Tina combo thread

Doa_Eater

I tried it on Tatami against Kasumi, Ayane, Mila, Alpha, Kokoro, Pai and I think Hitomi and worked almost every time. The input is a little strict but it's definitely viable. You have to know this only works on max launch height, like 33P or 9K after a CB.

Tried it online and it really works against said characters, and this with an electric wall splat and a ground throw, not to mention a tiger really is one of the most damaging combos in the game. On normal you leave the opponent on a 1/8 life bar. I think Eliot is lightweight also.

DForev

If you want HCH values:

:4::K::7::K::P::6::P+K: is 84 HCH dmg
:4::K::P::P::h::8::P::6::P+K: is 90 HCH dmg
:6::6::K::8::P::6::K::6::P+K: is 93 HCH dmg
:6::6::K::K::P::6::P+K: is 97 HCH dmg (in the right stance; and yes 66K changes Tina's stance)

And for the non CB combo:

:6::6::K::K::K::6::H+K::2::H+P: does 135 HCH dmg when linked quickly, but 149 HCH dmg when delayed between K to 6H+K.

And yea, that post-CB :9::K::6::P::P::6::K::8::P::2::H+P: juggle is a bitch to land on mediums. Might be harder on HCH, although I did manage to eek out 181 and 172 HCH dmg using it on Christie (with differing pre-CB combos). But in a pinch, might be better to forget it. I might do CH dmg later if I have time.

shinryu

Very true. If you just do KP in open stance (front foot opposite to opponent),

Yea, you can't CB on limbo it seems. Not too bad since you can 8P then CB though, giving you guaranteed dmge I think. As for the second part, since KP is stance related, I assume that combo can work if you're in the right stance. I didn't try it though. I know that in the right stance, 66K KP 6P+K does work at least.

And yea, that KK to 6F+K is really good too. You can kinda delay the second K in KK, to avoid a hold, but you get less damage. You can delay the 6F+K to get maximum damage. 6F+K to 2F+P should give you 65 on normal at max damage. Added to KK which can give you 42 or 30 depending on speed and heck, throw in 66K to start with, which gives 56 altogether prior to 6F+K, and you've got 121 max damage from something fairly simple. On normal.

does 62 dmg on normal.

I'm almost certain if you get the CB on 66k kp you're getting the holdable front crumple stun and not the limbo stun; I tested and 6p+k definitely knocks down even if you're not at threshold from behind. Still, 8p or 33k should be guaranteed, so you can get something off of it. I'm going to guess if you're at threshold 33k 8p 2f+p might be the best you can do, but since you should get the choke off of a 6f+k that might be desirable as well. I'll have to check damage on that, I suspect it should be similar (iirc, something like 12+9+20 with scaling vs. 15+30) and it should work on everybody without regard to weight class.

Regarding the (beautiful) CB setups off of 4k BT in the combo list, it's worth mentioning that 44p will do the same damage and is safer (but slower) as it high crushes and has followups; if you don't have a pressing need to use 4k (anticipated holds, low crush, rarely speed) it's grossly unsafe on block as it guarantees a backthrow at -7. Also, I'm not certain of the damage but you should be able to substitute BT 4p in for the BT 7k, as it should give you enough stun to get to 8p. It's not as good a stun as BT 7k but if by some chance they decide to start holding mid k you have an alternative. You can also crouch dash to turn around after 7k which gives you a 33k option, or (more importantly) the MDT on tap. 33 to 8p should be no problem with how long that stun goes on.

DForev

I'm almost certain if you get the CB on 66k kp you're getting the holdable front crumple stun and not the limbo stun; I tested and 6p+k definitely knocks down even if you're not at threshold from behind. Still, 8p or 33k should be guaranteed, so you can get something off of it. I'm going to guess if you're at threshold 33k 8p 2f+p might be the best you can do, but since you should get the choke off of a 6f+k that might be desirable as well. I'll have to check damage on that, I suspect it should be similar (iirc, something like 12+9+20 with scaling vs. 15+30) and it should work on everybody without regard to weight class.

Regarding the (beautiful) CB setups off of 4k BT in the combo list, it's worth mentioning that 44p will do the same damage and is safer (but slower) as it high crushes and has followups; if you don't have a pressing need to use 4k (anticipated holds, low crush, rarely speed) it's grossly unsafe on block as it guarantees a backthrow at -7. Also, I'm not certain of the damage but you should be able to substitute BT 4p in for the BT 7k, as it should give you enough stun to get to 8p. It's not as good a stun as BT 7k but if by some chance they decide to start holding mid k you have an alternative. You can also crouch dash to turn around after 7k which gives you a 33k option, or (more importantly) the MDT on tap. 33 to 8p should be no problem with how long that stun goes on.

Yea that CB off 66k kp is the forward crumple stun. Not the best stun, but at least with Tina you can decide to go for CB or just launch. And you probably don't need to worry about the stance since both are longish stuns, giving you time to see which one you get before acting, and heck maybe you can delay 6h+k with regards to the limbo stun to give you the full 35+30 dmge.

To be fair, she probably has a bunch more viable pre-CB combos from backturned I haven't tried yet. Something like 4k 7p 4k might reach threshold too. Be great to work out the best few. But with regards to 4k vs 44p, I've never really used 44p so I can't really compare. What I do know is that 4k just works so well. It evades lows, can more or less evade high punches due to distance (and probably most high kicks due to speed) and seems like it has priority over a bunch of mids (due to speed and distance). It also helps that she doesn't move her body like the 44p does, since body hits seem like they're more dangerous. I'll have to try using 44p more, esp for the sake of variety, but even then, I'm not sure I could back away from 4k. Her neutral throw from BT stance off 44p probably is easier to land though compared to from 4k.

shinryu

The BT 4k stun is really pretty bad, though; if you're going to mid kick from BT in stun 7k is generally going to be the way to go unless something weird happened and you need the range for some reason.

I think the most viable BT series are probably:

4k/44p, BT pp, 8p/33k, CB/juggle
4k/44p, BT 7k, 8p/33k, CB/juggle
4k/44p, BT 7p, BT 7k/k/4p, CB/juggle/6f+k,2h+p
4k/44p, BT k, 6f+k, 2h+p

The shorter series are good if you're entering into the situation from stun (say, 66k to 4k or something like that).

I like 44p since I'm usually trying to be further out from the opponent than 4k, but 4k is very good when it works. You really have to be sure it's going to hit is all. 44p is great against faster characters if you anticipate jabs; it works really well after a 7k guard break, for example, where your other 19-frame moves might lose to Kasumi/Christie.

DForev

Okay, just tested some other things out. Been trying out some different post CB combos and here are my findings. Some combos are stuff we've already touched on before. Dmg is HCH with 93 dmg pre (and including) CB (the 66k 8p 6k 6p+k combo):

Power Blow: 80 HCH dmg without wall; total 173 HCH dmg with pre-CB combo above
(The PB is a good reference point I feel for post CB combos)
1. :P+K::6::P::P::6::K::8::P: :2::H+P: = 88 HCH dmg; total 181 HCH dmg (works on lights and mids, but is a bitch to land the :2::H+P:. If you whiff that part, you get 68 (or a bit less) HCH dmg only and are kinda vulnerable. You can't hit into walls either)
2. :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K::8::P: :2::H+P: = 85 HCH dmg; total 178 HCH dmg (same problem with previous combo)
3. :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :426::H+P: = 85 HCH dmg without wall; total 178 HCH dmg (only works on light weights)
4. :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :3::3::K::P: = 82 HCH dmg without wall; total 175 HCH dmg (works on lights and mids, and if you're really close to the wall, can get added wall dmg too)
5. :P+K: :6::P::P::6::K: :H+P: = 78 HCH dmg; total 171 HCH dmg (I really want to say this works on heavy weights too, but my memory is fuzzy now after training. This definitely works on lights and mids though.)
6. :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :H+P: = 75 HCH dmge; total 168 HCH dmg (This one works on heavies, mids and lights)
7. :P+K: :426::H+P: = 74 HCH dmg without wall; total 167 HCH dmg (works on heavies, mids and lights)

That's all I jotted down for the post-CB combos. And apparently the forum emoticons have half circle forward movement wrongly listed, but I hope you know it is supposed to be half circle forward. And I guess, only 1 really new combo, but the rest are pretty good anyway.

Edit: Removed speculation

Edit: Removed other speculation

Other possible post-CB combos I didn't try:
:9::K: :9::P::K: :3::3::K::P: (and the P+K version in place of 9K)
:9::K: :9::P::K: :3_::P::P: (and the P+K version in place of 9K)

shinryu

No shit? That's cool! f+k seemed kind of useless in this game except as a not super-safe poke. Do you know what damage with revision is though? If it's not at least 5 better than 6f+k it's not going to be better overall; in general the you should always get the 30 point ground throw and the air throw is 25, so it's going to have to do a lot more damage than 6f+k to make that up. I want to say 6f+k is 25 or 30 points and f+k is like 25, so I'm not sure it totals out better. It might be better up against a wall, though, can you still get a ground throw after an air throw if you're close to the wall? Interesting find anyway.

DForev

Actually, it's 50/50. Because I set the counters as high counter, it unfortunately counted the delayed f+k as a HCH, which it would never be (it also does this to 6f+k). It's part of the reason I don't like setting the counter dmg.

So no, 6f+k 2f+p is the better option when delayed as it does 65 combined normal dmg where the f+k f+p does 57 normal dmg. It'll always be normal since it's not like the opponent can do anything to make it a CH or HCH.

If you want to link them though with kk, the launch into air grab does more dmg. Overall though the delayed 6f+k 2f+p is still the more damaging combo, so no real reason to use the one I said. I will delete that part of my post in hopes of not confusing others.

TRI Mike

Those are pretty but not practical. He/She seems to like to end juggles with flashy attacks rather than damaging strings.

BTW Eater, the other day online I saw you using a juggle with 6PP6K~PPK, it that better than using the air throw¿ I haven't had time to test it.

shinryu

Couple of good tricks in there though; is that 3k after the advanced mid kick hold guaranteed? Also, looks like you can pop up with 33p after a backturned stun. It doesn't look like it combos so I do wonder if it's really guaranteed to hit.

Darth Lotonic X

BTW Eater, the other day online I saw you using a juggle with 6PP6K~PPK, it that better than using the air throw¿ I haven't had time to test it.

6 less on NH.
2 less on CH.
3 more on HCH

I use this on walls for medium weight characters.

Couple of good tricks in there though; is that 3k after the advanced mid kick hold guaranteed? Also, looks like you can pop up with 33p after a backturned stun. It doesn't look like it combos so I do wonder if it's really guaranteed to hit.

Only guaranteed option I've found for that was 6PPP+K if the opponents back is to a wall. Discourages mid wake-up kicks after a wall hit.

Doa_Eater

Pretty much what Darth said, getting some extra damage from explosions and danger zones. Doesn't work on heavy and on light you got giant swing.

shinryu

I tried some of those combos and no, not so much. 3k doesn't work after advanced mid kick hold. f+k to air throw giant swing after kk or bt k is nifty though, highest damage option especially with environmental damage. Might be worth it vs. force techs in some situations and you can always run them down anyway. Forgot to try the launch after kk with 33p but I'm guessing it's not going to be guaranteed for bt k for sure as they can struggle out and block 6f+k for sure. Since f+k works for sure unless it's a weight class issue this might not be worth it, and launcher plus juggle needs to outdo 40 damage anyway to be better than 6f+k and ground throw. Or more like 65 from the BT k setup.

shinryu

So, tested the 33p after kk and BT k. No good after BT k, but should be unblockable after kk. No real reason to do this over 6f+k unless you can hit the giant swing; this is 66 points of damage before environmental effects, vs 65 for the 6f+k 2f+p combination. In the right location though that could be quite nasty.

However: a dash up 3k will actually hit and hit backturned after kk. If they don't stagger escape it will just combo and add 10 or so points to your launcher and juggle damage. I think the threshold is too high but you might be able to 8p to CB? Need to test this for sure, but whatever you do from the stun should be unholdable. I'm not 100% if this is blockable on fastest stagger escape but on fast it will actually hit in their recovery and start a new combo. This is a bitch to time but a glorious thing when it hits, as now you can do whatever you'd like. 8p is a nice option, should give you a guaranteed 214p or 33k to appropriate followups. This can boost the damage of a kk combo towards 120 or more points if it works out. A dash up 4k should work but I think you're kind of just running mixups after that, I don't know if a 4k after the dash up 3k hits clean gives you any combo options. I'd like to test crouch dash to hold 3p and see if that works as well. Might be easier to land and gives a throw setup as well.

Django

am sticking to stagger escape fastest only combos getting tired of people blocking my :8::P: sitdown into,:6::P+K: CB :mad:
8P, 3P to keep stun.
8P, 33K for launcher.

shinryu

am sticking to stagger escape fastest only combos getting tired of people blocking my :8::P: sitdown into,:6::P+K: CB :mad:
8P, 3P to keep stun.
8P, 33K for launcher.

Yep. But the 8p stun from turnaround or limbo is longer, I'm not certain but I think CB might be guaranteed. I'll test and see for sure. If it works from limbo I think it should work from 3k assuming the stun threshold is sufficient.

DForev

Hmm, love that you can use the taunt to launch. But that got me thinking, maybe we can use the air punch taunt to counter fast jabs/mids at the beginning of rounds? I asked in the other thread what you guys use at the beginning of fights, and maybe this could be added too. I've tested it briefly, and the taunt hits when someone is pressuring you (dashing at you), and since you can taunt before the fight begins, if you time it right, you should theoretically get a hit in before they hit you. Unless I'm missing something.

It won't work if they aren't pressuring you, and of course, since it's at 31 frames, it can be telegraphed. But for people who have no idea what's happening, you get a free launch. And if it means they give you space in the next round, that's good by me. I haven't tested this online yet though.

Side-stepping is probably still the best option though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD