Uppers Discussion (New Beat Em Up From The Creators Of Senran Kagura)

Banana56

561c82147910a_thumb1.jpg

Marvelous announced in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine a new PlayStation Vita game called Uppers, a beat ‘em up that is set on an island where fighting is the best form of entertainment.

Ranma Kamishiro: a young man that has been spending his days in boredom. He doesn’t have any experience in martial arts, but has inherited his menacing fighting abilities and incredible strength from his parents.

Upper will be an over the top beat ‘em up action game, where you’ll go around beating enemies down to a pulp. Your attacks will automatically change based on enemy positioning and posture. The combos will be done with simple button mashing, but they’ll look splendid.

The battles will get heated up with the voices of the girls cheering. If you manage to beat an enemy down in front of a girl, you’ll power up. You’ll even be able to snatch a girl and “motorboat” them. Yes, don’t forget that it’s a Takaki game!

Takaki commented that it’s an original game that he’s been wanting to make for a long time, and it’s been possible thanks to his friends that helped pave the road to making a fun game.

Scenario writer Yukinori Kitajima says that that boys like breasts, being thugs, and money. For this, he was able to form a dream delinquent tag-team with Takaki, and that the story will be ridiculous like Senran Kagura, but it’ll also have some heated moments.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/1...roducer-kenichiro-takaki/#UVlLDAJc8JrexEqo.99

THE_WORST_KOKORO

Standard Donor
Pretty interesting to see that they're working on another title. Probably testing something for a new Senran Kagura game. I do feel as if the combat system is a bit shallow, and can be really really sluggish with certain characters. tbh, I want a difficulty where it doesnt feel like you're in a room with a bunch of morons... because even on the highest difficulty its still too easy lol.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm in LOVE with the illustrations! :D Totally my kind of style. Too bad the art style doesn't translate that well in 3D and on the PSVita. :/ And when the first boob action of the trailer came I lost all interest alltogether. XD

Argentus

The combat reminds me of Jet Li Rise To Honor, I think it was called. The combat was just flicking the thumb stick towards enemies but it depended in positioning for different moves. Was really cool.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Character trailers of some of the combatants:

It does look kinda fun and I really dig the character design. :D
What do you guys think are the chances of this game coming to the PS4? Senran Kagura also came to the PS4...but I guess it was a lot more popular. XD

The rowdy male characters really do remind me of one of my own character designs that I did for an imaginary anime-style fighter:
hyun_tae_kwon_costumes_by_tyaren-d9puryq.jpg

Last edited:

Juihau

Thought I'd go ahead and share this with anyone interested. Apparently, the game's release has been put on hold indefinitely due to preorders falling far below expectation. Takaki says he still has faith in the game and wants to take more time to promote it, but if preorders were so low that it's getting delayed, it can't be looking good.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/uppers-delayed-unannounced-date-japan

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Thought I'd go ahead and share this with anyone interested. Apparently, the game's release has been put on hold indefinitely due to preorders falling far below expectation. Takaki says he still has faith in the game and wants to take more time to promote it, but if preorders were so low that it's getting delayed, it can't be looking good.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/uppers-delayed-unannounced-date-japan

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! DDDDD: I was hoping to see it on PS4 at some point where the art style could shine much better... :/

petopia

They pretty much lied about the motor boating but if it wasnt shown might as well make it ps tv compatible.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Now lets just hope the game is actually good and it sells like hot cakes and they have no other choice than making a PS4 version. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'll probably get the game just for GT but the game visually looks like trash and boring next to SK, I saw it on Twitter a while earlier and was like "Damn, so they not joking with really releasing this?" If they rendered it in the SK art style I'm sure it would sell alot more, I doubt hardly anyone will get it tbh. SK definitely overshadows it

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD