Tina combo thread

TRI Mike

The problem I have with juggling with 8P~2P+F is that it leaves the opponent too close to land a wake-up kick. I played a lot with her last night and a friend destroyed me with his Bass. I can't seem to find any good moves to start my offensive. DOA3 Tina felt much stronger than DOA5 Tina.

Django

The problem I have with juggling with 8P~2P+F is that it leaves the opponent too close to land a wake-up kick. I played a lot with her last night and a friend destroyed me with his Bass. I can't seem to find any good moves to start my offensive. DOA3 Tina felt much stronger than DOA5 Tina.
u can 2P after groundthrow

TRI Mike

Updated first post with these:

Fast transitions into Critical Burst in Counter and Hi-Counter:

1) :9::P::P::F: :8::P: :6::P+K: 73 dmg counter // 88 dmg hi-counter

2) :6::P::K: ~BT :P: :6::P+K: 60 dmg counter // 72 dmg hi-counter

3) :3::K::P: :8::P: :6::P+K: 75 dmg counter // 90 dmg hi-counter

4) :4::K: ~BT :7::P::P: :6::P+K: 67 dmg counter // 80 dmg hi-counter

5) :7::P::P: :F: :8::P: :6::P+K: 80 dmg counter // 96 dmg hi-counter

6) :7::P::P::P: 71 dmg counter // 85 dmg hi-counter

7) :6::P::P::6::K: :6::P+K: 58 dmg counter // 71 dmg hi-counter

Juggles:

(Using :9::P::P::F: :8::P: :6::P+K: as base before launching).

1) :9::K: :9::P::K: :F+P: 138 dmg counter // 161 dmg hi-counter - Works on light and mid weights.

2) :9::K: :426::F+P: 132 dmg counter // 159 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone.

3) :9::K: :8::P: :2::F+P: 121 dmg counter // 142 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone.

4) :9::K: :P::P::P::K: 124 dmg counter // 149 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone.

5) :9::K: :6::6::P::P::K: 126 dmg counter // 151 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone. Potential ability to activate wall dangerzones.

6) :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :8::P: :2::F+P: 147 dmg counter // 173 dmg hi-counter - Works on light and mid weights only.

7) :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :426::F+P: - Works on light weights only.

8) :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :F+P: - Works on light and mid weights only.

These aren't taking dangerzone damage into consideration. And most, if all of them are not guaranteed but I think they're a nice way to start.

DForev

Two things:

You can get into CB with 2 sit down stuns if your opponent is crouching at the start, so:

(Opponent crouching) :8::P::6::K: :8::P: :6::P+K: at 65 dmg normal // 73 on counter
Only when the A.I. is at fastest stagger escape can they overcome the combo. Which might be too fast for humans.

And I've found that :P+K: after CB is 2 dmg stronger than :9::K: and you get a ground bounce that can continue into almost all other combos the :9::K: does. (one exception is :9::P::K: :F+P: where the airthrow seemed to never connect on Christie or Ayane). Plus after the ground bounce it seems easier to land the giant swing airthrow compared to after a launcher (but that might just be me).

TRI Mike

I was trying to use P+K instead of 9K but some mid weight characters seemed to avoid the air grabs. It was probably me just messing up the execution but I preferred to stay with 9K. I'll try P+K again tomorrow in training mode.

shinryu

No one's exploiting the limbo stun? I'm surprised. Basically looks like 8p into 33p is guaranteed after the limbo stun, then 8p to ground throw. It's only 77 damage, but once you're in, you're in. Your opponent is probably really going to want to hold mid after k comes out, so act appropriately. Or you can use kk to get 6f+k to ground throw, which will still get you a respectable 65 points.

Also, it looks like the hold 3p chop might be an interesting option in stun combos; basically, it gives you the option to go for relatively safe grabs against the stun. Typically guessing grab is pretty nasty on whiff, but it looks like after 3p even at fastest struggle you're -6 at worst on a neutral grab, or if they are fastest low holding -7. The low grab is only -5 against either a mid hold or fastest struggle. So safe way to fish for a counter grab; the damage on hi- counter f+p is respectable and if they don't tech it's a ground throw. Of course, if your're really willing to go for it you are technically able to WR 64f+p into MDT into 120 points of damage from this setup. Mainly it should encourage them not to hold against you if you whiff a couple throws at minimal risk to yourself.

Django

after looking into to all the combos i think u only need these after CB

heavy char
:9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :F+P:
:P+K: :426: :F+P: into wall
Mid char
:9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :8:
punch.gif
:2: :F+P:
Light char
:9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :426: :F+P:

Also so far :6::6::P::P::K: most damaging combo after a wall hit.

TRI Mike

Fast. I'm not using fastest because I think it's pretty much impossible for people to escape sit-down stuns with that speed in offline, much less online play.

Goro Hazuki

Cool cool. Yeah I always toggle between fast and fastest (from my experience, people get a recovery somewhere between the two). So it's nice to see that you have all these combos on fast recovery setting.

TRI Mike

Besides, 80% of players still try to hold out of stun so these combos work for the most part. They're pretty basic and not even guaranteed so there's nothing definitive about Tina yet.

Goro Hazuki

Well, you kinda have to relax the assumptions sometimes. It's nice to get guaranteed stuff, but you have to factor in the mind game somewhat in a real match setting. As Tina players, we're more than happy to do a big throw during hi-counter for massive damage :)

shinryu

As a continuation of the safe grab idea, it looks a lot like you can pretty safely try to throw from a p from stun as well as from 66k's stun. Even better in the 66k case, the stun will give you a free ground throw if they don't tech. So you can land 66k, try to throw, and even if you whiff you should still get a chance at a ground throw or at least pressure on their tech. Going to work up an okizeme thread later in the day to discuss for Tina.

Ace Flibble

2) :9::K: :426::F+P: 132 dmg counter // 159 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone.
I realise it's a bit off for a new guy to come in and question these things, but can we be sure this works on everyone? I've no problem doing this to middleweights, but I'll be damned if I can get it to connect on Bayman or Bass on regular counter. Perhaps I've just randomly screwed up my timing against them a little by coincidence, but I've only gotten it to connect on hi-counter. Happy to admit my mistake but I'd appreciate if someone could double-check this.

Doa_Eater

I realise it's a bit off for a new guy to come in and question these things, but can we be sure this works on everyone? I've no problem doing this to middleweights, but I'll be damned if I can get it to connect on Bayman or Bass on regular counter. Perhaps I've just randomly screwed up my timing against them a little by coincidence, but I've only gotten it to connect on hi-counter. Happy to admit my mistake but I'd appreciate if someone could double-check this.

Oh it works, but it's very easy to miss against those two(i think Gen-Fu is also a heavyweight), works fine after a critical burst also.

Dallas1088

Do you have the setting correct? It can't be on "Counter Normally" it has to be on "Always Counter." From there it's just a matter of buffering the command for the throw before you hit :F+P:. It works.

Ace Flibble

Yeah, I have it set correctly. Good to know then that I just need to sharpen my timing with the heavyweights, better than feeling like an idiot constantly trying something which isn't possible.

Dallas1088

Didn't see it listed yet, but I think there's a nice setup in:

:4::4::P:, :7::P::P:. The last :P: puts them into drunken stance (as I like to call it), and can be followed up with her :6::P+K: for CB. So something like:

:4::4::P:, :7::P::P:, :6::P+K: CB, :9::K:, :6::P::P::6::K:, :F+P: (134 damage on Counter Hit)

Doa_Eater

Didn't see it listed yet, but I think there's a nice setup in:

:4::4::P:, :7::P::P:. The last :P: puts them into drunken stance (as I like to call it), and can be followed up with her :6::P+K: for CB. So something like:

:4::4::P:, :7::P::P:, :6::P+K: CB, :9::K:, :6::P::P::6::K:, :F+P: (134 damage on Counter Hit)

I use 44p quite often for that set up but but i'm more of a 4k guy due to the shorter input (44p is more evasive though) works the same.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD