Version 1.03: RIP Alpha

synce

I'll upload some replays when I get a chance... but there's definitely some annoying things you can still do with Alpha in 1.03 :)

Some positives:

- 3K still crumples, still safe if used at range
- 236236T now takes 55% HP instead of 45%
- You can follow whiffed 236236T with 2T or 66T because they're still i3 and i10

There's a ton of negatives but I'll try to focus on the positives now lol

synce

Maybe she's not low tier after all... Just discovered 66P is now a +8 guard break, same as 6KP. Should be a good mid range mix-up with 3K. It's also a valid third CB since it hits high (again?) and the CB stun was extended. I'm so abusing this move :)

Random versus replay from 1.03:

Codemaster92163

Only people who've never really learned alpha thought she was OP. She was still relatively low tier, but pseudo-high tier against people who hadn't taken her to training. All someone had to do was really spam attacks and use wake-up mix-ups and she was a gonner. I don't think she's horrible, but compared to the rest of the cast, she'll have her work cut out for her with this version.

What would have been awesome is if they had kept her :P::K: properties from DOA:D. It used to launch after CH, giving you a :3::P::P::P::P: :6::P::P::P: combo for great damage with such a fast, simple launch that required no prior stuns to activate.

That technically irrelevant comment aside, I hope all of you alpha mains still stick with her. Sure, she's no DOA4 Alpha, but at least she's semi-unique

phoenix1985gr

She definetely wasnt op, but in the right hands she was pretty good... Mid tier at worst... The fact that she had a natural combo launcher was just amazing, and the juggle damage she got was also pretty good... Plus a throw and an OH that if she guessed right (her throw more now) was almost half health... True if you knocked her down especially against a wall she would struggle for a comeback but still she was balanced in my opinion

synce

Gonna have to disagree with you there Codemaster, Alpha had some of the best tools in the game. i3 low grab (that does 105 damage!), i10 OH, i12 unholdable reset, parries... H+KK was NC that put you in the game's nastiest mixup, 2KKK was NC that launched on NH for max juggle... Her only weakness I was unable to find a way around was tight spaces :mad: 1.03 Alpha is another story but I'm not giving up on my baby.

Paradise

Lets talk tools. Where does alpha shine in 1.03? Here's some of mine.

• Hold punishing. Getting brave and trying to hold out of alpha's offense can earn you a 236236T for OVER HALF LIFE. I don't even see a point in using any of her other standing throws (33T, 214T) excluding her punish throw T. Its a guessing game, but she plays it damn well.
  • OH game. While 66T was nerfed its still great to free cancel into for the people that get too comfortable blocking. The damage isn't wonderful, but I think its purpose is more for pressure. 2141236T is still a move with insane properties. It crushes highs, has crazy range, and can be set up in countless ways. 7T catches damn near everything and has the same crazy fullscreen range as 2141236T.
  • CB mixup. No other character has alpha's CB mixup potential, now that 66P is now a valid move (and the CB Stun is extended). Having a high, mid punch, and mid kick CB makes it so easy to deplete a life bar.
  • Guard Break resets. While you can't raw 7K reset like the good old days she can still get the GB from a 7K juggle ender. And now 66P gives a GB and leaves you at +8 while being a great setup for her ground pound OH and tracking sidestep.
  • Speed. Even with her grappler like OHs, alpha can hang with Kasumi and Christie alike with her 9 frame jab.
Theres plenty more to add but these are her best assets IMO.

Nightpup

I kind of wish 66P was a mid again since it guard breaks now...It's a perfect way to bait 66T and make them scared of you.

synce

Looks like they did something to her tag game. The most damage I can do on CH now is 220. Pre-1.03 I was doing somewhere between 250-270 (same ender too)

Nightpup

Looks like they did something to her tag game. The most damage I can do on CH now is 220. Pre-1.03 I was doing somewhere between 250-270 (same ender too)
That's a good thing. Alpha was incredibly broken in Tag. It was like playing MvC or something. One launch and she can PPPPPP PPPPPP PPPPK all by herself. 17 hits. No tag-in damage % reduction. Easily over half life.

synce

Actually nevermind, I think those 250+ combos were on HCH. On CH I'm doing about the same damage on 360 and PS3. And nerfs are NEVER a good thing, especially when it's my character. :)

ErickBello

Oh, The sitdowns stuns not being SEable are a glorious tool for her, she can pull of combos from the 6KP Sitdown stun and do more damage than the old 6KP · FLOAT P.

I have some setups on 6KP but I might test them before posting them...

btw... I have an Idea.
This raised as an idea on the Kasumi Forum... filling the character strategies page for ALPHA-152 in the wiki, we could have info and matchups there and have a consistant source on info on her.

Nightpup

Oh, The sitdowns stuns not being SEable are a glorious tool for her, she can pull of combos from the 6KP Sitdown stun and do more damage than the old 6KP · FLOAT P.

I have some setups on 6KP but I might test them before posting them...

btw... I have an Idea.
This raised as an idea on the Kasumi Forum... filling the character strategies page for ALPHA-152 in the wiki, we could have info and matchups there and have a consistant source on info on her.
I've been wanting to work on the ALPHA-152 wiki page, but I'm no good at wiki code. Someone would have to make a template for me.

ErickBello

I've been wanting to work on the ALPHA-152 wiki page, but I'm no good at wiki code. Someone would have to make a template for me.
You can edit it in BBcode (which is pretty easy, just make sure you have a txt/word file to remember all the data) and HTML.
I could help you with some 1.03 data ( if you don't have a PS3 ) and some match-ups.

Nightpup

You can edit it in BBcode (which is pretty easy, just make sure you have a txt/word file to remember all the data) and HTML.
I could help you with some 1.03 data ( if you don't have a PS3 ) and some match-ups.
Again, all I need is a template and I can fill every detail in myself. You can fill things in if you want, but I don't have the patience to construct the entire thing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD