Thoughts on Diego and NiCO

Bogetsu

I'm really curious about Diego's story in the general plot. He might have something to do with Rig. Regarding with his looks I think he's fine.
About NiCo, I'm not sure, I was expecting a more exciting female character to be honest, even though her fighting style is very unusual.

Bogetsu

A Mexican frustrated homosexual that got seduced by Rig in order to participate into the tournament to earn that cash to take care of his sick mother. That’s his entire plot.

Technically he's got the american nationality. However, yeah, he may have such a isolated plot just as other "newbie" characters such as Mila, Eliot, etc.

About NiCo, she gives the impression of unveiling more details that could lead to Donovan and M.I.S.T. organization itself.

KwonJigglypuff

What makes people think Diego's origins are Mexican?
His color theme is red/yellow and blue (or green with the shoes). Based on that, he could be designed to represent Colombia as well (seeing for instance how Josie from Tekken is dressed after her country's flag). I know, this is stupid.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
His color theme is red/yellow and blue (or green with the shoes). Based on that, he could be designed to represent Colombia as well (seeing for instance how Josie from Tekken is dressed after her country's flag). I know, this is stupid.
Well, he likes tacos and soccer. That’s why

human013

Diego seems like someone who can give Jann Lee a challenge so it would be great if his story focuses on the non ninja stuff. His relationship with Rig should be the same as Bass's relationship with Rig. Friends, enemies, or whatever as long as it doesn't go into ninja and evil project territory.

The DOA signature move: mental gymnastics:rolleyes:
Well I think he's also trying to make a case that just doesn't make sense: Hey look at all these characters that AREN'T 18!...You realize there are 30s and 40s and 50s, right?
The problem here comes when literally half of the cast is 18 already.
I don't get why they had to make her and every other new girl freshly legal, it's lowkey creepy.
What he's insinuating is that Team NINJA will make a character look older and then slap them with a 22 or 23 or 24 even though they look 30.
...o_O

Last edited:

Bogetsu

He might have any latin-american country origin because of his family background. However, I guess he was born and of course, raised in the USA.

P2p1mbs

Now having tried out bolth characters in command training, I'm surprised I liked NiCO more. There's something about her moves that I like. Diego, is mostly OK and now having seen most of his moves in training, I can see the street brawler in his moves.

I still dont like either too much, but I can now see their role in the cast and better appreciate them.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

They are both fun to play as, but I prefer Diego over NiCo gameplay wise. Appearance and character-wise I agree with Tyaren .The characters I like the least always have the best movesets lol

why is the only good nico costume locked. i'm even starting to prefer diego's 2 bland costumes.

Macca Beam

yeah between blue asuna dress and one of the dumbest looking uniform ever i'll take safe and bland instead. not really a character i look forward to seeing dlcs of

also why are u guys pretending to not know the reason the number 18 kept popping up? you can laugh at japan's age shenanigans, but at the end of the day they didn't ban or protest against a game because the pixels in it weren't within their approved age range rofl

Mama

Practice with and against the two in the demo to determine if I'd change my mind about them, but nope they're still boring as hell and their move-sets are too short.

Hate that arrogant nerdy anime chick getup NiCO has going. And Diego is still super 'meh' imho.

Xhominid The Demon Within

So, this was posted to TN's twitter and I must say...I'd be in favor. Your mileage may vary obviously. But, it's an overall aesthetic that I think would be unique for the game.

I keep seeing this but all you is trading one stereotype for an even bigger, more ridiculous stereotype...

Atleast admit the fact that you just don't like more anime in your anime game.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

yeah between blue asuna dress and one of the dumbest looking uniform ever i'll take safe and bland instead. not really a character i look forward to seeing dlcs of

also why are u guys pretending to not know the reason the number 18 kept popping up? you can laugh at japan's age shenanigans, but at the end of the day they didn't ban or protest against a game because the pixels in it weren't within their approved age range rofl
haha ik the reason but it can't hurt to make a loli character 19 instead of 18...right?

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
I actually don't mind ether character, diego seems alright and I am really liking nico, she doesn't really resemble marie like I originally thought. Her moveset is really fun aswell.

Macca Beam

haha ik the reason but it can't hurt to make a loli character 19 instead of 18...right?
kiiiiiinda. many people on BOTH sides of the subject see legal age or unbelievable age (not to be confused with unrealistic) as a cowardly move. it's either not taboo enough or not convincing enough. there's no way you can win

which convinces me TN was so persistent on riding this fence simply because they didn't want to get into trouble with another nanny country. it's like they clamped at least 8 characters that could be anywhere between 14 and 17 to a minimum value

i'm surprised talim got away with it and most of her defaults are actually slutty, guess it's just luck

Xhominid The Demon Within

kiiiiiinda. many people on BOTH sides of the subject see legal age or unbelievable age (not to be confused with unrealistic) as a cowardly move. it's either not taboo enough or not convincing enough. there's no way you can win

which convinces me TN was so persistent on riding this fence simply because they didn't want to get into trouble with another nanny country. it's like they clamped at least 8 characters that could be anywhere between 14 and 17 to a minimum value

i'm surprised talim got away with it and most of her defaults are actually slutty, guess it's just luck

Honestly Talim(and to a slightly lesser extent Amy) gets away with so much shit that people will never let slide with DOA and it's honestly hilarious and stupid at the same time.

Honestly Talim(and to a slightly lesser extent Amy) gets away with so much shit that people will never let slide with DOA and it's honestly hilarious and stupid at the same time.

When Soul Calibur makes Soul Calibur Xtreme give me a call. Thats why DOA gets such a bad rep. Its not the default costumes, its the fact the spin off is so damn pervy. In DOA5 that private paradise DLC was stupid af.

Yknow I have no issue with the sexy part of DOA i just wish it was equal among all the characters. Yes Im talking a private paradise with male characters. Fuck it I want a Xtreme game with the male cast too lol gay guys and straight women would love it.

thats besides the point,

Diego is really cool although his design has much to be desired. I LOVE his moveset though. Nico grew on me but she kinda stands out TOO much. She seems like a guest.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD