Lost Legacy! :D

Here's 13 minutes of gameplay in a sweet open environment:

And here's the Easy Allies preview:

Impressions from this and other previews:

- The Lost Legacy has several environments that are the biggest and most open (gameplay-wise) in Uncharted history.
- Treasures now mean something. They can be sold at a nearby outpost or used for character buffs.
- It is exploration focused.
- There is at least one side quest in the game.
- Lost Legacy is puzzle heavy.
- Lockpicking is a new skill.
- You play Chloe this time, while Nadine will be your partner in crime.
- Combat feels mostly the same, it's a bit more stealth focused.
- The character quibs are better and snarkier than ever, because of the characters' interesting dynamic.
- This is a full, stand alone Uncharted with a 10+ hours main campaign.

OMG, this sounds all so perfect. Exactly what I would have wanted. I am literally salivating here.

salivating.gif

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Christmas came early today and brought us previews of Uncharted Lost Legacy! :D

Here's 13 minutes of gameplay in a sweet open environment:

And here's the Easy Allies preview:

Impressions from this and other previews:

- The Lost Legacy has several environments that are the biggest and most open (gameplay-wise) in Uncharted history.
- Treasures now mean something. They can be sold at a nearby outpost or used for character buffs.
- There is at least one side quest in the game.
- Lost Legacy is puzzle heavy.
- Lockpicking is a new skill.
- You play Chloe this time, while Nadine will be your partner in crime.
- Combat feels mostly the same, it's a bit more stealth focused.
- The character quibs are better and snarkier than ever.
- This is a full, stand alone Uncharted with a 10+ hours main campaign.

OMG, this sounds all so perfect. Exactly what I would have wanted. I am literally salivating here.

salivating.gif

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that it will have a 10+ campaign. Okay It's settled it's it's completely own game and not just a dlc for Uncharted 4! Bye Snarky douche Nathan Drake and hello Snarky british accent Chloe! :p ( Is she British? I guess she is since she sounds it or Australian. ) Either way I'm so much more excited to see Chloe and Nadine's adventures instead of Nathans. Also I'm excited for the multiple areas that are the largest. :eek: And I like puzzles so I'm okay with that.

Edit: Looked it up and she's Indian ( knew that part ) and Australian.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD