System Unholdable setups

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Been going through all of the characters for the 214P W! loop.

Guess who wants to break the mold?

:sarah::ein:
:214::P: W! :4::h: :214::P:

In generall your three options for whiffing are :H+P:, any :h:, and :6::H+P:. 29, 30, and 31 frames respectively.

:ayane:
:6::H+P:

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Found new unholdables for Alpha:

W! (including :6::6::P:) > :9::P::K::P: > :6::P:/:624::h::+::P: (Whiff) > :214::P:
:214::h::+::P::5::6::h::+::P: > :6::K::P: > :9::P::K::P: > :6::P:/:624::h::+::P: (Whiff) > :214::P:

It's rather easy to pressure this character after knockdown in general.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Because of the exceptions I've been going character by character to see if the :214::P: unholdable works on whatever. Should be noted that yes the :214::H+P: setup is universal with :6::H+P:. :6::K::P: will cause the same wall state as :214::P: wall hit so you can start the loop with a 6KP W! as well. Will update as I finish the middle weights out.

:H+P:
SL :eliot: :hitomi: :kokoro: :mila: :momiji:
L :kasumi: :honoka: :marierose: :phase4:
W :leifang: :pai:
M :La Mariposa: :nyotengu: :tina:

:4::h:
SL :sarah:
M :akira: :bradwong: :christie: :ein: :hayabusa: :hayate::jacky: :jannlee: :rig: :zack:
C :helena:
H :genfu:

:6::H+P:
L :ayane:
SH :bass: :bayman: :leon: :rachel: :raidou:

:624::H+P:
FW :alpha152:

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Finished testing the characters. I believe the above are accurate.

All Super Light, Light, and Welter weight classes with the exclusion of Ayane and Sarah are :H+P: setups.

All Middle, Cruiser, and Heavy weights with the exclusion of Lisa, Nyotengu, and Tina are :6::h: setups (I started doing Mid K hold due to it being perfect to roll a :624::P: buffer).

All Super Heavyweights are :6::H+P: setups

Lisa, Nyotengu, and Tina are a :H+P: setup
Sarah is a :6::h: setup
Ayane is a :6::H+P: setup.

Edit: getting some inconsistencies with Gen Fu. Sometimes getting :6::h: to work, other times getting :H+P: to work. This could just be a mistiming thing for me, but he's the most inconsistent character for these setups. Figures.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Not really an "unholdable", but might be related so putting this in here for now.

Found a possible avenue for setups. Nothing egregious right now, but is potential option. I found it didn't work on Bass but did work on Ayane, making me think the setup is similar to our :214::P: setup differences, or just a weight class difference.

On Ayane:
:6::K::P: W! :9::P::K::P: W! :2::H+P: :2::H+P:

If the opponent does not tech when hitting the ground (even when attempting a WUK) he gets pick-up and is +13 or +9. If they do tech then he's +2.

:2::H+P: = 27F
So far this method seems to work on everyone Super Light weight to Welter Weight.

Currently getting sporatic results with whiffing :H+P: attempts on medium weights. Could be my buffering issues but is something to consider.

Last edited:

charisma

Unholdable wall splat: 9k, 33p, fully charged 1P+K.

EDIT:
6kp(W!)33p, fully charged 1P+K
Ch 3k(W!), 33p, fully charged 1P+K
Sumo stomp(W!), 33p, fully charged 1P+K
Guard breaker(W!), 33p, fully charged 1P+K
After further review, if you do his (full charge) 1P+K and it wall splats you can do 33p and loop it all over again. WONDERFUL!!!! An if they block you are +24!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Shown off in this video:
:6::K::P: W! :3::P::6::K::P: :3::H+P: WR :4::P+K::

Seems like a legit option as Bass in Back-turned I think has more devastating nitaku than him being front facing at +3.

Edit: Did some tests:

You can do the same unholdable with just a :6::K::P: Wall Juggle. If from kitchen sink (opponent back-turned) into wall, you can only do it if it's a W! :6::K::P:, not a :3::P::6::K::P:

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Same works with :6::h::+::K:.

WR :4::P::+::K: is a pretty cool option. My only issue with it is that it's high and in this game you can recover into crouch instantly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD