Media Tournament Uploads + Media Sharing Tutorial

The final matches for ECT 6 have finally been uploaded to YouTube, and archived at FSD and are viewable at the tournament video page. Congrats to Kwiggles for winning this tournament, and congrats to everyone who showed up for displaying some great skill and variety of characters (including Mila).

The entire Sp00ky stream can be found on Free Step Dodge's Youtube (they will eventually be available here as well in tournament archives). There are also more Official Tournament videos on the site for your viewing pleasure.

I also wanted to take a minute to share some advice on uploading media to this site. Not only is the media section important to visual learners, but it's a great way for everyone to participate. 360 users have had problems uploading here because they only have Facebook upload options.

There is a great site called http://www.downvids.net/. This site allows you to extract the video from Facebook via its URL. After you have the video you can upload it to your Youtube account. After you upload it to Youtube, you can copy the share link under your video and submit to FSD by simply copying and pasting the link.

Submitting your content to FSD is the best way to share your style visually with the rest of the community, and we currently have over 5,000 videos archived here.

I really wish someone would do like, basic mechanics explanation tutorials, as the in-game ones aren't that good and just want you to do an input or beat an opponent under certain conditions. Anyways I'd love to see some kindof in depth basics and character tutorials that are voiced, instead of just combo videos and matches. There's a lot more to this game I think than most people might realize, and I think exposing some of that in a more visual and organized way would be good for new players like myself, and also for people considering trying the game.

I really wish someone would do like, basic mechanics explanation tutorials, as the in-game ones aren't that good and just want you to do an input or beat an opponent under certain conditions. Anyways I'd love to see some kindof in depth basics and character tutorials that are voiced, instead of just combo videos and matches. There's a lot more to this game I think than most people might realize, and I think exposing some of that in a more visual and organized way would be good for new players like myself, and also for people considering trying the game.

Excellent tutorial. I don't have a seal of approval, but if I did I would use it here. I should probably get on that.

EDIT: A possible edit would be a bit more detail about the actual adding of media to our site. Quick screenshots and a short paragraph should do the trick quite nicely. It's not complex but I've ended up walking more than a few through it.

Alternatively, you can download the video that you posted from Facebook. The image below explains it.

Attachments

• HowtoFacebook.JPG
    HowtoFacebook.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 182
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD