The Witcher Thread

Jadeinchains

I did! :p And I saved her sister too. But that all was basically for nought with this fugly, black plume of smoke ruining the entire view of Toussaint. D: By the way, you know I am for pairing up Geralt with Yennefer all the way, the two are the only canon couple after all...but this time I ponder to not romance any of the ladies to have Ciri visit me at the end of Blood and Wine. :)

Sadly mine didn't end as beautifully as that. :p I got a statue of her in the town square at least... And lol I remember picking the red haired girl ( Forgot her name ) and then seeing that Yen was the canon one and I was like...:)) oops. Oh well. She ended up spending the rest of her days hovering 10 inches away from the chair she was meant to be lying on anyway! XD And yeah It would be cool to see what Ciri has to say If it's her that comes to visit. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Sadly mine didn't end as beautifully as that. :p I got a statue of her in the town square at least... And lol I remember picking the red haired girl ( Forgot her name ) and then seeing that Yen was the canon one and I was like...:)) oops. Oh well. She ended up spending the rest of her days hovering 10 inches away from the chair she was meant to be lying on anyway! XD And yeah It would be cool to see what Ciri has to say If it's her that comes to visit. :)

Lol, you competely f***** up! XD Yennefer is so much more fun too, because she's really snarky and bitchy. You would love her. ;) Also she brings the stuffed unicorn over to the house, which occupies like 1/3 of the little bedroom of yours and creepily stares at you.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can tell you finished the game in record time and didn't ever go back, lol. The hovering and creepily standing on the bed at night and staring at the wall was fixed in a later patch. ;)

Since Jade and I have been talking about it... @everyone:
If you haven't played the game already and plan on doing so and plan to not f*** up all your endings, because you will have to live with them for two long expansions, here are a few tips how to best behave:

1) Be supportive of Ciri. Don't play her overprotective father, but be her best friend, supporting her every decision.
2) You can sleep around with any woman you want in the game...but when it comes to the two main ladies, Yennefer and Triss, only romance one of them. That one is Yennefer. XD
3) In Blood and Wine, don't be an asshole towards Sylvia and for God's sake buy the damn ribbon off the Little Flint Girl.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Lol, you competely f***** up! XD Yennefer is so much more fun too, because she's really snarky and bitchy. You would love her. ;) Also she brings the stuffed unicorn over to the house, which occupies like 1/3 of the little bedroom of yours and creepily stares at you.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can tell you finished the game in record time and didn't ever go back, lol. The hovering and creepily standing on the bed at night and staring at the wall was fixed in a later patch. ;)

Since Jade and I have been talking about it... @everyone:
If you haven't played the game already and plan on doing so and plan to not fuck up all your endings, because you will have to live with them for two long expansions, here are a few tipps how to best behave:

1) Be supportive of Ciri. Don't play her overprotective father, but be her best friend, supporting her every decision.
2) You can sleep around with any woman you want in the game...but when it comes to the two main ladies, Yennefer and Triss, only romance one of them. That one is Yennefer. XD
3) In Blood and Wine, don't be an asshole towards Sylvia and for God's sake buy the damn bracelet/ribbon off the Little Flint Girl.

maxresdefault.jpg

Good tips for a start! :p And...
Lmao, Yeah It would have been better to have gone with Yen, I liked her personality. Also what?! She'd stand on the bed at night and stare at the walls? XD That would have been funny to see. I feel like I remember you showing me pictures of that on ps4 but I'm not sure.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Good tips for a start! :p And...
Lmao, Yeah It would have been better to have gone with Yen, I liked her personality. Also what?! She'd stand on the bed at night and stare at the walls? XD That would have been funny to see. I feel like I remember you showing me pictures of that on ps4 but I'm not sure.

She literally acted like she was possessed! All the hovering, standing on the bed and staring at the wall at night...I still liked her. XD I think I did send you pics. Also remember the dried out river?! O: That was also patched later...

Sarching Google for Yennefer in Blood and Wine I just found these:

astor-alexander-tw-3-yennefer-final2100px.jpg

d96282969e7cceeed74231c65a58f82d.jpg

So cool! :D

Jadeinchains

She literally acted like she was possessed! All the hovering, standing on the bed and staring at the wall at night...I still liked her. XD I think I did send you pics. Also remember the dried out river?! O: That was also patched later...

Sarching Google for Yennefer in Blood and Wine I just found these:

astor-alexander-tw-3-yennefer-final2100px.jpg

d96282969e7cceeed74231c65a58f82d.jpg

So cool! :D

Actually footage of Yennefer In Blood and Wine -
defe8af8ac366b4e946f5b6d68b2df8c.gif

I was originally going to go for a serious Exorcist gif but omg! Not after I saw this! XD

Those images are amazing! :eek: The way they're drawing and everything, Like they're straight out of a Noir film. :D

Lulu

Its just as I feared....

This game is just so damn long. :(

Oh well... luckily I'm not the one who wants it.... its my friends who want to play it.

HajinMonSect

Just because I recommend this video to you guys, does not mean that I completely subscribe to every idea that the video maker expresses. ;)
I actually think it's BS that one is "wrong" to compare one game to another within one genre just because it differs in a category or two. One imo can compare any game with any other game if one wants to, lol.

I'm also not saying something is the best just because I happen to like or even love it. I like a lot of trash and I'm aware that it is trash and I wouldn't ever recommend it to anyone or claim it's the best thing ever. XD
The Witcher 3 however is internationally a critically highly acclaimed game. That's a simple fact:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

(I didn't write any of those reviews... ;))

Did you enjoy Horizon and are you ready for another Western open world RPG that is even bigger?
If you answer this with "Yes!", then definitely The Witcher 3, if you answer this with "Nope!" then Nier, which is also a good game just a little different.

Good news for you, the same guy also made analyses for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine:

I unfortunately can't watch them, because I want to go in as fresh as possible, even though I already beat them. The game is just sooo huge, that one does forget half the stuff one already did in a prior 200 hours playthrough, lol.

I never said you did, just admitted its funny which it is. If you say one thing them recommend something that immediately contradicts it, its worth a lol.

And critical acclaim hardly defines what's a better critically acclaimed game. I personally believe that scoring ends at 8 out of 10. Once you get to that point, personal preference determines how a game compares to others, 9/10 and 10/10 is just pandering.

Anyway Ive had witcher for a while and yet to start it after dropping so much time into dragon age I wasn't really feeling another generic looking fantasy setting. Horizons creative world and creatures captured me, Nier setting with androids, post apocalyptic world draws me in and I'm not going to talk about creativity brought on by the likes of Persona 5. Whereas my biggest hurdle for getting into Witcher 3 is, "heres another generic fantasy world with knights and old timey villagers with a idealized male fantasy character that's super cool and bones every babe."

Don't get me wrong Witcher is probably a good game and I may start it next which is why I initially entered this thread and was going to ask about something nut it just slightly triggers me when I see, "this is better the all of those! look at the meta." but I guess I should drop it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I just Arrived in Velen....

This game is too big... I'm never gonna finnish it. :(

Did you buy the Game of the Year Edition with the DLC expansions included?
Then, yes, you are probably never going to finish it. XD For everything you gotta invest at least 300 hours.
I'm on my third playthrough right now and I still find new stuff left and right...

Jadeinchains

With the W3 you've now found yourself the game your potentially going to be spending the next months constantly playing! :D So much to do in it especially with the dlc expansions! Have fun with it. :)

Lulu

@Tyaren
Yep.... who would have thought Free DLC would be more of a burden than a Reward.

Oh well.... time to hunt down them exclamation marks.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh well.... time to hunt down them exclamation marks.[/USER]

Regarding that a little or actually big tip from me:

You can fully customize what the game shows you and what not. Turn off the white dot trail to the next quest objective and turn off points of interest on the mini map. Like this you:
A) Won't burn out while trying to do every quest, you will just randomely come across them or when you deliberately check a town's quest board.
B) It'll reward immersion and exploration if you are perceptive of your surroundings, instead of trails and question/exclamation marks on the minimap, and decide on your own to check out an area nearby that seems interesting to you and where you indeed might stumble into a quest.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What Tyaren said. If he bought the complete edition then all the level up tricks and gameplay abuse tactics was probably patched into the raw version. It might still be possible to find new ways to level up since people will find a way and post it on youtube or something to help with your run on the journey.

I think a massive world like that is a good thing because it lengthens the life of the game along with some quests that was actually pretty cool to do, not many games can do that. Obviously there are some quests that seem like a drag or repetitive as the last quest, but Witcher doesn't have too many of that either. Some quests also explain some hidden lore not mentioned in the story route (School of the Cat/Bear and the people Geralt met on those schools in the past etc.) - Seriously, the longer the game, the more fun it is to me. I'm not a huge fan of games that ends in under 10-20 if it's in a genre of RPG or Action Adventure. If the story is good and lasts for more than 20 hours with not so cheap gameplay, I'm practically sold.

Lulu

@Tyaren
I'm not one for Immersion.... don't get me wrong. I don't actively avoid it and I do enjoy it but it's not something I look for in a game....

Besides.... I could kill some time.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I mean, Witcher 3 is a really good game. I still recommend it to anyone who's never played it (Played II and III) I don't see myself going back into 3, but the only reason why I don't see myself going back is because you need a huge amount of grind-fest to get further past the game and getting all the other bits of exploration without getting yourself screwed with high level monsters or soldiers. You can't even do the latest DLC until you hit a certain level but they give you a custom build to compensate for it (which isn't all that great either).

I'm perfectly fine with grinding, but if the methods to obtain a higher level were patched and making you do it the hard way (literally) then it's almost pointless. By hard way, it's literally telling you to kill monsters for a measly 200 XP and the most you gain from a quest is up to 10,000 (rare XP quest) and yet the requirements for your next level is 120,000 (nobody has time for that, I work). You can't even New Game+ for the 2nd or 3rd time so I can't enjoy the story again with the newest super gear I obtained. Hope you have a great story run on Witcher 3 though, you should stick with it to be honest.

Lulu

LoL... Its so much to deal with.

You know what really pisses me off.... The fact that you are Forced to play the game if you want to expand on Gwent.

Gwent is also a weird game.... so far it seems like theres only one strategy.... Find a way to make your Opponent play their Best Card then throw the 1st round.....that should make the last two Rounds easier.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
LoL... Its so much to deal with.

You know what really pisses me off.... The fact that you are Forced to play the game if you want to expand on Gwent.

Gwent is also a weird game.... so far it seems like theres only one strategy.... Find a way to make your Opponent play their Best Card then throw the 1st round.....that should make the last two Rounds easier.

Gwent also became an actual game for people to play. The rules inside Witcher's Gwent is different from the actual made game now, not necessarily like that but against the CPU? probably could work.

Good luck on your journey. Thumbs up.

Lulu

Ran Out of Viable Side Quests...

I'm Broke...

I just got ripped off by a Dwarf

My Horse hates me

I have 50 Different Crafting Items in my Inventory and none of it is viable for shit

I keep running into inexplicably locked doors.

My Silver Sword is constantly Breaking and it costs an arm and a leg to fix it each time.

Why do I keep getting paid in crowns/florens ? Give me real money you ass holes !!! :mad:

And Yennefer refuses to give up dat ass.

Man this game is depressing. :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD