Version 1.03: RIP Alpha

synce

They have completely killed this character. No more 2nd-hit CB or counter bait from H+KK, no more 2-in-1 launcher, 7k no longer resets, all her grabs nerfed except beam... It was nice knowing you, Alpha!

H+K, PPK, 6PPK: standardized hit reactions to faint stagger.
H+KK, PPKK, 6PPPKK: changed damage from 35 to 24, standardized hit reactions to limbo stun, changed to turn opponent around on back-turned stun.
7K: removed guard break, changed disadvantage on guard from GB(0) to -5F.
2K: changed to a small stagger.
2KK: changed to a stun which has a short interval where holds cannot be performed, shortened delay input window.
4K6K, 4KK6K, 4KKKK: changed damage from 20, 20, 40 to 10, 10, 40.
4K, 4KK, 4KKK: changed damage from 30, 30, 30 to 20, 20, 20.
66T・2T: changed damage from 50 to 30, fixed a bug that prevented derivative followup moves from P and H, shortened floating time after the move.
8T: changed damage from 75 to 65.
2141236T: changed damage from 80 to 70.
33T: changed damage from 70 to 60.
236236T: changed damage from 90 to 100.
66P: changed from mid to high.
Sidestep P: added sidestep tracking.
6PP: added sidestep tracking.

Female Tengu

I agree. She was the easiest to play character AND her damage output was insane on certain strings/attacks compared to her ease of use. I think these nerfs were needed.

synce

Guys am I misreading something or does she have a 3-in-1 launcher now. I haven't slept in two days

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Even with some nerfs, I still see possibility.

I think by far the biggest nerf is taking her guard break away from 7K.

They have completely killed this character. No more 2nd-hit CB or counter bait from H+KK, no more 2-in-1 launcher, 7k no longer resets, all her grabs nerfed except beam... It was nice knowing you, Alpha!

Alpha is a trick bag. Take the changes and create new tricks. Thankfully this could weed out Alpha players that aren't serious about her, and use her just because they think they can scoop a fast win.

You haven't seen Tina my friend.

Tina has her problems, but isn't irrelevant to this conversation.

MasterHavik

Alpha is a trick bag. Take the changes and create new tricks. Thankfully this could weed out Alpha players that aren't serious about her, and use her just because they think they can scoop a fast win.

Tina has her problems, but isn't irrelevant to this conversation.
Just comparing the nerfs they receive. Btu anyways.....I hope you're right about Aphla man...this is bloody murder if you ask me.

synce

Oh yeah she can still be viable, for me it only hinges on two things. If 2KKK is 3-in-1 now and 7K enders are still GB's. If no to either one, I'll be sticking with Lisa and Pai until they give Alpha teleports or wakeup kicks. Or make her super heavyweight ;)

Nightpup

I can understand them nerfing her offensive abilities, but really, why did they not give her some extra defensive precautions to make up for it? They should've either done that or left her alone completely. She was absolutely fine IMO. Hell, I would've even taken a giant damage nerf as long as they left her frames alone.

Oh yeah she can still be viable, for me it only hinges on two things. If 2KKK is 3-in-1 now and 7K enders are still GB's. If no to either one, I'll be sticking with Lisa and Pai until they give Alpha teleports or wakeup kicks. Or make her super heavyweight ;)
Yeah, I don't think 2KKK is a 3-in-1. If you look at where it says 2K(which is the first kick), it says the stun was changed. 2KK indicates the second kick. Basically they made 2KKK a true 2-in-1 now if you don't delay. the second kick can still be held though from what I'm reading.

synce

Can you explain what you mean by a true 2 in 1?

What's confusing me is they don't even mention 2kkk, just 2kk (which iirc is currently not 2 in 1 at all, only the last 2 k's in 2kkk are)

On the one hand it seems ridiculous to have a 3 in 1 launcher but on the other hand they nerfed her to hell and back, maybe throw people a bone.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Just comparing the nerfs they receive. Btu anyways.....I hope you're right about Aphla man...this is bloody murder if you ask me.

I'll show you. I'm looking at this nerf as a way to refine my Alpha, to learn new tricks and stop going for the safe ideas instilled in my head.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Can you explain what you mean by a true 2 in 1?

What's confusing me is they don't even mention 2kkk, just 2kk (which iirc is currently not 2 in 1 at all, only the last 2 k's in 2kkk are)

On the one hand it seems ridiculous to have a 3 in 1 launcher but on the other hand they nerfed her to hell and back, maybe throw people a bone.

2KKK (and its variants such as PP2KKK) is a 3 in 1 on guarding high opponents. Only when they're guarding high. That's in the current build, not the patch. Dont know exactly how it is post-patch but I hear it's a bug that it is a 3-in-1. If 2KKK is a 2 hit natural combo then that would make sense as that's what it is now just not when it's guarded high.

What the patch update says is that 2K no longer produces that long stun (like from a high guarding opponent), and that 2KK now performs a hold delay stun which should guarantee 2KKK or 2KK2K.

Paradise

Other than damage nerfs and 7K safety what did she lose thats so significant? Her throw game seems slightly less obnoxious but even with less damage they still have insane properties.

And even though H+KK has a damage nerf is it better or worse that you can turn BT opponents around for CB damage?

MasterHavik

My main beef is here was that Aphla wasn't good to begin with, so nerfing her into the ground and taking away what little she had doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Paradise

2KKK (and its variants such as PP2KKK)
What the patch update says is that 2K no longer produces that long stun (like from a high guarding opponent), and that 2KK now performs a hold delay stun which should guarantee 2KKK or 2KK2K.
Im confused. Are you saying that it's impossible to hold out of 2KK variants now?

synce

Thanks Mr. Wah, I was indeed reading it wrong. I thought the unholdable stun the notes were referring to occurred in the middle of 2KK, not after. Also I wasn't aware of the 3 in 1 glitch on guarding opponents

So basically it's still the same thing, but without a broken delay window and the 3 in 1 glitch. The word "changed" still worries me but we'll see soon enough exactly what those sneaky snakes did

Paradise

What are the full evasive properties of 236236T? I liked this move before but i'm in love now. Does it duck all highs or just some?

synce

Can't say for certain, I've only used for counter punishment... H+K,K was perfect for setting it up T_T

But I'm still in love with that grab's range and with everything else being nerfed I'll make sure to use the shit out of it. There's now a 30 dmg difference between it and her ground pound OH

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD