DOA5LR what are your final thoughts on DOA5?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think that DOA5 Ultimate was the best entry in the DOA series for gameplay. To me it was a perfected vanilla. Last Round was superb, but I think they could have gotten away with just releasing more character and stages without the repackage, but it managed to expose a lot more people to DOA with core fighters being one of the biggest success stories of the franchise.

Personally will always love the second game the best. It was the first time in my short life where I had faith and going from one to two was a breathtaking moment for me.

Shining_Wave

After my disappointment with DOA4, 5 really stoked my love for DOA again. When my 360 RRoD'ed on me, I felt no desire to get 4 back. It added some cool features like slopes and all, but to me it was lackluster.

DOA3 was where I started, that's my all-time favorite. When i first saw 3, my jaw hit the floor. Astonishing. That was immediately followed by Ninja Gaiden & DOAU. Good times.

zoo

5 was great, objectively the best doa game I think. My favorite is still 3 but everything from the character designs, game modes, gameplay, it was an overall and much needed upgrade for the series. Biggest flaw by far was the stages and the game visually lacked color. Looking at 6 it's even more apparent how dull 5 was in aesthetics which was clearly due to the realistic art direction. The dlc costumes were mostly terrible as well.
Anyway still love the game.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I thought DOA4 was a fun game, but DOA5 also rekindled my love for the series.

Even though I didn't get Bankotsubo or Genra, DOA5s roster was crazy good. Rachel, Momiji were fantasies and we even got Mai.

MasterHavik

DOA 4 was a dumpster fire and reminded me so much of Soul Calibur 3. A game with single palyer content out the ass but sucks to play it. Granted SC3 was a buggy mess while DOA 4 just had poor design choices. I say this because I been playing the odler DOA games as of late. I can see why Hoodless loves them so much.

At least Zack and Tina were fun.

Kiraragirl200

As much beef as I have with Doa5, I've made some good memories playing it (especially going to evo a few years ago and meeting a lot of great people in the community in person.) All in all its still a great game
Doa3 will probably always be my favorite tho XP

Macca Beam

despite looking like shit, being somewhat buggy (most notably the sanic side swapping and some wonky hitboxes) and having really, really boring stages, it played pretty well. i also have to congratulate it for being the only fighter at the time without a meter
the roster had a good start, with mila and marie bringing the variety the series sorely lacked. then it's all downhill from there with edgy kasumi, bankotsubo replaced by yet another generic dark haired asian because we didn't already have 4 of them, another thot ninja and overall bad crossovers compared to the initial round of VF guests. raidou saved it near the end but eh

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD