Unbalanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don’t see how DOA is unbalanced, yes some characters are faster than others but that doesn’t make the game unbalanced, fighting games aren’t supposed to be 100% balanced, it would be weird if every character had the same speed, the same damage and the same frames. That would make the learning curve for a character lower and basically would make you good with every character.

My fault. My post is really long. I just wanted to point out everything that was mentioned.
They usually are that’s why I only read the first 2 paragraphs and scroll through the entire thing.

Don't be fooled. I had to go to work. I played 2 games with you.
#Excuses, funny how you had to go to work right after I won when I used those 2 characters. But ok.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
1) Is doa not considered a tournament fighter because of how unbalanced it is? Not really. I think personally, the people prefer street fighter, tekken, injustice and so on is one of the big reasons. Idk about the past DOA's but there's no "World tour" or "Cup" or "Pro Series" that keeps me off my seat for a tourney. I think DOA's biggest tourney's NEC but anyone can register for it. Fan service is 50-50. It hurts the reputation only because people look at female's fighting in bikini's or whatever costume and they look at it in a negative fashion, but in most media industries: sex sells.

SF & Tekken are preferred because they're more straightforward and lack a stigma that turn off other FGC players (I've excluded persons that avoid FG's in general due to how intimidating they can seem). Injustice has that "superhero" appeal to it like Marvel vs. Capcom, and appeals to the typical MK/NRS/anti-Japanese fighting game crowd anyway.

DOA5LR has the Battle Royal circuit going on, which is technically in its 3rd year. NEC is the finale of the tournament circuit, which included the TFC event you attended this year.

If you see the dumb customizations that some people use in Tekken 7 or VF5FS, I really don't think DOA5LR's "fan service" deters people from playing DOA as much as people think. Most costumes used in tournaments aren't really scandalous in comparison. It's the ability to hold in stun coupled with how complicated DOA5LR is to play that turns people off. The atrocious netcode doesn't help matters also unfortunately.

Sadly DOA's reputation heading into DOA5 hurt its initial momentum too, regardless of how good the game would turn out.

slow character big damage

fast character small damage

What does that make GenFu? :cool:

WAZAAAAA

troll/scrub detection warning
V0yy9EH.png

Brute

Standard Donor
I left the thread open in case Nightwolf wished to respond to some of the criticism, but it seems like he's not interested in doing that.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD