"VG Music Thread"

Hazard

Standard Donor

Shame Yamamoto got hit with plagarism claims for these songs to not reappear in the HD release

Darkslay

Little mashup of some favorites i've been jamming to recently.

Grandia II
FIGHT!! Ver.1
Says a lot about an RPG's soundtrack when you never run from a random encounter simply because the battle tracks are so sick, love this game.

God Hand
Bald Mountain
I. Love. This. GAME! This is one of my favorite areas to be in, the music is a big part of it. A lot of whacky things happen in this stage, and it's the one i'm most excited to play when i go through the game.

Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
Wolverine's Theme
Don't know if you guys knew this, but Wolverine is currently dead in Marvel's line of comics, on January of this year, Marvel teased an image that read ''DEAD NO MORE'', nothing regarding that yet though. Still, this theme is pretty nostalgic for me, Logan has always been one of my favorite super heroes of all time. Listening to this one now has a deeper feel than the arcade days.

Megaman X5
Zero Virus Stage 2
X5 is my favorite in the X series, i feel i'm often alone on this sentiment, but i love this freaking game, man. This track plays in the last stage, and it always feels very rewarding, ''last stretch'', to hear this song. I always have to stop playing and listen to this for a while because the song is just that damn good.

Tekken 3
Forrest Law
Everyone's been in a Tekken vibe recently, eh? I get it, i'm also hype for T7. Mah boi, Law's theme has always been one of my favorites. Legit sounds like it would play in an old school Kung Fu film.

Double Dragon Neon
City Streets 2 (Mango Tango - Neon Jungle)
This song is so fuckin' 80s it hurts, but it hurts so gooooood. This whole soundtrack is godlike, dude, DD is a series that's suffered a lot in the past, but this game does it more than justice, that it does.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land
The Strongest Knight in the Galaxy
You wouldn't expect music like this to come from a freakin' Kirby game, this is pure metal right here, cute-ass, unadulterated metal. But you'd be surprised, these games have always had fantastic soundtracks, very close and dear to my heart.

Monsters, Inc. Scare Island
Orientation
The PS1/PS2 library had a plethora of, surprisingly great, movie licensed games. This right here is one of them, really nice childhood memories come from this game, this track plays in the tutorial level no less, only tutorial i was ever joyous to go through, just listen to this, jazzy as all hell.

Spider Man
Elevator Descent
Now this. It pains me, it pains me greatly the state in which this soundtrack is, and probably will forever be. The OST for this game was never realeased, so all you have is poor quality PSX rips, a damn shame, this game's soundtrack is amazing, Neversoft at it's finest. Another childhood classic right here, same for its sequel.

The Binding of Isaac
My Innermost Apocalypse
This song right here is pure emotion, TBoI is a fucked up game, man, it's cartoony style often tricks you into thinking it's not, but holy shit is some of the symbolism and imagery straight out of a psychiatric nightmare. I think this track right here accentuates all of that, this track tells you a story, a story of grief, depression, loneliness and self-finding, and it doesn't even need lyrics to do so. Amazing game, a shame Rebirth and Afterbirth's soundtracks were a little lackluster.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's some more Tekken 7 tracks I really like:

This final round theme just really makes me happy, the original I like too but this captures that epic vibe of the final match

Another one of my favorites, Twilight Conflict. I like how "sparkly" and slick it sounds, and I like the calming whistle like sound effect that plays midway. Very nice track

The devil pit theme. It sounds so ominous and chilling...I don't know whether I like this theme more or Kazumi's round one theme more, they both fit that "final battle" type vibe you'd expect from Tekken. The ominous singing sold me the most.

The mishima dojo theme, I like the remixed dance vibe it gives off

Kazumi's round 1 theme, it can't be described with words alone. Don't ask me to post her round 2 theme tho, I strongly dislike it, it's nothing but grimy garbage...that's not how a final battle with her should sound. Round 1 all the way!

The final round theme for the Dragon nest, it's my absolute favorite final round theme at the moment.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Anybody here familiar with the classic Sega CD game Snatcher?

If so, then I just started making 1-hour music extensions for the redbook audio. So far I've done two, but here is a video sample of "One Night in Neo Kobe City", the BGM played during the opening cinematic:

All this and more can be found on my YT channel, including music from Bloody Roar 1, Virtua Fighter 3, Virtua Fighter Kids, Virtua Fighter 4, the original arcade version of Virtua Fighter, Brave Fencer Musashi (complete with the Allucaneet Castle medley) Slam Masters 2 (in progress) and all the console versions of NBA Jam and Tournament Edition (also in progress) if you're interested.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
More music extensions of the following VGMs and VGM remix covers (1-hour versions available in the video descriptions):

Daytona USA 2 Expert Course

Faxanadu (NES) Overworld Techno Remix by Krimbe (Newgrounds)

Sonic & Knuckles - Breathtaking Vision (Sky Sanctuary Remix) by Kanjika (OverClocked)

Revenge of Shinobi - Terrible Beat (Boss Theme Remix) by Iceferno

Fighters Megamix - Opening Theme

Hazard

Standard Donor

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Ah make sure to add spoilers so that it doesn't lag up the page for other users. Especially mobile users too I believe.

It doesn't matter if you post it in spoilers or not. As long as the video is being embedded into the page, your browser is still gonna load it. People need to post their videos as links via html as I mentioned in here before.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Anyone play Street fighter X tekken? I loved the music plus Lili was thick as hell in the game, and Posion could do her super on me any day of the week. ♡.♡ But anyway here's some tracks I really liked:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Some Senran Kagura Estival Versus tracks I love:
My all time favorite:

And of course:

Jadeinchains

It has really good music, The music is so amazing! It's techno and rock mixed with old Japanese instruments

I like this one.

This one is insanely good!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I love Yomi's, hers makes me hungry for seafood next to I the beach, and Yagyu's is pretty intense too

Oh and here's one more BGM I like but from Persona 4:

Rise's shadow was definitely one of my favorites besides Yosuke, Yukiko and Kanji's. XD

Awesmic

Standard Donor
The latest videogame-related music extensions I've done are for the SNES classic game ActRaiser (composed by famed Streets of Rage composer Yuzo Koshiro), and it's based on the Symphonic Suite arrangements. I hope you'll enjoy what I finished so far:

Opening / Title Theme:

Birth of the People:

Offering:

Northwall (NOTE: Tempo modified to match original game's tempo.):

The Beast Appears (Act 1 Boss):

Formidable Foe (Act 2 Boss. Tempo modified to match original game's tempo.)

All videos contain download links for the full 1-hour extended versions in the description.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Probably one of the coldest and most suspenseful techno BGMS you'll hear in a VG...guh, I wish DOA had something like this:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD