Community Time to Help One of Our Own

UPDATE: We have officially received word that Team NINJA will be adding additional funds to the prize pool for NEC and also contributing money directly to Katsu as well. Please see the below statement and continue to donate and share the fundraiser with the community and your friends!

Team NINJA proudly supports Big E Gaming by matching Matt Ponton/FSD contribution of $500 towards the DOA5U tournament at NEC, bringing the total pot bonus up to $1000. In addition, Team NINJA is donating $500 to help out with medical expenses for one of their most dedicated supporters in the community, Katsu Hayami. DOA Fighters, please join Team NINJA by helping out one of our own who is in need. See you at NEC!

Original article: As members of FreeStepDodge, we are all a part of a larger community. Through tournaments, online and offline play, character discussion, strategizing, and just chatting with our friends, we have grown and strengthened that community over the years. Part of belonging to a community has us supporting one another and we are putting out a call to do just that now.

@Katsu Hayami has given and given over the years and asked for next to nothing during that time. I personally first ran into him at Summer Jam 6 a couple of years ago. He asked me (and others) to show him the ropes and help him step up his competitive game and we've been friends ever since. In subsequent tournaments he began helping us with everything from running brackets and stream setups to even providing the console for the main stream for Top 8, something he has also done for other games. Seeing your favorite tournament player pick a brand new DLC costume on stream is completely his doing. The man has purchased ALL of the DLC since release.

Dedication, guys.

Unfortunately, Katsu has also fallen on hard times as of late. A major health issue has arisen for him and has depleted his funds to the point that he is looking to sell many of his prized possessions and collector items to try and pay down the medical bill. A friend of his stepped up to create a GoFundMe campaign to raise money so that Katsu can pay for the medical help he needs and keep his personal belongings at the same time. We want to help ensure that this campaign is a success.

Below you will find the link to the campaign. If you can spare anything, definitely do so. This isn't about something as simple as contributing towards buying a plane ticket; we are directly helping a member of our community pay for treatment he needs to stay healthy. If you are unable to contribute financially, please share this post on Facebook or Twitter and/or share the campaign itself via social media. Every little bit helps and spreading awareness in lieu of contributing financially is absolutely a viable avenue of providing help.

One additional option would be to donate directly to the site and add a note in your donation about going to Katsu's fund. If you forget to add the note, message @Mr. Wah directly to let him know.

Thank you very much for your help, ladies and gentlemen.

http://www.gofundme.com/fz42yg

Last edited:
Can you imagine something beyond your control happening and having to sell your entire life to make ends meet?

It's complete bullshit. It's also a fact of life that happens unless good people step in to stop it from happening.

Even if all you have to spare is 5 dollars, please help the guy out. You wouldn't want this kind of thing to happen to you either, and were the shoe on the other foot you can bet he's the kind of guy who'd help you out.

Doing well so far! The campaign has only been up for a few days at this point and we're right around $400. Promising start. Keep donating and sharing when possible.

Had to order another credit card as I got pickpocketed over the weekend, but as soon as my new one comes in I'll eagerly donate.

Hell yeah im donating Katsu like that piller that olds up doa offline scene that some people just dont know about

I can't believe it to the support of Team NINJA directed toward a member of the community, this is something really awesome and incredible! (and of course again thanks for the support that they show to the competitive scene).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD