Tina combo thread

shinryu

Ok, so a bit more on 3k/4k after kk:

Input is basically 663k, dash then put the kick in almost immediately. You can pause to hit confirm, if you continue the combo go ahead and launch with 33k or use 6f+k to knockdown. Advantage is +21 against a fastest stagger escape I think, so 33p doesn't work.

If the 3k hits clean, you should actually be able to start a full new combo. 3kk to 8p works, but unfortunately while you theoretically should be able to CB after 8p the range is pretty bad, so if they're stagger escaping at all it probably won't work. You may have to settle for a 33k launch or 236p/6f+k hard knockdown to force tech. On the upside, this should be doing a great deal of damage as everything is revised upwards for backturned. 3kp will give you better position but they can hold after that stun as they're no longer backturned. This may be enough of a brain fuck they won't try to hold 8p though and, you know, throws.

I think it's worth doing as a standard followup if you get it down; in the worst case scenario you're blocked and safe, and it's an extra 10 points of damage to your 6f+k/33k followup combo if they don't try to escape. If they do, you'll hit them clean.

Dash up 4k works nicely but it's a shenanigan setup; you're in good position to mix BT p+k or BT 8f+p. I don't think other BT moves will even reach if it hits clean though BT 4p comes to mind. I'll have to check that.

After BT k it really doesn't get much better than 6f+k, unfortunately. However, on the off chance you're fighting someone who can actually stagger escape that followup, a 46p will guard break nicely. If they fail at staggering it will hit with the backturn revision and you can run up for the ground throw or mixup if they tech.

TRI Mike

Don't ever try the taunt-before-round-starts shit. People have been trying that since past games and it's just not viable, lol

Renarism

:1::P: (on stun), :4::K:, :7::K:, :6::P+K:(critical burst), :3::3: :P:, :6_::P::P::K:, :426::F: (personal favorite)
:1::P: (on stun), :4::K:, :7::K:, :6::P+K:(critical burst), :3::3: :P:, :6_::P::P::K:, :6::P::P::2::K:, :2::F:
:1::P: (on stun), :4::K:, :7::K:, :6::P+K:(critical burst), :3::3: :P:, :6_::P::P::K:, :P::P::K:, :6::6::F: (only if they tech)
:1::P: (on stun), :4::K:, :7::K:, :6::P+K:(critical burst), :3::3: :P:, :6_::P::P::K:, :8::P:, :2::F:
:1::P: (on stun), :4::K:, :7::P: , :6::P+K:(critical burst), :3::3: :P:, :6_::P::P::K:, :426::F:
:1::P: (on stun), :3::K:, :9::P:, :6::P+K:(critical burst), :3::3: :P:, :6_::P::P::K:, :426::F:

Caster Shell

Which launcher sends the enemy higher? Is it :9::K: or :3::3::P:? I know :9::K: does a bit more damage, but does it give a higher launch than :3::3::P:? Was just wondering. They seem about the same.

Doa_Eater

I use 9k just because it's simpler and more conventional to me, and i will test the setup from the last message. Also nice combos Renarism, already using them.

PacManila

I also want to add that after 1P on counter, 6P is the only guaranteed follow-up if the opponent does not throw out a hold. You can slow escape the stun quick enough to block the 4K or 3K follow-up.

shinryu

Is escape to guarding 4k fast, or fastest? Humans are going to have a real hard time getting out if 4k requires fastest escape (which it must).

Don't use 6pp2k 2f+p. Bad idea. Use 6pp6k 8p to pseudo force tech. However you slice it it's a winner. I don't know if using 6ppk after the launch will get you that or if you have to substitute 9pk, but it should work and will barely lose any damage over other juggles.

TRI Mike

9K actually launches higher that 33p, but it only really makes a difference with 6PP6K, F+P on Bass/Bayman.

It doesn't actually launch higher. Once the opponent is in CB all launchers will be the same. 9K is better because it recovers Tina faster than 33P. That's why some of her long juggles-into-airgrabs seem easier to land if she lauches with 9K. Same happens with P+K as a launcher.

Django

if only P hits of KP and turns them around,
K[P], 8P, 66K, 6P+K (CB)
K[P] (unholdable in closed stance), 8P (longer sitdown caues of back hit), 66K (sitdown caues hit them in crouch cause of last sitdown), 6P+K (CB)
This is a100% guarantee CB combo, you can't slow escape or hold out it.
Enjoy :)

Koompbala

if only P hits of KP and turns them around,
K[P], 8P, 66K, 6P+K (CB)
K[P] (unholdable when turns around), 8P (longer sitdown caues of back hit), 66K (sitdown caues hit them in crouch cause of last sitdown), 6P+K (CB)
This is a100% guarantee CB combo, you can't slow escape or hold out it.
Enjoy :)

Nice combo.

P of KP does limbo stun every time in closed stance. Same with Busa that PP out of ninpo stance gotta be in open stance in ninpo for PP to limbo.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
So i'm sitting at work and trying to think of combo potential with no real way to test anything out ATM.

When putting the opponent through a breakable, can you get away with stuff like 2P+KP, 66PPK, 2T? Can you get anything bigger like 6PP6K, PPK, 2T?

Koompbala

So i'm sitting at work and trying to think of combo potential with no real way to test anything out ATM.

When putting the opponent through a breakable, can you get away with stuff like 2P+KP, 66PPK, 2T? Can you get anything bigger like 6PP6K, PPK, 2T?
Probably depending on the recovery of the move that you did to knock the opponent in said object. There's a flaw with that logic though. Her elbow is shit for launching. Her only decent mid launcher is 33P. Which you can get the bigger combos from.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Probably depending on the recovery of the move that you did to knock the opponent in said object. There's a flaw with that logic though. Her elbow is shit for launching. Her only decent mid launcher is 33P. Which you can get the bigger combos from.
Right, but my thought process is that Tina doesn't have anything to advance her forward if the breakable is far away other than 2P+K. 2P+KP does put them into a bounce with juggle potential.

Koompbala

Right, but my thought process is that Tina doesn't have anything to advance her forward if the breakable is far away other than 2P+K. 2P+KP does put them into a bounce with juggle potential.
Ah, yes good thinking it's starting to bring me back. To how serious I was with her during vanilla. Well considering you have a knack for combos of course you're on the right track hahaha. So I was messing around with breakable objects and her limbo stun. This is vanilla of course all these examples I'm giving. I unfortunately don't have time to game even a little. Anyway I would knock the opponent into a latern in the ruins stage. I sometimes would get limbo sometimes not. My personal results were inconclusive. Stance didn't matter maybe you can make something of this though? Her only limbo being K,(P) of course. I know after you land her PK attack throw you can roll over the opponent every time. That being said you might be able to find a way to roll behind the opponent and launch with her elbow. Which does give a decent launch with opponents back facing.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Oh snap, PKT allows, for a lack of a better term, a cross up?

For the limbo stun, stance is what determines if you get the limbo or not. You have to be in an open stance for it to work. An open stance is when you and the opponent both have your chest to the screen or both of you have your chest to the background.

Koompbala

Oh snap, PKT allows, for a lack of a better term, a cross up?

For the limbo stun, stance is what determines if you get the limbo or not. You have to be in an open stance for it to work. An open stance is when you and the opponent both have your chest to the screen or both of you have your chest to the background.
A cross up on -4, but hopefully you'll keep that here ;). While I don't expect you to lie if someone asks. But hopefully you won't just go blurting that out everywhere. You're not understanding me though. I didn't make it clear I think. I did a move with little recovery. Knocked opponent into lantern. Whiffed the K would sometimes limbo with P (regardless) of stance. Yeah in a open environment nothing in the way she will limbo in the same particular stance no matter what. What I found with objects is its random. Maybe you can find some consistency though?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD