Top 10 Gen Fu Moves

Fome

Seeing as this is the smallest character sub forum, I think we'll need to step things up. Although I am a new DOA5 player coming from VF5FS, I'd like to make a consolidated Gen Fu "best moves" thread to discuss the most useful moves and their properties, since the training mode really doesn't explain a lot of move properties. If others can help submit their favorite moves and explain why, I will add them to the first post and put together an organized list.

I'll start with 8P. Now, remember I'm new at this game so my observations may not be entirely accurate--please feel free to correct me. This moves seems fairly fast, has some evasive properties, and juggles on counter hit for an easy 6PPP combo. Causes stun on normal hit, so you can then either go for a launcher like K+G or try to critical burst them.

TRI Mike

- 6PPP+K seems like a great juggle. But I'm sure he has better.
- 8K is a good launcher just like H+K and 33P (which seems to go under highs).
- 1P has great range and stuns easily in CH and HCH.
- 4P6PP is a very good and very fast stun string that makes it very easy to Critical Burst for MASSIVE damage.
- 236P+H is definitely his best throw, a super launcher that gives him great juggle options and gives him a free power blow on stages with ceiling.
- 214P+H is another good throw that gives him some advantage to keep pressure.
- Both of his parries.

Fome

Thanks for the moves :) Concerning 4P6PP, I was trying this against the CPU set to counter hold mid punches at varying speeds, and no matter what the CPU could not hold this string. Could someone confirm if this is true against human players? If so, this would definitely be the go-to move to land a critical burst without worrying about getting held trying to build critical stun.

TRI Mike

That's probably because it's an unholdable string. If that's the case then it automatically becomes one of Fu's best options.

GLoRToR

How do you enter BT (backturn) with him? I haven't found any move that turns you around so far.

brightgamer

Ok with the :4::P::6::P::P: on the second hit is guaranteed. So only the first and third punch of that string is holdable. And his :4::4::P: the only time I use that move is at the beginning of a round and I'm sure that my opponent is going to try and jab me with a fast frame jab.

avi

:1::K: amazing move puts him either at +2 +1 or +0 for best effect use at tip range. :4::4::P: is great when your opponent is against the wall, leaves you at +19, guarantees you :P+K: or :4::P:.:P+K: will wall splat giving a chance to fallow up with what ever you want. :F+K: prolly his best launcher since it cant be held and great against low wake ups. after you land a parry :8::P: or:9::P: will connect guaranteed. :8::P: has fallow ups such as :8::P::P::P: witch then maxes the stun thresh hold(after landing a parry) allowing for a CB fallow up. :9::P: 12 frame high does more damage and then can be fallowed up by :3::P::P: forcing your opponent into a sit down stun were you can either launch with :3_::P: witch i believe to be unholdable do to the sit down stun or go for a CB.
:236::F+P::5: :6::K: :5::8::P::5::6_::K::5::F+P: nice way to get some damage from the air throw and still catch your opponent for frame advantage. after you do catch them :K: is guaranteed and on hit puts you at -1 allowing you to keep the offensive. gen fu only has attacks in strings of 3 so most people will wait for you to finish your 3 hit string and go form there. however if you only do the first part or the first two parts then throw out :1::K: it will allow you to continuously pressure your opponent forcing him to either block everything or get counter hit. if you find some one loving the block button :214::F+P: will slap your opponent up and give you +10 to work with :3::K::P: is nice to do after this since it's one of his best mix ups. hope this helps

KidArk

4p6pp into 3p+k free crit burst 1 guess natural combo. 100 damage off a rogue mid? Best punish ingame if I've ever seen, guys can you check this out for mee I'm not 100% if it's a natural combo but I cet cpu react mid hold and it couldn't do it with stagger escape on fast

4p6pp into 3p+k free crit burst 1 guess natural combo. 100 damage off a rogue mid? Best punish ingame if I've ever seen, guys can you check this out for mee I'm not 100% if it's a natural combo but I cet cpu react mid hold and it couldn't do it with stagger escape on fast
The second hit in 46, 6PP causes a stun, so the dummy cannot use the reaction version of hold. Set the dummy to critical hold mid punch, with a fast or fastest speed to test the combo. Even if you land the entire combo, the final hit doesn't cause an unholdable stun, So truthfully, you can deny the critical burst attack by doing a mid punch hold.

To answer your question; The first two hits in 4P 6PP, are a natural combo.

TRI Mike

After a long while playing him:

:1::6::P:: By far his best punch. I use it a lot when the opponent is stunned for that close-hit bonus, also a great ender for juggles.
:214::H+P:: Excellent throw that deals nice damage and leaves him +frames.
:236::H+P:: Super launcher gives excellent juggle options, free PB on ceiling and +frames on aerial pick-up.
:3::P::P:: Great way to SDS into guaranteed damage.
:4::P+K:: Causes faint stun that gives free launcher.
:3:/:9::h:: Parries that guarantee lift stuns with :8::P: and :6::K:.
:2::P+K:: Fast launcher guaranteed after any of his unholdable stuns.
:3_::P:: Great relaunch tool in juggles.
:236::K:: Another relaunch tool. Sweet Revenge uses it a lot.

KwonJigglypuff

What's the point of his 7P ? It has the same animation as his 7K, the same speed, but doesn't deal any damage. Do you often use it ?

I like Gen Fu, he doesn't have many moves but he has so many tools. Guess that's the only way TN found to make sure some people use him.

Thanks @TRI Mike, didn't know 8P and 6K were guaranteed after his parries!

KING JAIMY

What's the point of his 7P ? It has the same animation as his 7K, the same speed, but doesn't deal any damage. Do you often use it ?
Probably to get away from wake-up kicks after finishing a combo or mindfucking opponents by alternating 7P with 7K.

My personal top 10 moves for Gen Fu: His whole movelist! Top tier old fart doesn't have any useless moves! ;)

Jokes aside, my top 10 would be (in no particular order):

3P(P)
6P(PP)
33P
16P
4P+K
2P+K46P
H+K
6_K
1P
41236T

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD