Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
VGG's to everyone at TORYUKEN 5 this year! Happy to see some new faces come out and support the scene! Some great battles went down, including two tight matches involving Erik & Raymond! Congrats to them for runner up! Shame that a couple people didn't join in the fun today *coughsalexlucacoughs*, but still a very enjoyable event. Also, Christie will continue to have no friends :(.

Top 4

1st Force of Nature :christie: :ayane:
2nd og23 :ayane: :raidou:
3rd TTT Teevo :bass:
4th Saito#GG :akira:

Here's the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2/v/67758301 DOA5LR starts around 5:43:20. og23 shaking the stick and getting no output cracked me up lol.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Alright fellas, August 7th at A&C WORLD has been set for the Toronto DOA Summer Bash 2016. Likely start time will be 3PM.

Let's put on a kick ass show guys!

Event will consist of:

- Double Elimination tournament
- WarGames Team Battle
- FT5 challenges (If issued)
- Stream Exhibition matches
- Raffle (recommendations for prizes, likely 2)

If you'd like to help out with commentary or the streaming. Give me a heads up! If you have any suggestions for the event, such as additional features, let me know.

Here's the tournament details:

Venue: 452 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2G8
Doors open at 12PM
Start Time: 3PM
Venue Fee: $5
Entry Fee: $10
All games are: Best 3 out of 5 sets
Double Elimination Format
Recommended Health setting: NORMAL health (300 HP)
Note: Dojo & Dangerzone stages banned
Time Limit: 60 seconds
Character Lock for Winner only

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
A $10 entry fee. Nice.
Venue fee is cheap because it isn't a special venue like a hotel or a convention centre, so it should be easier to increase the pot. At $10, it'll be easier to give a payout to 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th. At $5, only 1st & 2nd would get a payout at 80/20.

Jefffcore

I'm not complaining; I've always wanted it to be 10. Gives me a little more incentive to come.

When I had my pick-up, it was 30 to Toronto and back, venue fee, then 5 to play. It was 40+ to come play. Even if we have 10 people (and we never do) it's a $50 pot, so I'm never breaking even, even if I win.

Last edited:

Yurlungur

Wait, it's a tournament? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i kinda don't feel like doing a doa tournament i thought it was just a big thing of casuals.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Got some hardware for the TO Summer Bash 2016 next month on August 7th. It'll be our way of commemorating DOA's 20th anniversary. Legendary Goken will also contribute a prize or two to the event (any other donations would be appreciated). Ideas for raffle prizes can also be listed in here, and if you can contribute. If you enter the event for $10 or help contribute to the event, you get a free raffle entry. Additional entries can be bought for $2 (or $5 if we get any big ticket items like a TV or something).

- A DOA5LR WarGames Team Battle can be a feature at the event

DOA on guys!

‪#‎TOSummerBash2016‬ ‪#‎August7th‬

upload_2016-7-15_17-39-32.png

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD