DOA5LR ''We settle this.'' - Kasumi Unholdable Thread

KING JAIMY

I've recently found a small amount of unholdables for Kasumi. I've already shared them with someone here but I have no reason to keep these a secret since this site is meant for improving at DOA and helping each other. The unholdable strike itself is marked in bold. Feel free to post yours as well. Below you can see the ones I've found so far.
Enjoy! :kasumi:

From throws

6T (everything totaling 31 frames is unholdable)
> 6P6K
> SS K
> 4PK

8T.T (everything totaling 31 frames is unholdable)
> 6P6K
> SS K
> 4PK

4T (everything totaling 29 frames is unholdable)
> KK

214T (everything totaling 26 frames is unholdable)
> 3P+K Hoshinpo P
> 3P+K Hoshinpo K

To BT opponent T (everything totaling 26 frames is unholdable)
> 3P+K Hoshinpo P
> 3P+K Hoshinpo K

From holds

7H high punch hold (everything totaling 27 frames is unholdable)
> 6PK

7H high kick hold (everything totaling 22 frames is unholdable)
> 4H+K

From a juggle

4PK - PP6P6K - KK (Tested on midweight, don't know if it works on other weight classes)

KING JAIMY

LoL.... man you've been busy !!! ;)
How many of these have you made ?
I write all my stuff down in Word sheets so that I don't forget them. I've got a couple more for different characters but I already shared them in other threads (Honoka, Marie Rose). The ones here were pretty much the last ones I have.

Lulu

I write all my stuff down in Word sheets so that I don't forget them. I've got a couple more for different characters but I already shared them in other threads (Honoka, Marie Rose). The ones here were pretty much the last ones I have.

Nice.... I've also taken up writting this stuff down on my phone...... helps making breakdown threads much easier.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Here's some more. I haven't been here in a while so I haven't been posting.

PP6P6K or 9K leads to 4H+K & 8K being unholdable.

4P2K, 6P2K, 3P2K & PP6P2K leads to H+K being unholdable but the timing is strict.

Lulu

I'm actually not a big fan of Unholdables..... probably because I play Grapplers.... I would make a list of UnStagger Escapable set ups but Emperor Cow already did a ton of those.

KING JAIMY

I'm actually not a big fan of Unholdables..... probably because I play Grapplers.... I would make a list of UnStagger Escapable set ups but Emperor Cow already did a ton of those.
Actually you should be looking for unholdables when you play grapplers. People tend to tech roll more often because they don't want to get ground thrown. They are really only useful against pro's though, a lot of people will still do a wake-up kick.

You can still search for non-slow escapable setups, you never know enough is my motto. =)

Lulu

Actually you should be looking for unholdables when you play grapplers. People tend to tech roll more often because they don't want to get ground thrown. They are really only useful against pro's though, a lot of people will still do a wake-up kick.

You can still search for non-slow escapable setups, you never know enough is my motto. =)

Hmmmm don't grapplers benefit more from Must Holds ? Don't get me wrong, I've lost alot of damage to wrong guesses on Unstagger Escapable Stuns but grapplers are heavy on Guessing Games over Guarantees.

And I play many of my characters like that, Crumple Stuns all day everyday.

That reminds me, theres a stun that looks just like the Critical Burst Stun, i think Momiji's Tenku High Kick on normal hit can get it..... what are the properties on that stun ?

KING JAIMY

Hmmmm don't grapplers benefit more from Must Holds ? Don't get me wrong, I've lost alot of damage to wrong guesses on Unstagger Escapable Stuns but grapplers are heavy on Guessing Games over Guarantees.

And I play many of my characters like that, Crumple Stuns all day everyday.

That reminds me, theres a stun that looks just like the Critical Burst Stun, i think Momiji's Tenku High Kick on normal hit can get it..... what are the properties on that stun ?
Off-topic but I'll give you an answer regardless:

The property of that stun is that you can't slow escape so it leads to a guessing situation. Another example is Momiji's P+K, which gives the same type of stun.

RenderingStar

Inn the guide i'm making with Tylor were going to have a whole section for unholdables.

Kasumi unholdable:33K>66K.K>7K-P+K-(Delay 30-34) the longer you delay the P+K the better b/c the opponent can get up and "hold" it.

KING JAIMY

Inn the guide i'm making with Tylor were going to have a whole section for unholdables.

Kasumi unholdable:33K>66K.K>7K-P+K-(Delay 30-34) the longer you delay the P+K the better b/c the opponent can get up and "hold" it.
Wasn't a property of an unholdable setup that it is no-timing, which makes them much more consistent? I never understood the use of delay in an unholdable setup.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Waited until Master did his stream because if it would've been revealed before then, the majority of the people would have complained.

236T into 9K leads to 4H+K being unholdable. 9K is very hard to tech out of. So if you see that they don't tech it, then 4H+K forces them up for +22. It's worth using imo because the damage adds up & can easily be looped. And even if you whiff the move doing it too early, then you have enough time to either block or jump over with 8+K or something in order to snuff out the wake up kick.

Since 4H+K has its guaranteeds, it leads to a must hold situation on most scenarios. So you can easily loop it. The whole objective is to force people to block & discourage players from either guessing or just pressing buttons. It rewards honest play. You're -5 if they end up blocking & you're out of throw range. So no worries there.

This works on lights down to heavys but not superheavys.

I've been whiffing PP with 4H+K for their's, but I need to keep testing it to be sure that it works.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD