Media Warrior's Wrath: A Leon Match Video Thread

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
That match alone has me wanting to go to Japan for the next Festival. I managed to hold my own against Japan's best and I really want to see how I stand internationally and meet Flag (Best Leon in Japan, I think that's how it's spelled. Catz told me about him and I want to have the same reactions Sly Bass and Destruction Bomb had meeting JCAkira). The running joke was that Sly kept doing poorly in casuals because he was so focused on new Akira tech JCA taught them.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
To be fair, we were more focused on him getting proper holds correctly. Java does the same tech we do, but what makes this delicious is that he's getting the right holds against E and Lopedo. That alone makes him way better than me and Sly.

Leon topic at hand, recording the Leon thing via scramble. Still no word with Leon's PL/PB issue?

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
As of now it sounds like the bug isn't fixed team side. I asked Tom about it and he said the team would probably be too busy elsewhere to get a proper fix for it in a reasonable time.

And yeah, the PL bug is also the same as the PB bug... explains why it fails me so often when I try to use it.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Put a little something together for the strongest forum in the world!

Only a couple things to add/change or include in further videos.
1K is another force tech (+21) and is a Slip Stun in water.
His Natural Combos (PP, 6PP, 8PP, 66PP, CH 2KK, you touched on 33P 7P).
His 4P+K string - second strike can be charged as a guard break into a guaranteed string ender (:4::P+K::[[P]]::P:). It also is a natural combo if the first hit lands. Second hit from first hit guarantees air throw.
A couple throw and hold things.
There's more but it's a good beginner start.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Here is my match with Tanii from NEC this weekend. I've seen a few things to improve on (like holding more now that I've broken a panic holding habit, not dropping my PL because I heard the commentators freaking out, and a couple other small things). I want your opinions as well.
I've changed how I now play Leon to be more passive when I'm not at advantage just because Leon doesn't actually have a good way to get in on his opponent (if his 236P enders were at least +1 then that would be a different story). His shoulder is probably the best get in but it has a pretty noticeable windup for a meh +2-4 and the hit box on his tackle is really bad unless your opponent is doing something other than standing still or backing away (even TN acknowledges this). This "Leon Spacing/Retaliation" has been the best thing that I've found to work in an offline setting, you can get away with a lot of bs online that most often won't work online (primarily his charged strikes).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD