DOA5LR West Coast Your Time is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Come on guys, we have two "major" west coast tournaments in the coming months, and I just don't see enough advertising for the tournaments, talks about the tournaments. I know there are some doing what they can, but honestly I expected better. I expected more sharing with friends, more sharing on social media and Twitter.

West Coast players (myself included) have been complaining nonstop that there are not enough West Coast tournaments, and now that we have all these sponsored events, I'm kind of disappointed that there is not more hype...

What's going on, guys? I'm not pointing fingers, I'm saying let's realize that we have our chance now this year. Let's take advantage of the opportunity Team NINJA has given us and kill it this year. This week's tournament could have had way better numbers, and we need to make sure we are more prepared for the rest of these sponsored events.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
@deathofaninja some of us have other things that take priority over promoting the events day in and day out. Even then, those of us that are really well known on this coast have done so regardless, when we can.

@NukNuks has been building the San Jose, CA FG scene and taking charge as the new head of Capsule Entertainment for the Northern California scene. While also promoting DOA and the FGC in general.

I've been building up the NorCal scene here in Richmond, CA along with @Prince Adon. Getting the local scene up and about and helping players improve in the game and keeping their interest. Streaming sessions, a recent stream for character tutorials. While training hard for this event and informing the NorCal and SoCal scene about NCR.

Nykko is literally bringing everything for DOA at NCR himself and running the tournament event at the venue. People are busy and have been preparing for this.

If you want to promote an event, then by all means, please do that. Don't decide to speak about it at the last minute.

Another thing you need to realize is that DOA is never that big of an event at NCR. DOA is always bigger at SCR, as it will be this year as well.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I already know all of these things. Three people doing everything. I expected more.

I didn't want to promote NCR, I wanted to see somebody else do it; but that didn't happen so I did it because I care about the scene. Now I'm wondering what it's going to be like for the rest of these events in Cali. Are they going to go full-swing or are the numbers going to be as weak as NCR? I guess we will see when they happen.

The rest of the tournaments need to be advertised better, and I'm not going to do all of it. Nykko is a cool dude for real, but he is on the news team now and that implies that you write up consistent news articles for this site.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I don't get how you choose to complain about something, then decide its okay for you not to help at all. That completely defeats the purpose of this thread.

If you already knew what's going on then you would be understanding of the hard work of others, instead of trying to throw blame at them. What's worse is that this is coming from someone who hasn't gone to anything out here and decides to lash out even though he just said he won't bother helping promote anything, lol.

Last edited:

Koompbala

People here that like DoA put it on the back burner and gaming in general. I don't know what it is, but I met countless players online over the years. In CA too, but never show anywhere. I've had a player from Sac come over. Then I never heard from him again. I also had yet another player player come over. We'll see how that goes. I've added plenty of CA players and they never want to get better. Just stay online and play. I've met more flakes in DoA. Than any other community. Back when I had no money and played SC. I would get a ride to a shopping center a block away from a different player here. He would pick me up and we would go to the bay for casuals. He dropped me off at that same center and I would get a ride home. I did what I could to play offline. I also made it so he wouldn't have to go out of his way for me. I had no way to pitch in for anything. With no money I made things happen anyway. I see none of that going on in DoA here. If DoA ever gets big maybe the scene will pick up.

Tenren

Im still waiting on venue and more to get the ball rolling for SCR.

Nykko has been busting his ass off for NorCali, even has a weekly venue going now.

SoCal has been a lil more chill so far this year. With WNF no longer having a venue and moving to online it hasn't been just DOA that has lost out. Most of the LA guys get together every weekend.
Also Boobieboomb has his weekly stream and Calicrush coming

I love that your trying to get the west coast to start getting into it tho. But fact is, myself, NykNyks, Hajin, Boobiebombs and a few other have tried and tried again to promote stuff on here. FSD is mostly midwest and east coast. Our stuff tends to get ignored. Or only posted to the front page the weekend of. We are still growing. You have to remember that there was no DOA scene out here 3 years ago lol. All that has happened and our growth has all happened in just 3 years.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't get how you choose to complain about something, then decide its okay for you not to help at all. That completely defeats the purpose of this thread.

If you already knew what's going on then you would be understanding of the hard work of others, instead of trying to throw blame at them. What's worse is that this is coming from someone who hasn't gone to anything out here and decides to lash out even though he just said he bother helping promote anything, lol.

All I'm doing is defending myself against your comments. Obviously I know who is working and I wasn't singling anybody out or throwing blame at anyone. What I find even more hilarious is your need to mention that I haven't been to any events in Cali. I'm doing my best, but I will be at EVO, and I hope you are there as well.

Don't get me wrong, I like doing news posts; but with me graduating college, and working two jobs I question how much longer I am going to be able to do tournament write-ups. Pretty much the only one that does them, and if I don't get to it immediately, I hear "Why isn't this on the front page?" I'm already far less active with my news posts. I volunteer a lot of my time to contribute the best I can to this community. I know that you, NukNuks and Adon are working hard, so calm down. I expected more from this side of the states... especially with the amount of bitching I heard about the West Coast not getting any attention.

And if you guys really are that busy, I guess awareness is a harder thing to tackle than people let on. So I guess... appreciate me. :)

ModusPwnins

Lol
What Tenren said:
I host a gathering at my place just about every weekend for the Long Beach guys.

Cali Crush is later this year in October. I'm going to Japan in August, I've talked to boobiebombs about reaching out to the Japanese players while I'm there to hopefully invite one of them over for Cali Crush.

I've tried getting Round1 to bring over an actual DOA arcade cab, but it honestly sounds like Tecmo Koei absolutely doesn't want that to happen. Even when Round1 has proposed to bring it over at no financial loss to them.

TheRealCoxinator

Lol
What Tenren said:
I host a gathering at my place just about every weekend for the Long Beach guys.

Cali Crush is later this year in October. I'm going to Japan in August, I've talked to boobiebombs about reaching out to the Japanese players while I'm there to hopefully invite one of them over for Cali Crush.

I've tried getting Round1 to bring over an actual DOA arcade cab, but it honestly sounds like Tecmo Koei absolutely doesn't want that to happen. Even when Round1 has proposed to bring it over at no financial loss to them.
inb4 black market acade cabs. Ebay maybe? I know they sell the system it's on normally. Just idk if it's in the cab or not lol

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
And if you guys really are that busy, I guess awareness is a harder thing to tackle than people let on. So I guess... appreciate me.

Please read what I just said in the quote below;

If you already knew what's going on then you would be understanding of the hard work of others

I'm going to say this one last time, if you KNOW people are doing what they can, then this thread is pointless. Completely pointless.

As Tenren pointed out, California had no scene three years ago. If it were not for several players out here in both NorCal and SoCal doing anything at all, there would still be no scene. People like myself, Tenren, Vincent Rayne, AirGear, Blackknight, BloodBurger and Boobiebombs are the people that put in so much hard work to develop a scene in SoCal. Others joined and have kept it moving even with me moving to NorCal.

Nykko, Prince Adon, Requiem and Koompbala have all put in a lot of work into the NorCal scene over the last three years and their effort goes unnoticed by mass majority. It was the same way in SoCal. Until Tom Lee spoke to me in person and told me how he appreciated all the hard work we put into this game out here last year at SCR2014.

Even the Seattle Washington scene has grown within' the last few months, and @Madian hard work goes unnoticed.

So it's more like, you really need to appreciate what we've done and what we're still doing for this game on this side of the U.S. And what we constantly have to put up with from other people as we actually promote this game. You wouldn't even have anything going on for DOA on West coast if it weren't for us taking any initiative.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This is why I tend to ignore you. I am going to tell you one more time before you annoy the hell out of me:

This thread was intended for those that are not working or are not aware. I don't care what Tom Lee told you, but I am so glad he appreciates you and you felt inclined to tell me. Fuck off, dude.

At this point the thread might as well be locked. I knew it was a matter of time before this guy came in and acted you know, how he acts. I've promoted this dude, I've donated to this dude, and now I am done communicating with this dude. This isn't the Skype group where you can press a button and make me disappear completely just because you don't understand what I say or like it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before your typical cronies tell me how bad I am and how wrong I am. Don't care. LOL

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Act how I act? I told you what the Cali scene has been doing and preparing since this year has started. The problem here is that you have an attitude because someone decided to reply to your thread. The only person in here "acting how he acts" is you with your immature rebuttal because someone has actually told you what's really going on in parts of the California scene.

All I'm doing is defending myself against your comments.

Defend against my comments? My first post in here is me literally telling you what's been going on with the Northern California scene. Which is exactly why @Mr. Wah liked the post because it's literally explaining how busy people have been with the game. Even though we REALLY don't have to be. But we choose to be.

If you felt you needed to defend against that, then you have absolutely no thick-skin. And in this case, thick-skin wasn't even needed.

I didn't want to promote NCR, I wanted to see somebody else do it; but that didn't happen so I did it because I care about the scene.

You say you care about the scene, yet you didn't want to promote NorCal Regionals.

lolwat? I don't understand that logic, at all.

If you care about the West coast scene, then you would do your part and promote the tournament(s) however you can regardless. While others are also doing their part for the game. Waiting around for someone else to do something isn't how things get done. You either do it, or you don't, just that simple. You may be busy with things in your life, but so is everyone else. And were still putting time into this game and community anyway.

Come on guys, we have two "major" west coast tournaments in the coming months, and I just don't see enough advertising for the tournaments, talks about the tournaments. I know there are some doing what they can, but honestly I expected better. I expected more sharing with friends, more sharing on social media and Twitter.

You expected better, yet you seem to forget that you are also part of the West coast scene. If you're really trying to say you expect better from others, include yourself as well. I haven't seen anything about Nevada doing anything. Not to say no one out there hasn't tried, but nothing is booming.

Meanwhile, as earlier mentioned, NorCal and SoCal have busted our asses getting new players into this game and community, keeping their interest and doing what we can to keep the scenes moving forward. This is happening in California, and this is happening in Seattle Washington where players like Madian, Sylnt Avi and KnightZero reside.

Stop acting like an angry little kid who makes things into a personal endeavor. No one cares about you getting annoyed with anything.

This is my final reply to this thread.

Last edited:

TheRealCoxinator

Stop acting like an angry little kid who makes things into a personal endeavor. No one cares about you getting annoyed with anything.

This is my final reply to this thread.
ernie.gif

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Comments I defended myself against:

"If you want to promote an event, then by all means, please do that. Don't decide to speak about it at the last minute."

It's really not last minute. I saw a problem and it wasn't just pertinent to the event tomorrow.

Another thing you need to realize is that DOA is never that big of an event at NCR. DOA is always bigger at SCR, as it will be this year as well.

Thanks for putting me on blast. I guess that's what drove me to a point of insanity last night. That you felt the need to tell me who is working when I already know as if I said something wrong to begin with or was belittling players. If you want to take shots at me, go ahead, but I will see you at EVO if you make it. I know I'm doing what I can, and I hope to see other West Coast players contribute as well in an area where all people do is bitch about not having tournaments or attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD