We Major - The (constructive) increasing turnout thread

Red dragon

It is when you have a preference. Like if you don't bring one, sure, there would be plenty of people that would let you borrow their's when they're not playing, but you may prefer a certain platform pad. If this is the case, then you may no have a choice since it's not a 100% guarantee that you're going to find people who play on the same pad as you at that given time (assuming that the people who play with the same pad are playing or off playing another game).

Or an arcade stick. If you bring your own (or a converter along with it), there's no issue. Only you know what's comfortable to your hands. So that's why it's recommended.

i agree with this......

for me, i have never gone to an arcade stick yet like some of these other guys. I played on PC the other day and now im thinking about getting one. My preference is a regular controller. I did a few tweaks to it but it still looked like a regular controller.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bring back tag team matches.

I agree. I think I've had the most fun in 2v2 4-player tag match tournaments.

If more tag people or people interested in doing it show up to offline tournaments with some side tournaments then hopefully it would grow enough to warrant official future support at events. However, the majority of players at the events currently don't support tag, and to make it even more difficult, you're effectively halving your entrant numbers by requiring 2 players to sign up as one team.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Edit: For those of you that can't make it due to school, work, family responsibilities, etc, this thread is not supposed to harass you into something you don't have time for. Everyone can support the community in their own way. This is just about finding ways to get everyone interested in that tournament experience out there.
This guy. This guy gets it.

Argentus

See this topic, I like. I do want to go offline to stuff, but I'm not really willing (or able at the moment) to make huge road trips JUST for that.

Like I go, I want the offline tourney to just be one of many things I'm going for to justify the time, effort, and money of the trip.

.....we should do an event at disneyland.

This is of course putting aside the fact that I recognize I'd get knocked out immediately of any actual tourneys so I'm more interested in playing casuals than spending money just to lose.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
See this topic, I like. I do want to go offline to stuff, but I'm not really willing (or able at the moment) to make huge road trips JUST for that.

Like I go, I want the offline tourney to just be one of many things I'm going for to justify the time, effort, and money of the trip.

This is of course putting aside the fact that I recognize I'd get knocked out immediately of any actual tourneys so I'm more interested in playing casuals than spending money just to lose.
How far are you from an offline scene? Have you checked out the player map? You can see if any like-minded people within a realistic range can get something going.

Argentus

How far are you from an offline scene? Have you checked out the player map? You can see if any like-minded people within a realistic range can get something going.
The only person around, is someone who found me on facebook so still thinks I'm a girl because of the profile name (I thought everyone else knew thats just my OC). Despite repeated posts saying I'm not.

I think Brute i like 3-4 hours out but i'm pretty sure he hates me lol.

Last edited:

Argentus

I'm sure if you ask nicely, Brute would play you. He's very solid at DOA5 and has one of the best Busa's around.
double checked map. I stand corrected. Brute is about 30-45 minutes away.

Why is there only one FSD person down in san diego? that seems insane.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor

See, that's the thing. The offline community does more than JUST the tournament. I remember at Final Round, I went out to eat with the DOA fam and we even went on a downtown adventure in Atlanta. The tournament itself was fun, but honestly, it was just nice to meet the people and hangout with them in person. If you're traveling to a tournament in a city that you've never been to, of course you're going to be doing more than just playing casuals and the tournament.

petopia

You should look up vids of old men aka pro players/fighting game personalities who talk about there experiences during those days for any offline scene vs the toxic garbage online community.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD