Tina's best moves

Koompbala

Thats a shame..... I'm trying to use it the same way I use Mila's mount..... if I'm at the bottom of an incline then I'l use Giant swing.

Trying to be more aware of my surroundings.

Which brings me to another move I've been experimenting with: 236P.
Tina's got long recovery in her most powerful strikes..... 236P is no different but she is still traveling forward after it connects, I haven't tried it yet but theoretically speaking this move seems ideal for allowing me to be closer to the sit down stun after they crash into the Stage Hazards.

I also wana give a shout out to 2K..... the only kick of Tina's that doesn't slam the opponent into the all (not counting launchers) that I know of and in stun it doesn't lower the opponents profile the same way 1P and 1K does.

Her Giant Swing is good from her wake up tackle and 46T but I'm saying. It's not all that great for combos. Keeping them in your space is ideal not far away. When you reach higher levels of play. You'll understand what I'm getting at. Until then do keep using it.

236P is shit it's highly negative always been negative honestly. I'm never out of range for a SDS. If you find yourself out of range (a lot) there's something wrong. Usually I'm ready to launch with 33P right away. Anyway 236P it is good for easy timing combos off of environmental stuff. Like for Hot Zone the rocket interaction. Instead of dashing into 66PPK and possibly dropping it. You can opt for a 236P for a little extra damage. Free ground grab with no tech and massive advantage if they do tech.

Her low stuns suck all of them even 2K. They are easily SE'able, 1P if it's a stun starter is a frame trap at best upon SE.

Lulu

Her Giant Swing is good from her wake up tackle and 46T but I'm saying. It's not all that great for combos. Keeping them in your space is ideal not far away. When you reach higher levels of play. You'll understand what I'm getting at. Until then do keep using it.

236P is shit it's highly negative always been negative honestly. I'm never out of range for a SDS. If you find yourself out of range (a lot) there's something wrong. Usually I'm ready to launch with 33P right away. Anyway 236P it is good for easy timing combos off of environmental stuff. Like for Hot Zone the rocket interaction. Instead of dashing into 66PPK and possibly dropping it. You can opt for a 236P for a little extra damage. Free ground grab with no tech and massive advantage if they do tech.

Her low stuns suck all of them even 2K. They are easily SE'able, 1P if it's a stun starter is a frame trap at best upon SE.

Oh I mean the the Types of SDS you get when you send your opponent into a stage hazard.... I barely make it there in time when I use her other knock backs, especially giant swing. So I'm trying to get closer, yeah I noticed how negative it is on block..... but it is kinda interesting on Hold, its one of those unorthodox moves that Team Ninja forgot to program a hold animation for so instead you get the Side Step hold..... and as I mentioned before 236 P has some serious milage in how far it travels.... you have to chase it to punish it. Hopefully that obscures exactly how much advantage your opponent has on hold for this move.

as for her Low Stuns.... I just wanted more mix up options and something I can use against a wall.... 2K does that nicely.... but yeah they do Stagger Escape it..... luckily stagger escaping is poorly implemented in DoA, they might wind up crouching guarding by accident.
I don't bother with the mechanic at all because sometimes I hold by accident...... and it shaves the hell out of my thumb sticks.
Unfortunately must hold set ups are not my specialty.... I noticed alot of them require Counter Hits.... and Tina isn't exactly a Counter Offensive character.

You're right.... keeping close works better for her..... but I do have a few zoning tricks I like toying with.... I get I surprizing amount of counter hits with her 4K, which nice because that gives me access to my only 11 Frame mid, BT 7K, and I think landing this kick on already stunned opponent always gives a falling crumple stun, which is a must hold :), and from there its tricky because I'm at the Threshold and theres not alot options...... but I still have trouble pushing my opponent back for space (retreating is not an option).... so far I've been getting by with 2 H+K because its good on block and on hit.... but its slow.

Koompbala

Oh I mean the the Types of SDS you get when you send your opponent into a stage hazard.... I barely make it there in time when I use her other knock backs, especially giant swing. So I'm trying to get closer, yeah I noticed how negative it is on block..... but it is kinda interesting on Hold, its one of those unorthodox moves that Team Ninja forgot to program a hold animation for so instead you get the Side Step hold..... and as I mentioned before 236 P has some serious milage in how far it travels.... you have to chase it to punish it. Hopefully that obscures exactly how much advantage your opponent has on hold for this move.

I know you are, I'm talking about that too. If you're too far away, you're doing something wrong. In my case I'm almost never too far away. I'm always ready to launch with 33P immediately. Giant swing doesn't give her anything. She's too busy recovering from her own move. You can't get anything off of it. In terms of damage yeah a PPK is less. But that PPK gives you much more in the end.

Lulu

I am ? Hmmm the thing is I am still trying to nail down the timing to buffer in the forward run to chase after them.... I should probably work on that 1st.

As for PPK... they don't go anywhere with PPK. They just drop to the ground in front of me. I usually opt for her 4/6 Air Throw......
I should probably stop doing that because sometimes I corner myself when I use it on the wrong side (thats why I started with Giant Swing).... I have been neglecting my wall splat combos.... maybe 66PPK would be better.

Koompbala

I am ? Hmmm the thing is I am still trying to nail down the timing to buffer in the forward run to chase after them.... I should probably work on that 1st.

As for PPK... they don't go anywhere with PPK. They just drop to the ground in front of me. I usually opt for her 4/6 Air Throw......
I should probably stop doing that because sometimes I corner myself when I use it on the wrong side (thats why I started with Giant Swing).... I have been neglecting my wall splat combos.... maybe 66PPK would be better.

No 66PPK is also crap. It's good that you're trying to come up with new solutions. But that's her worst option. Here more shameless advertising of my own videos. Check this out maybe it will sink in when you see this.

Lulu

LoL.... she has a gun.... but no pants... LOL.

Anyway that certainly does seem affective, I actually use to play like that, but I play against the AI and it doesn't punish me enough.... so I play slower and use other moves..... if by some miracle I play an actual human opponent atleast I'l have the flexibility.....

Oh that reminds me.... does that wall in the home stage, the wall on the right, does it always collapse like that ? Or does it only do that if both characters are near it ?
I could've sworn that if you plant someone into it from further away you can get a Sit Down Stun

Koompbala

LoL.... she has a gun.... but no pants... LOL.

Anyway that certainly does seem affective, I actually use to play like that, but I play against the AI and it doesn't punish me enough.... so I play slower and use other moves..... if by some miracle I play an actual human opponent atleast I'l have the flexibility.....

Oh that reminds me.... does that wall in the home stage, the wall on the right, does it always collapse like that ? Or does it only do that if both characters are near it ?
I could've sworn that if you plant someone into it from further away you can get a Sit Down Stun

PPK would of worked if I went for that. But yes that wall always does that. It's the other wall that gives a SDS.

Lulu

Oh okay good.... I thought I was doing it wrong.

I don't test these things in Training Mode.... I test them as I play normal VS. Mode. So I get shaky on the details sometimes. But I think its better that way..... I get to see how how everything I've learned comes together under uncontrolled conditions.

Lulu

LoL..... why didn't you tell me 6K works just fine on walls ?

Edit: okay so juggling is not Tina's specialty, and she doesn't benefit as much from a hard knock down like Mila.... plus her :8::P: is slower than I initially thought...... so I'm going to try Pouncing. I'm assuming its active as soon as an opponent gets launched and since My Giant Swing doesn't always connect I figured why not go for it.

Last edited:

Dragon_Reaper_85

Standard Donor
No 66PPK is also crap. It's good that you're trying to come up with new solutions. But that's her worst option. Here more shameless advertising of my own videos. Check this out maybe it will sink in when you see this.

Wow I forgot about this match lol man

Lulu

Uhm.... the Arrow Kick:2::3::6::K: and Shoulder Tackle :4::6::P: are God Awful Whiff Punishing Tools.

Technically you're suppose to Punish with Tina's Throws, if someone whiff's a move you're expected to dash in and Throw them but this results in unintentional Offensive Holds and Tina's Throw reach is nothing special. Ayane is far better at this type of thing than Tina is.

You're Striking Option is to quickly use :6::H+K:.... its not fast enough to use on reaction so you kinda have to sort of anticipated or bait a whiff to use this move. Its Unsafe... luckily its not easy to Strike Punish if fails. And really this the only option. Nothing else is fast enough or has enough reach to whiff punish any character whos reach is better than Tina's. Normally I like to Play my Tina nice and close.... she's just fast enough to make this strategy work.... I'm still working playing from mid range.

Lulu

So... I know this isn't one of Tina's best moves but has anyone found some cool uses for :6::4::6::H+P+K: ?

Obviously we all know that this is what you use after Tina's altetnate critical burst.... but I was bored one day and I decided to land this after a Power Launcher and its not a Bad relauncher.... nor is it a great one... but its Awesome to be able to Taunt and still combo after wards. :)

I also noticed that sometimes this move will Connect if the opponent Hold's right next to you..... the accompanying Dialogue helps bait those Holds..... it could make for great set ups if only there was some consitency to it.

Quick Update: Forget that last part...:6::4::6::H+P+K: will Connect after:6::6::K: on counter hit. Isn't that Awesome ? :) now I can Giant Swing Midweights after Juggling them.

Edit: God Damnit !!! :mad: Turns out this sh!t was already discovered. THREE YEARS AGO..... I dug it up in one of the older threads.

LoL.... looks likes Crazy Steady has been holding out on us. What else is he not telling us ? Hmmmmmm......

Last edited:

Lulu

So studying :6::4::6::H+P+K: has led to some interesting things.

Remember :7::P::P::P: ? The one and only Critical Burst that allows Tina to nail that Taunt Launcher..... some of you already know its a Frame Trap.....

I just recently found out the 2nd punch cannot be Counter Hit on Block.... its completely Contestable. :). Its also Delayable. Still though... despite all the benefits its just too risky.

Lulu

Tina's Top 10

1) :7::P::P::P: and :6::6::K: and :6::4::6::H+P+K: - I like all three of these Moves for the Same Reason.... TAUNT COMBOS !!! :6::6::K: Is also good because it goes directly to CL2 when you use it right after the first stun, particularly effective vs. Superlight Weights

2) :4::K: - Technically Safe, Fast High Crush and Grants Access to Some Lethal BT Options.... this move use to be Legendary before it got nerfed.

3) :K::P: - Limbo Stun.... need I Say more ?

4) :6::4::F::5::2::F::5::8::F: - I'm so greedy that I'm willing to risk this throw getting broken just for the extra 3 points of damage on High Counter. On the plus side.... does 110 on Normal...

5) Air :4::F: - Not the most cool looking throws but its Utility is awesome.... albeit Situational.

6) Jump Kick :h:olds - The Jump Kick :h:old is a Superior version her Giant Swing because it recovers faster.

7) :4::6::[F]::5::426::F: - Need to Throw someone into a Dangerzone ? This offensive hold will get the job done..... its very predictable though.

8) :6::F: to Foes Back - I just love the animation.... The Oki and Wall Hit are great bonuses.

9) Running :F: Shining Wizard - DoA Classic Tactics.... run up and Throw. This throw is a Thrill Seeker's Wet Dream.

10) :3::3::H+K: - First time I saw this move I thought Tina was gonna Fly away... that animation really is exaggerated but super cool. Tina gets great Utility from her Power Launcher in nearly every scenario.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD