"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Well, it's that time again. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round is nearing us. This will be the last installment of DOA5 so only time will tell if more patches are to come in the long run. It will be released in February of 2015. For now, let's discuss Kasumi from DOA5 (vanilla) to now which is DOA5U leading up to her eventual DOA5LR counterpart. Again, there may be patches within the game, but keep in mind that this is also "the" last DOA5 sequence, meaning that Kasumi in this game will be here to stay (but can see changes within patches) until another DOA sequel is released.

She can get a full combo from the Danger Zone stage from DOA1. This was tested by players who went to TFC14 (Allan Paris, Rikuto, CyberEvil, Rhythmik, Shade Swifteye, & myself. There may have been more but I didn't catch them, sorry if I left you out. I just listed the ones who played one I got there).

The thread will be updated as more things are announced. Discuss Kasumi leading up to Dead or Alive 5: Last Round.

Newly Translated changes going into LR:

Kasumi (Special movement techniques made easier for beginners)
(Back-turned) PPPP, 3PP refloat properties strengthened
(Back-turned) PPPPP, (Back-turned) PP6PP, 3PPP, 6PP: Damage changed from 26 to 18.
For all "Senpuu" variations, holding 6 trigger the move (6P+K still works as well)
6PP: Small adjustment to push back when guarded.
66PP: Stun changed to blind stagger animation on hit.
4P+K: 4_P+K also works now.
33P: Fixed the priority so 236P shouldn't happen.
44P: On counter hit and above, causes blind stun animation.
1K, (Back-turned)PP2K, PPK2K, H+K2K: Damage changed from 20 to 23.
1K: Glancing hit base damage changed from 25 to 23.
66KK: Added jump status frames
((Back-turned)PP)6KK: Advantage on guard changed from -12F to -7F.
Added Cherry Blossom effects to the following, (Back-turned(P))KKP, Back-turned 4P, (Back-turned (PP))6PKK, 236P
9P+K: Jump status frames added (low attacks won't hit)
Hoshinpo 9P+K: Jump status frames added (low attacks won't hit)
Wall 6T: Damaged changed from 40+20 to 50+10.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
You can't really tell until the facts present themselves aka pre-release notes leading to February's release. In this case, the stun animation will depend on how deep the stun is with the change. That will determine whether or not it was a good change or bad change. It's also possible that they may be giving it more guard breaking frame advantage. Plus, it's not guaranteed that it'll stay this way. Last time, they put H+K in the builds, but didn't give it a turn around stun, but put it back in later before the game was released.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Okay double post for a reason. Look guys if you request a costume PLEASE request something that you can fight in rather than a lingerie, bikini, or anything like that. Request something legit. Please! Let it be another ninja suit, something that makes her & the game in general look more serious. We have enough outsiders & haters bashing the series for this reason (& others) as it is. It's ok to like characters casual heck im casual & like Kasumi for casual reasons, but I want to think of how good of fighter she is.That's how I show affection towards her. All I ask.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Okay double post for a reason. Look guys if you request a costume PLEASE request something that you can fight in rather than a lingerie, bikini, or anything like that. Request something legit. Please! Let it be another ninja suit, something that makes her & the game in general look more serious.
It's been done... you got the ninja preorder pack, for cryin' out loud.

Why not think outside the box, like they did this little number from the little-known arcade update of DOA1, DOA++?

150px-DOA%2B%2B_Kasumi_C4.jpg

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I said "another". Keyword: another. It needs to stay on this focus along with the character balance, ground game & stages.

Chapstick

Her ninja preorder reminds me a bit of the DOA++ cyber ninja. Glad she's getting a mask.

I want her to get that damn blue scarf on her NG outfit.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm wanting them to her something new other than the Ninja's Pack preorder (going to preorder it Friday). If people would request these types of costumes then I would be cool with it because it's not drawing negative attention towards the series, but people will say "no, she needs more". No, she doesn't. She has enough of that lol.

I also wonder what they're going to do with 3H+K this time around too.

Chapstick

Preordered my copy a few days ago, the ninja pack is awesome. Kasumi has more bikinis than ninja outfits and unfortunately she's getting another stupid one. I believe she's getting yet another one in the japanese CE.

I wonder what they'll do with her H+K since it keeps getting nerfed. Making it so you need to stun someone first to turn them around was deserved but I don't think they really needed to make it holdable.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
3H+K in general was a great move. It still has some use to it, just not as much, but it was downgraded. It had crush properties in 5 vanilla. I don't expect them to touch H+K (or F+K). & yes, making it holdable was uncalled for, but I'm assuming that the reason why they did was because she could get something from it freely while others couldn't from their turnaround. I hope that they don't touch it, but it's wishful thinking.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
A deep stun that hits high to keep her pressure is too. Lol. Like just an elbow.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I would also be happy if they changed 66kks advantage from +11 to +14 or higher. :cool:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD