Version 1.03: RIP Alpha

Paradise

If people thought I was abusing her grabs before, god bless them now. And ground pound still seems great to me. Its still an OH that crushes all highs, catches fullscreen, and can be set up in countless ways. The 10 damage nerf isn't enough to stop me from abusing the fuck out of it. And i'm experimenting like crazy to find something that will connect after her 66P CB other than P. Her CB mixup would be godlike now that its a high.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
What are the full evasive properties of 236236T? I liked this move before but i'm in love now. Does it duck all highs or just some?

Wake-up with it, start the match with it, do it in the middle of an opponent's attack. DO IT anytime you want. It's the best move in the game.

Oh, and it drives your opponent nuts, and if you got an itch. DO IT!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
If people thought I was abusing her grabs before, god bless them now. And ground pound still seems great to me. Its still an OH that crushes all highs, catches fullscreen, and can be set up in countless ways. The 10 damage nerf isn't enough to stop me from abusing the fuck out of it. And i'm experimenting like crazy to find something that will connect after her 66P CB other than P. Her CB mixup would be godlike now that its a high.

You can betcha ass I'mma go nuts with my 10+ B.U.R.S.T.

Paradise

And don't forget the default health is now 270, 30 less than before. so the damage nerfs to her throw game aren't as significant as you might think.

synce

^ It's probably closer to 140 with the way the game rounds things down, but yeah still over half of 270HP... I forgot they reduced default health. The nerfs are stinging a little less :tengu:

Haha but you know what else I just remembered, you can now avoid people in ranked and kick people from lobbies at any time. It may be hard for an Alpha user to play with anyone besides friends, just because she's Alpha and blah blah blah lol

damedame

Wake-up with it, start the match with it, do it in the middle of an opponent's attack. DO IT anytime you want. It's the best move in the game.

Oh, and it drives your opponent nuts, and if you got an itch. DO IT!

Wait, the patch isn't even out yet? Where's this data coming from? :O

Paradise

What is everyone currently using for juggles after Danger Zones? I was using 8KKKK but it leaves you open for wakeup kicks. Any suggestions?

damedame

I'm aware.
I haven't played in months, been busy RL.

But did they change the frames on it? It didn't dodge that much before. XD

Paradise

I'm aware.
I haven't played in months, been busy RL.

But did they change the frames on it? It didn't dodge that much before. XD
Oh lol. Its pretty hit or miss for me, I think its a timing thing. sometimes I eat strikes and other times Alpha goes right under everything and the damage is beautiful! But it definitely dodges a lot.

synce

Guys I just spent some time with 1.03 Alpha in training and it's not pretty.

2KKK is definitely not 2-in-1 anymore. Even the two low kicks don't NC. H+K and H+K,K stuns only give +15 (no faint or collapse) and you can still counter at any time.

Moves like 4K4P are still glitched and will not connect all the time. The new 66T,2T still doesn't give bonus damage on CH or HCH, so a measly 30dmg no matter what.

The only good news is 7K still GB's for -1/-2 if used as a string ender, and 236236T does 149dmg on HCH, which is at least 55% life. Also 2T is still i3.

I'll add more notes if necessary

- 4k doesn't bounce anymore
- 3k still causes collapse

Paradise

Danger zones being...?
I haven't really worked danger zones into my game yet, so I didn't mean any in particular. But i probably should start trying to get max damage off danger zones...
Guys I just spent some time with 1.03 Alpha in training and it's not pretty.

2KKK is definitely not 2-in-1 anymore. Even the two low kicks don't NC. H+K and H+K,K stuns only give +15 (no faint or collapse) and you can still counter at any time.

Moves like 4K4P are still glitched and will not connect all the time. The new 66T,2T still doesn't give bonus damage on CH or HCH, so a measly 30dmg no matter what.

The only good news is 7K still GB's for -1/-2 if used as a string ender, and 236236T does 149dmg on HCH, which is at least 55% life. Also 2T is still i3.

I'll add more notes if necessary

- 4k doesn't bounce anymore
- 3k still causes collapse
Loss of H+KK as we know it is a great sadness, that was my panic move.

I never really tried to rely on 2KKK because I knew it was glitched and would probably be patched out. While its disappointing I'm not trippin'.

What is up with the float cancel glitches? Maybe they have a use as is were not seeing?

Horray for 7K resets! Thats my favorite way to keep the pressure going.

I was really fond of that 4K bounce:( A lot of my combos relied on that move, so thats something to work around. And counter punishing for OVER HALF LIFE? THEY AINT' READY.
edku-1.gif

synce

Haha it does feel nice seeing a huge chunk of HP disappear so quick. Although it'll be a lot tougher without 7K reset or H+K,K crumple get things going. You can still win with her but I'd say TN solidified Alpha as bottom tier with this patch. And people will still bitch and moan when they lose to her.

More notes:
- H+K,K is no longer 2 in 1
- 4K can still bounce, but only in red critical state

damedame

Ewwww...
Is there anything positive about this patch? XD

Maybe I'll just not update and play offline with my friends. ._.

Paradise

Haha it does feel nice seeing a huge chunk of HP disappear so quick. Although it'll be a lot tougher without 7K reset or H+K,K crumple get things going. You can still win with her but I'd say TN solidified Alpha as bottom tier with this patch. And people will still bitch and moan when they lose to her.

More notes:
- H+K,K is no longer 2 in 1
- 4K can still bounce, but only in red critical state
I'd still say she's mid even with the changes, but I'll really have to experiment post patch. And praise 4K bounce!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD