"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

Lulu

LoL.... how did you even stumble upon that Detail ?

Anyway I have no idea.... sometimes Team Ninja doesn't want every variation of the same moves to be the same.....

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh I see. I was using the move in training mode although I hate the input feel and it wouldn't let me do either. I thought it was just me failing the inputs since I don't normally utilize Kasumi's stance cancels unless in a stun, I play her more how she was in DOA2

Lulu

I would have never discovered that lil Detail.

Good thing you found it in training mode and not in a Match. ;)

Lulu

I don't think it was an oversight.

If what lil programming I have has taught me anything its that it would have actually been much easier to have that String be the same as her other ones...... its easier to reuse assets than it is to change something... even if its something small.

However just because it wasn't an oversight doesn't mean they had a reason to do it..... maybe they were just bored.

Chapstick

I'm thinking it's possible they originally didn't have 9P+K and 9P as hoshinpo moves and forgot about 44P6P6 when they were adding it to hoshinpo transition strings.

Can it be done from 44PPK6?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm thinking it's possible they originally didn't have 9P+K and 9P as hoshinpo moves and forgot about 44P6P6 when they were adding it to hoshinpo transition strings.

Can it be done from 44PPK6?
Sorry I didn't see this XD And yeah it can.

I also had a question, after a CB or Hi counter, using the 33K launcher, is 33P>2P>6KK and 33P>2P>6P6KK a good juggle or can I do more in open space?

Lulu

Sorry I didn't see this XD And yeah it can.

I also had a question, after a CB or Hi counter, using the 33K launcher, is 33P>2P>6KK and 33P>2P>6P6KK a good juggle or can I do more in open space?

After a CB.... the max damage :3::3::K: Juggle used to be :3::3::P:, BT:2::P:, :7::K::6_:, Hoshinpo :K::K:.

I don't know if thats still the case now but thats the one I would use at max threshold..... if I actually did get a CB I would just free strep behind the opponent and Bounce them with:4::H+K:.... lord knows I practiced this Juggle a bunch of times.... might aswel use it. ;)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
After a CB.... the max damage :3::3::K: Juggle used to be :3::3::P:, BT:2::P:, :7::K::6_:, Hoshinpo :K::K:.

I don't know if thats still the case now but thats the one I would use at max threshold..... if I actually did get a CB I would just free strep behind the opponent and Bounce them with:4::H+K:.... lord knows I practiced this Juggle a bunch of times.... might aswel use it. ;)
Thank you! The freestep one I can't use though, I'm always afraid of the opponent falling before I can do anything so I usually avoid freestep CB juggles.

Lulu

Thank you! The freestep one I can't use though, I'm always afraid of the opponent falling before I can do anything so I usually avoid freestep CB juggles.

LoL.... if you're playing online then i understand but if you're playing offline then You should learn the Free step juggle.... its definitely Risky but it will be of great benefit to your environmental game, which could make for some great Replays. ;)

that is if you can do it in Both Directions. I learned how to do both Free stepping into the Background and Free Stepping into the Foreground (this one is harder)....

I practiced it on all kinds of Characters because there are certain tiny variables that might cause it to fail..... particularly from Characters with Smaller hurtboxes like: :genfu:, :alpha152:, :christie:, :helena:, and :hitomi:

Chapstick

If 33P BT 2P does more damage than 66K~K they need to fix that

Sometimes distance will screw up the freestep 4H+K juggle too. Plenty of times I've had KK7K whiff doing it because she's like one inch too far away

Lulu

If 33P BT 2P does more damage than 66K~K they need to fix that

That BT:2::P: does a surprising amount of Damage. Anyway that juggle I mentioned earlier was exclusively for Mid Weights and Gen Fu because when I use :6::6::K::~::K: then :7::K::6_:, Hoshinpo :K::K: doesn't connect.

The hitbox on Kasumi's :7::K: is weird, it seems higher up than it looks.

Sometimes distance will screw up the freestep 4H+K juggle too. Plenty of times I've had KK7K whiff doing it because she's like one inch too far away

LoL.... yeah I noticed that..... hence the warning about those Specific Characters I mentioned...... it seemed to be happening more with Christie and Alpha than anyone else so I figured it was a Hurtbox issue.

Normally the CB Setups I use don't leave Kasumi so far away from my opponent. I mean she Steps forward when she does it.... but yeah being further increase the Turning radious which increase the travel time it takes to get behind the opponent which Shortens the opportunity to get the bounce right...... I noticed this while using :jacky:. Using his CB from his Slide Shuffle causes him to be far away from his Opponent..... I used to depend on that setup alot because I couldn't :6::6::H+K: very well at the time.

Chapstick

That BT:2::P: does a surprising amount of Damage. Anyway that juggle I mentioned earlier was exclusively for Mid Weights and Gen Fu because when I use :6::6::K::~::K: then :7::K::6_:, Hoshinpo :K::K: doesn't connect.

The hitbox on Kasumi's :7::K: is weird, it seems higher up than it looks.
I'm pretty sure 66K~K 7K~KK works on all except superheavies, your timing just has to be good.

Also 7K will hit someone that's like 1 inch off the ground tbh as long as they're midair at all for the next 14 frames

Lulu

Maybe I shouldn't be playing Kasumi....if I can't do the max damage Combos with any character I just drop them.

The Double :6::6::K::~::K: is one of those things I can't do..... it seems to want frame perfect Timing.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wouldn't drop based on that, for me it just varies, like with Kasumi I can get creative and basically freestyle a combo and get decent damage, phase 4 too. With characters like Naotora(My OG sub) she's so straightforward that her max damage should kinda be muscle memory but it varies, I tend to choose my characters based on ease of use.

I also have a habit too, if my opponent is light enough and near a wall, I usually do 33K>33P>4P for that wall slam, or I'll finish combos with 6PK or PP6PK so I can go for a FT.

Chapstick

Maybe I shouldn't be playing Kasumi....if I can't do the max damage Combos with any character I just drop them.

The Double :6::6::K::~::K: is one of those things I can't do..... it seems to want frame perfect Timing.
The double 66K~K is something I've never seen anyone use outside of the lab so I wouldn't worry about it. I managed to do it ONCE online but it was down the desert wasteland slope and I was so shocked it landed I dropped the PP6PK. The fun thing about it tho is it even works on the superheavies when it really seems like it shouldn't. 236T KK7K~ PPKK does I think 1 pt more damage but it's harder to pull off (imo) than 66K~K 66K~K because of the 0.00000005 second microdash you need to do

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD