What are Sarah's weaknesses?

Codemaster92163

Sarah (along with mila) is one of the characters I have difficulty playing against. It has a lot to do with the fact that I haven't really taken her into training to see her moves, but I just don't quite get when I have the frames to beat out an attack of hers.

So, as a non Sarah player asking you Sarah players, what would you say are some of her flaws that someone like me can use to my advantage?

x Sypher x

What up Codemaster! I remember playing you last Friday, your Pai is amazing dude! :)
I wish I could help but I'm just beginning to learn how to use Sarah, I'm sure you noticed lol. I'm sure someone around here knows a thing or two.

Scott

When I asked Rikuto this very same question he told me to watch for the low punch to reset and to try and step her as best you can. From my experience it seems like trying to beat anything from flamingo stance is a bad idea. Best option I feel is to be patient and try and step her. Learn her strings and options from her different stances. She gets CB from like nothing so be watching for it.

E-Mann

Well all I can say is most(90%) of Sarah's move that put her into FS ALWAYS leaves her at +2,+4, etc so don't try to beat her out too much. Wait patiently for a Sarah player to finish their strings.

Ghost Cobra

Just my 2cents as a Sarah main in VF for years, while my full knowledge of DOA Sarah is limited I can say Sarah never has super great defensive options you can't bait. She doesn't want to block at all and smother you with confusion. Rush her down instead, It can be very frustrating for Sarah not getting her stance going and limits her options.

Darth Lotonic X

Well all I can say is most(90%) of Sarah's move that put her into FS ALWAYS leaves her at +2,+4, etc so don't try to beat her out too much. Wait patiently for a Sarah player to finish their strings.

I'll elaborate on this:

These Flamingo transitions are all +2-4 on block:

3PK
FLA 3PK
P+K
4P+K

These are negative on block:

3KKH
4H+KH
33H+KKH
6P4K

I'm unsure about P2KKK and FLA 1KK, but I know that they are both natural combos on NH.

Lulu

Sarah's weakness is those fast moves hers..... they don't have much stun power, she beats you by fishing for counter hits, thats how she gets her stuns. Play patiently and punish her riskier moves when they come out...... if you have any offensive holds then those would be perfect, Sarah is no match for my Tina..... so uhm yeah..... just take your time and make use of the space around you.... if you don't have great blocking then zone her.... you can beat her, shes not as overpwered as she may initially seem.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Sarah's weakness is that she hates fighting at range, so it's best to stay out of her face. She also generally relies on highs to maintain advantage, so good use of hi-crushes can be effective. Sidestepping her is also a good option.

Darth Lotonic X

Another thing that could be considered a weakness is Alpha. Sarah is one of a few characters that has to time her juggles to get max damage against Alpha. Her 33H+K relaunches Alpha too high to do dial-in combos like most characters can do. Also, don't even use 8K as a launcher...whiff city with that move.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD