DOA5U Tina's DOA5U frame data

Intelligent Alpha

Throw whiff setups? Now, it could just be you couldn't get them in time, but you came with strikes later and connected. How useful in this in an actual fight? (Not just with Tina).

ie: Kokoro vs. Bass:

Her :2::H+P: vs. his :P::P::P: (I presume that's all high). Disregarding Koko's hitstun/recovery time, wouldn't it be safer for her to low throw air since on a low hold, she would get punished (Normal vs. HiC damage from Bass). That's considered ducking as well - imo.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The funny thing about these silly looking setups is they actually work quite well. While leaving the opponent to believe you don't know what you're doing...

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Throw whiff setups? Now, it could just be you couldn't get them in time, but you came with strikes later and connected. How useful in this in an actual fight? (Not just with Tina).

ie: Kokoro vs. Bass:

Her :2::H+P: vs. his :P::P::P: (I presume that's all high). Disregarding Koko's hitstun/recovery time, wouldn't it be safer for her to low throw air since on a low hold, she would get punished (Normal vs. HiC damage from Bass). That's considered ducking as well - imo.

Could you explain this a little further, please?

Some cool set ups here.

Pfft, clearly no one knows about the Bass blender. We had this shit on lockdown from day 1.

But seriously, cool find anyway. I was hoping to know how you can do a blender setup with Tina.

Intelligent Alpha

@UncleKitchener: It's hypothetical, but I'll try my best.

When I'm playing as Alpha, players notice that I crouch alot (for good reason). Given how I love to Throw Punish, hold low - 2T or 8T (I adjust according to what you expect and there are more options; I just use those frequently - 2H+K setting all of that up). I'm saying to grab low for the sake of doing so, to set something up. (Like Tina does in the video) It's hard to tell though because Hayate is a dummy - not an actual player - in which case, I doubt you could gauge by animating him (CPU)

If I'm doing the grabbing motion "senselessly" - I usually get this response: "You want those damn throws!" What players don't realize is that I may want something else. If I get the other item + the throw, that is just a bonus! It looks like this is what Tina was going for in the video. IOW, get the opponent to think Throw, but don't do it!

For Alpha: :9::P: (Fake), :2::H+K: sets up :T:(:2:, :8:, :3:, :3::3:, :236::236:and :214::426:). Yet, :T:(:2:, :3:, :3::3:) set up more strikes (or the aforementioned throws if holds are spammed).

It's the inverse of setting up throws from strikes on hit or whiff. Setting up strikes from intentionally whiffed throws (the grabbing animation portion.)

EDIT: Alpha was the best character for me to use to explain the scenario.

PacManila

Some cool set ups here.

Not quite sure where this person is getting their frame data from. Her juggles ending with 6PPP to ground throw leaves her at neutral as I mentioned before. I tested this in the past so the throw whiff basically recovers around the same time the opponent recovers from the quick tech.

I tried the wall splats here and I was still left in negatives, mostly -5 with the lowest being -2. Maybe someone can replicate the uploader's results, but that's what I got :/

*Edit: Messed around with the wall splats some more. I guess I was doing 6T too slow. It looks like you have to do 6T as quick as possible and wait for a split second before going into her low/ground throw. While doing the low/ground throw as quickly as possible will put you at a small advantage when they tech regardless if you wait that split second, if the opponent chooses to just lay there, you'll end up with just a whiffed low throw on a grounded opponent instead of a ground throw.

**Edit: Ok, so I tried it with more characters and in different stages and it feels inconsistent :/. Even when I record Tina to do the whiffed throws the fastest possible, I was able to jab out of it. Maybe you'll have better luck with it Sly :confused:

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Not quite sure where this person is getting their frame data from. Her juggles ending with 6PPP to ground throw leaves her at neutral as I mentioned before. I tested this in the past so the throw whiff basically recovers around the same time the opponent recovers from the quick tech.

I tried the wall splats here and I was still left in negatives, mostly -5 with the lowest being -2. Maybe someone can replicate the uploader's results, but that's what I got :/
I'll try this stuff this weekend.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor

*Edit: Messed around with the wall splats some more. I guess I was doing 6T too slow. It looks like you have to do 6T as quick as possible and wait for a split second before going into her low/ground throw. While doing the low/ground throw as quickly as possible will put you at a small advantage when they tech regardless if you wait that split second, if the opponent chooses to just lay there, you'll end up with just a whiffed low throw on a grounded opponent instead of a ground throw.

**Edit: Ok, so I tried it with more characters and in different stages and it feels inconsistent :/. Even when I record Tina to do the whiffed throws the fastest possible, I was able to jab out of it. Maybe you'll have better luck with it Sly :confused:
The video checks out. You're at +3. You have to buffer everything in perfectly to get that advantage though.

PacManila

Every time I do the juggle (not the one that wall splats, the midscreen one). I always get neutral. It's not just the frame data shown either since I'll still get beat out by a jab if my move is slightly slower :/

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
@UncleKitchener: It's hypothetical, but I'll try

This setup is specifically for characters with ground grabs. This setup is pointless for your character because if an opponent decided to stay on ground and you whiff your low throw, then non of you are really getting anything out of this and you might even put yourself at a worse position and have to deal with WUKs.

Intelligent Alpha

This setup is specifically for characters with ground grabs. This setup is pointless for your character because if an opponent decided to stay on ground and you whiff your low throw, then non of you are really getting anything out of this and you might even put yourself at a worse position and have to deal with WUKs.

Oh, okay! Thanks!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD