DOA5U Tips and tricks for Jacky

Lulu

In a general sense, he's one of the harder characters to play with via the online play. Most of his setups can be dropped by a simple delay. You could practice the timing in the lab but then immediately drop it online due to the connectivity and the console running slower online to at least be playable. It may feel as if it's still perfect compared to the Lab, but that alone is deceptive and can really shape the way the matches go. You could perform a comeback, but you could also be in a scenario to where your Flash Sword Kick didn't come out or you performed the Kick Cancel instead because you've gotten use to the offline lab version.

This may be one of the causes as to why there isn't much Jacky players to begin with, most of his important approaches have to be well timed and not as lenient as Phase 4 or Kasumi, simply because they have the buttons for offensive ideas, Jacky's approach is a little less then that but more theory in mind. There are those that hit the lab and without realizing that the online delay can literally drop combos and they blame themselves for that. This is understandable and reasonable because it's part of the unknown and they are likely not informed of the online game. This could be true or likely to be not true since it depends on players, but it is without a doubt true that most setups can be really dropped from a simple delay for Jacky. Jacky on a 1-2 bar or random spikes is likely to be a nightmare for him unless he's dealing with a not so intelligent opponent.

LoL.... I don't play online..... 3 Second Lag on a good day and A crapton of disconnects on a bad one.

I as actually comparing his Slide Shuffle Input from the one he has in Virtual Fighter. Its a fast move ergo they gave it a fast way of imputing it.... Team Ninja decided to ignore that and turned what was originally a one step process into a two step one.... which I think is lame since the slide on parryies one single type of attack.... I'm surprised they didn't do the same thing with his Pak Sao.
Its the same story with Sarah.

The Flash Sword Kick I don't have a problem with..... its a quick move with a quick input.... and it doesn't hurt (other than my head aches) when I try to perform it. His Slide Shuffle should have been like that.

Lulu

Anyway.... what do you call that Special Bounce Jacky's Heel Sword:4::H+K: puts the opponent in ?
LoL the "Stand Up Bounce" ?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Anyway.... what do you call that Special Bounce Jacky's Heel Sword:4::H+K: puts the opponent in ?
LoL the "Stand Up Bounce" ?

Curl Bound. Exclusive to Jacky for the time being for the time being in DOA. There's 2 different names via the VF forums but I hear it's more common calling it the Curl Bound because they curl back up from facing down and back up.

Lulu

Curl Bound. Exclusive to Jacky for the time being for the time being in DOA. There's 2 different names via the VF forums but I hear it's more common calling it the Curl Bound because they curl back up from facing down and back up.

LoL... whats the other Name ? :)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
LoL... whats the other Name ? :)

I believe it's called a Heavy Bound. Might want to check over that to be sure but I can see why most would call it a Curl Bound instead. Jacky and many other fighters over there have this type of animation, but so far for DOA, only Jacky has access to that.

Lulu

I believe it's called a Heavy Bound. Might want to check over that to be sure but I can see why most would call it a Curl Bound instead. Jacky and many other fighters over there have this type of animation, but so far for DOA, only Jacky has access to that.

Thanks..... man I was really hoping all the VF Guest Characters had it. Especially Sarah, Bounding Characters are Actually uncharted Territory for me.... my only experience with them is Mila...
Thats what makes playing Jacky so much fun.... he's go like 3 Bounding Moves and 3 Rebounding moves....

That Heel Sword and Beat Back Knuckle just cuts everybody down to size..... I actually used it in The Double Danger Zone in Scramble Yesterday. LoL so much fun.

He is by far the most Charasmatic Character in both DoA and VF..... thats what I'm gona call him from now on: "Captain Charisma" ;)

Lulu

What do you call that Type of Bounce Jacky's :8::P+K::P: and :4::6::H+K: puts his opponents in ?

You know... the one where they Float Backwards in Slow Motion ?

Lulu

Bound stun or float stun I believe. Not 100% sure though.

LoL.... I like that one.... its hilarious....
Anyway it seems to to be "related" to one of the Sit Downs too.... the one with alot of push back.

I just thought that was interesting.... that plus its crazy how Jacky can get a nice juggle from it.

Lulu

@KING JAIMY
I have returned from my lengthy voyage to the distant land of Virtua Fighter and I have brought with me gifts fit for a King. ;)
Behold..... The Flash Sword Kick Execution Thread.

Now its not not actually finnished yet so bare with me for a while your Highness

I also didn't want to clutter up your guide because its still not clear how this would be helpfull in DoA just yet. Anyway.... there it is... for anybody who is curious.

Edit : So the Flash Sword Kick Analysis is technically Finished..... but I'm going to try to expand on it if I find anything new.

Last edited:

Lulu

Whew !!!! I've mastered the 1st Level of The Consecutive Flash Sword Kick......... 3 more to go until I get my Black Belt. :)

KING JAIMY

No-timing force tech setups:

3H+K / 1P+KPK knockdown gives Jacky a no-timing 4P2K force tech which grants him +16 frame advantage if the opponent misses the tech roll. Also after 4KKK you can do 1H+K for +14 frame advantage or 6H+K for +19 frame advantage to force tech them back up if they miss the tech. CH 3K > 3K > P (whiff) > 6H+K works too for +20 frame advantage or CH 3K > 3K > P (whiff) > 1H+K for +14 frame advantage. Whiffing the P makes these two setups no-timing.

I will add these setups later to my guide. Just posting them here quickly so that I won't forget them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD