The Witcher Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I completely overlooked there actually was a cool little video released with the image as well:

Lol:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Guyz...it's finally close...the promised PS4 Pro patch for the Witcher 3!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In a new CD Projekt RED presentation it was stated:

"- Witcher 3 - 4k patch coming to consoles in a few days"
http://www.bankier.pl/static/att/emitent/2017-09/2017_PSr_spraw_zarzadu_201709060012452035.pdf

Weird wording, because the PS4 Pro is the only 4K able console out right now and the Xbox One X releases in November. So let's hope with a few days they actually meant in a few days and not in a few months, lol.

Now please don't fuck up the downsampling part, alright? If there is no downsampling for 1080p TVs for some weird reason I'm going berserk. D:

@Chapstick, @ShinobiGuy

Tyaren

Standard Donor
467bl.gif

So many games, so little time. But gotta try this out.

Haven't tried it out yet, but people over on Neogaf say it is a big improvement. It's a lot more clearer, cleaner and detailed. Just because of the 4 times resolution bump. Textures and texture filtering have increased for that reason as well. :D

@Chapstick
Now you gotta play it! :D

ShinobiGuy

I'm really tempted to replay on new game +. Just wish they didn't fix the leveling bug. Though I ended it at level 70 or so.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So I have been playing the game for the last couple of days again...and it is just as good as before. Almost three years after its release it still kicks all other Western RPGs (The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and even Horizon Zero Dawn) butts. :)

Here's a cool, lengthy and in-depth analysis of the game and what makes it so great. Enjoy:

@Jadeinchains

Jadeinchains

So I have been playing the game for the last couple of days again...and it is just as good as before. Almost three years after its release it still kicks all other Western RPGs (The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and even Horizon Zero Dawn) butts. :)

Here's a cool, lengthy and in-depth analysis of the game and what makes it so great. Enjoy:

@Jadeinchains

Thanks, I'll check it out. :) Cool that they released that update to the graphics at a good time to get you back into playing it. :p

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Cool that they released that update to the graphics at a good time to get you back into playing it. :p

What are you talking about? XD I waited for this damn patch for years. And I held off from playing the game for a third time, even though I really wanted to, when the patch was announced and it still took them months to finally release it.

Funnily enough, when it released earlier this week it came completely out of the blue. I was browsing Neogaf and suddenly stumbled upon a thread title called: "Witcher 3 PS4 patch 1.50 adds Pro support out now" and I was like:

Jadeinchains

What are you talking about? XD I waited for this damn patch for years. And I held off from playing the game for a third time, even though I really wanted to, when the patch was announced and it still took them months to finally release it.

...:x Really, Oops lol. Well at least It's finally out now. :D Even If you've been waiting years... And that's good then that you happened to be checking and see it if it just suddenly came out of nowhere! :eek:

HajinMonSect

@Jadeinchains
Funny how you open with "Witcher is greater than this" then link a video that immediately talks about how people are wrong to compare witcher a narrative RPG to games like skyrim an open world RPG but I guess everyones favorite is the best game in the entire world.

Anyway I was thinking of starting this or Nier next now that I finished Horizon.

Lulu

@Jadeinchains
I love Long ass, Spoiler Filled Critiques.

Gonna watch this Tomorrow.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Funny how you open with "Witcher is greater than this" then link a video that immediately talks about how people are wrong to compare witcher a narrative RPG to games like skyrim an open world RPG but I guess everyones favorite is the best game in the entire world.

Just because I recommend this video to you guys, does not mean that I completely subscribe to every idea that the video maker expresses. ;)
I actually think it's BS that one is "wrong" to compare one game to another within one genre just because it differs in a category or two. One imo can compare any game with any other game if one wants to, lol.

I'm also not saying something is the best just because I happen to like or even love it. I like a lot of trash and I'm aware that it is trash and I wouldn't ever recommend it to anyone or claim it's the best thing ever. XD
The Witcher 3 however is internationally a critically highly acclaimed game. That's a simple fact:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

(I didn't write any of those reviews... ;))

Anyway I was thinking of starting this or Nier next now that I finished Horizon.

Did you enjoy Horizon and are you ready for another Western open world RPG that is even bigger?
If you answer this with "Yes!", then definitely The Witcher 3, if you answer this with "Nope!" then Nier, which is also a good game just a little different.

I love Long ass, Spoiler Filled Critiques.

Gonna watch this Tomorrow.

Good news for you, the same guy also made analyses for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine:

I unfortunately can't watch them, because I want to go in as fresh as possible, even though I already beat them. The game is just sooo huge, that one does forget half the stuff one already did in a prior 200 hours playthrough, lol.

Jadeinchains

@Tyaren I'll say this in spoilers so no one else sees and also maybe not you either If you want to go in so blind...It's about the woman in that thumbnail of the bottom one...:x

Big spoilers so...don't look If you haven't played the Blood And Wine dlc.
I wish I was able to save her........Oops.

PS: I watched most of that video, Didn't really agree with him on a lot of the stuff but It was still interesting to hear a more in depth...thing.. On the game's narrative etc.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Tyaren I'll say this in spoilers so no one else sees and also maybe not you either If you want to go in so blind...It's about the woman in that thumbnail of the bottom one...:x

Big spoilers so...don't look If you haven't played the Blood And Wine dlc.
I wish I was able to save her........Oops.

I did! :p And I saved her sister too. But that all was basically for nought with this fugly, black plume of smoke ruining the entire view of Toussaint. D: By the way, you know I am for pairing up Geralt with Yennefer all the way, the two are the only canon couple after all...but this time I ponder to not romance any of the ladies to have Ciri visit me at the end of Blood and Wine. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD