Top 10 moves

Codemaster92163

Standing jab is ridiculous for both whiff punishment and closing gaps due to the strings. I abuse it a bit too much though so people like to toss random lows out when I'm at mid to far range haha.

That's why I play footsies when I'm moving in. I just keep doing small dashes in both directions until I see them hit a button, then I jab. Usually it ends with me stunning them, lol.

Intelligent Alpha

I'm having an issue with the "Run up & grab" stuff! (Damn you, Master! XD) What pokes (kicks count, too imo) can beat it? Alpha's :3::3: or :6::6_::H+P: (people should just say O.B.O.R.O or Running O.B.O.R.O.) It's painfully easy to just "hit a button" to meaty (?) or stuff it - especially since there's that "skid to a halt" if you mistime the :T: input I know some good AA options, but if I decide not to use them.

Codemaster92163

If you're expecting a throw at any point, you might as well go for the :H+K: launch for the huge damage you'll get from it. If you're just wanting to poke, I recommend either using :6::P+K: to avoid OH's, throws and highs, or just the standard :P+K: due to its speed.

Intelligent Alpha

If you're expecting a throw at any point, you might as well go for the :H+K: launch for the huge damage you'll get from it. If you're just wanting to poke, I recommend either using :6::P+K: to avoid OH's, throws and highs, or just the standard :P+K: due to its speed.

Thanks! Btw, :H+K: is just a normal high kick; two consecutive ones (:H+K::H+K: or :H+K::K: - I prefer the former since its a mapped macro for me) And since the :P+K:s are mids (no one looks for anything else haha), I have tried :8::K: baits (single to full) Btw, :H+K: "launch" is actually either :3::H+K: or SS:K:

Intelligent Alpha

Who are you talking about using, Alpha? This is the Nyo forum =P

I'm talking about playing against Nyotengu! I wish there were discussions on how to play the other side of the coin as well. How to use (character) offensively, defensively; how to play against this character offensively, defensively? This could - should - go for every character discussed. Yes, I realize what these discussion may turn into, but I'd rather have them turn then not have them at all.

If you're wondering what to do with Alpha, :7::K:, :3::H+K: and a simple jab string usually work

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

allen24

Thanks for sharing and this is my top 10. (in no specific order)

1. 2PP
Probably the most important move, OK-ish range, high crushing, creates space, i15 low. On counter hit 2P is +9 and doesn't push the opponent too far for follow-ups. When normal hit, the P-strings can be connected. Though 2PP gives +16, it pushes the opponent too far sometimes, personally I prefer using 66T after it if the opponent doesn't duck often.

2. P-strings(PPK, PP4P, PP6PP, PP2KK)
Nyo's P-strings are pretty good for having 2.08m incredible range which makes i14 seems not too bad.
The follow-ups also have great variety.

3. 6P-strings(and SSP-strings)
Lacks variety but still her fastest mid punch, delayable, great for luring the opponent into mid-punch hold.

4. 3P
Good range and pretty fast(i16), also high crushing, great for whiff punishing.

5. P+K
Most reliable tool in close quarters. i11 and cannot be slow escaped, crushes almost all i11 mids, but -12 on block means it shouldn't be used too often.

6. 6K
Great move at mid range. 2.95m range and +13 on block, evades most of the highs, guarantees P+K in the corner. But also shouldn't be used too often as it is i28 and can be ducked on reaction.

7. H+K (H+K P+K)
Nyo's best launcher hands down, evades low. If the opponent dares to attack after 2PP or 6T this move is great for sending them directly into the air. The frame advantage after using H+K P+K PP 2T can also be handy.

8. 6T, 4T and 41236T
Great moves to punish those hold too often. If the connection is bad or against the wall I suggest using 4T for more stable damage.
6T is mainly used for throw punisha, gives +10 frame advantage but it pushes the opponent too far sometimes. The follow-ups I like using are P-strings, 6P-strings, H+K , or 66T.

9. 6P+K (6P+K P)
Decent range, high crushing, +3 on block and +16 on hit, has lots of follow-ups. Most opponent tend to hold mid-punch after getting hit, so 2PP, 3K, or 41236T are great.

10. 66K (66K P+K)
i20 is somewhat slow, but safe on block, and can transition into Hiten no Mai, adds variety to combos.

Other notable mention:
K, 8P-strings, 1P-strings, 7KP, 7PP, 9PT, Hiten P+K, Hiten PK, Hiten PP, Hiten H+K.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD