What do you want for NG4?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Same.

Though when it comes to NG2, it's a bit less one-sided. I think a hybrid of the original and Sigma would be best.
They did that with the Vita version and it could have been amazing if not for the framerate.

DyByHands

I honestly don't want them touching Black at this point. Yeah I would buy it and play it. But, they would mess something up and we all know it. I feel like I am even more optimistic than most and I still to this day enjoy Sigma. But, NGB is... NGB man. And, I'm fine keeping my 360 (or even my OG xbox) just to play it.

I will say that I am really wanting some NG on my PS4 though!

Brute

Standard Donor
They did that with the Vita version and it could have been amazing if not for the framerate.
Yeah, I wanted to try that one, but never got a Vita. Don't really like playing on handhelds.

I heard it had the DOA Throwback costume in it, too.

Considering what they have done with the ninja gaiden series i would say a good thing for them to have done to hold hardcore fans down and make them happy is re release at a cheap price sigma 1 and sigma2 again for the ps4. here is the catch. Sigma 1 has a chapter challenge mode added to give the players who like having all the weapons fully powered through the game and a few new costumes. As for ninja gaiden sigma2 i will say since the ps4 has better processing power it can handle more enemies on the screen at once so bring that feature back but also combine the best of both worlds from the 360 and ps3 but with a few extras. More costumes and more mission modes and coop missions. Bring the blood back but give the option to turn it off if you cant handle the blood(sissy) and all the weapons from both games. I think if they use the ps4 power then sigma2 this way will be the perfect ninja gaiden game. And call it ninja gaiden sigma2 dragon edition. We all wantthe best of the best of the xbox and ps3 versions combined so why not?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ninja Gaiden 2 was the lesser of the first two vanilla entries in the new trilogy. Sigma was garbage for a variety of reasons and would be the worst one to bring back. Ninja Gaiden/Black, then a beefed up version of Sigma 2 Plus, then RE, and everything else would follow that.

I would much rather see a new, original title though. We've had enough re-releases this generation and with RE going on the Xbox One BC list, we're covered for now on some cross-generational NG.

Ninja Gaiden 2 was the lesser of the first two vanilla entries in the new trilogy. Sigma was garbage for a variety of reasons and would be the worst one to bring back. Ninja Gaiden/Black, then a beefed up version of Sigma 2 Plus, then RE, and everything else would follow that.

I would much rather see a new, original title though. We've had enough re-releases this generation and with RE going on the Xbox One BC list, we're covered for now on some cross-generational NG.

I have to know waht was the big problem with sigma1. I never played black but I keep hearing it was the best of all the ninja gaiden 1 versions. Why? As for sigma2 and ng2 they just need to combine the best of both worlds. that is my opinion. What was it you hated about sigma2? out side of the blood being taken out. I like the co-op and the bugs they fixed is some areas but I hated they took so much away.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I have to know waht was the big problem with sigma1. I never played black but I keep hearing it was the best of all the ninja gaiden 1 versions. Why? As for sigma2 and ng2 they just need to combine the best of both worlds. that is my opinion. What was it you hated about sigma2? out side of the blood being taken out. I like the co-op and the bugs they fixed is some areas but I hated they took so much away.

I think in Sigma 1 it was mostly level design changes and AI but Cyber probably knows more.

Have you played NG2? Its like a whole new game compared to Sigma 2. I do love Sigma 2's co-op though but whenever I want to do story mode its a no brainer to do it on the vanilla version. So much more fun.

Long time no see haha. You should add me on fiendbusa on psn. I don't play on my old account no more.

SilverForte

ng2 vanilla has a better font, more overall weapons, Bow UT, more enemies, and blood.

Sigma 2 has like one new weapon but they took out a ton of projectile weapons, you can't take the bow off ryus back, no bow UT, forced female chapters, no blood, way less enemies.

Here's a good comparison vid

Brute

Standard Donor
I have to know waht was the big problem with sigma1. I never played black but I keep hearing it was the best of all the ninja gaiden 1 versions. Why?
Rachel segments are horrible.
New enemies/bosses are awkward and terribly placed.
Far less outfits/costumes.
Worse soundtrack choices.
Some annoying level redesigns (Aqueduct).

As for sigma2 and ng2 they just need to combine the best of both worlds. that is my opinion. What was it you hated about sigma2? out side of the blood being taken out. I like the co-op and the bugs they fixed is some areas but I hated they took so much away.
In addition to the things mentioned by SilverForte, Sigma 2 (like Sigma 1, but to a lesser extent) has some new/annoying/awkward enemies and bosses thrown in. There are probably some fans who enjoy the statue fights, but I'm certainly not one of them. Furthermore, in a poor attempt to compensate for lower enemy counts, they added some new recolored enemies that function like pre-existing enemies except have a ton of health and refuse to de-limb. They're not particularly hard, they just take a long time to kill, repeatedly bashing them to death with the same combo against a wall over and over again. It kills the fast pace of the game and makes absolutely no sense. Key items were basically removed altogether, making some awkward "Why are all the doors open?" areas.

Sigma 2 does a lot of other stuff better than NG2 vanilla, though, hence why I'd ideally like a mix between them (which apparently NGS2+ does? haven't played it). Sigma 1, on the other hand, is universally worse than Black.

I think in Sigma 1 it was mostly level design changes and AI but Cyber probably knows more.

Have you played NG2? Its like a whole new game compared to Sigma 2. I do love Sigma 2's co-op though but whenever I want to do story mode its a no brainer to do it on the vanilla version. So much more fun.

Long time no see haha. You should add me on fiendbusa on psn. I don't play on my old account no more.
Lol. I just got an xbox360 for ninja gaiden 2 and I will say it is harder but for different reasons. yes there are more enemies but I sometimes feel the only reason it is harder for starters is the game spamming explosive kuni and having butter knives as your default weapons. Once you have upgraded weapons they are pretty much the same. As for bosses I am on the fence about that because they can be harder but also easier. The fact I can get off a full ut on a boss is crazy because the sigma2 version was not as easy because they blocked. But I will say the biggest reason bosses are a little harder is for the fact they think like the NWO in wrestling lol. They never fight alone. But it is a better game for sure. I will say the sigma version seems like the game has more defense than the xbox version. the bosses have way more life in the sigma version than the xbox version.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Yeah, NG2 is only hard because its cheap (stun lock, enemy/bosses ignore stuns, projectile spam). Still a lot of fun though.

The way you approach fights in NG2 is a lot different. In NG2 your constantly moving and abusing iframes to not get hit. In NGS2 its a lot more laid back like NG1. Well...thats how I think of it haha.

I read somewhere that the AI was "buffed" in Sigma 1 from Black. Though Black is still the best!

Yeah, NG2 is only hard because its cheap (stun lock, enemy/bosses ignore stuns, projectile spam). Still a lot of fun though.

The way you approach fights in NG2 is a lot different. In NG2 your constantly moving and abusing iframes to not get hit. In NGS2 its a lot more laid back like NG1. Well...thats how I think of it haha.

I read somewhere that the AI was "buffed" in Sigma 1 from Black. Though Black is still the best!
I must say the best ninpo is the wind blades. It saved my behind several times. Unlike it did in razors edge. If they remake ninja gaiden sigma2 for ps4 what would you want in it. I still want the kitetsu back lol. I like that weapon.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
NGS2 online with offline (optional co-op) survival runs.

Enemy count of NG2 with a tad higher HP but not so much that it kills the fast pace feel that vanilla has. No projectile spam. The good fixes from NGS2 (ie enemies not ignoring stun to grab)

Don't care for the false sense of freedom/exploration that NG2 provides to mask the linear gameplay. (Getting a key few steps away to open something). Rather just have Ryu kick in everything or provide something better.

And the vita run mode or whatever

NGS2 online with offline (optional co-op) survival runs.

Enemy count of NG2 with a tad higher HP but not so much that it kills the fast pace feel that vanilla has. No projectile spam. The good fixes from NGS2 (ie enemies not ignoring stun to grab)

Don't care for the false sense of freedom/exploration that NG2 provides to mask the linear gameplay. (Getting a key few steps away to open something). Rather just have Ryu kick in everything or provide something better.

And the vita run mode or whatever
I agree with the coop/ survival runs, get rid of the projectile spam, and bring back the the high enemy counts as well. You think the HP should be higher? Sigma they had way to much health in my opinion. I will say though I will agree to higher health on the condition of the decapitation ratio is the same as the NG2 version. I swear decapitations were a lot easier in the xbox version. I will also say I would like the game to get rid of hit armor(Think of Gold war machine in Marvel vs Capcom1). Ex= when you hit the enemies and it does not put them in a hit stun. If anything make it if the enemy is going for a throw it will always get interrupted by hits considering you cant escape throws I think it would be a good trade. Also make the damage of being thrown the same as NG2. NGS2 the throw damage you received was absurd and stupid( Instant death).

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
dismemberment was much easier in the xbox version in general. in exchange for less enemies the ones left were buffed. dismemberment also was no longer necessary for the obliteration iframes. which was pretty much the only way to defend against projectile spam which was toned down in NGS2.

and yes hitstun is HUGE deal in action games. if the enemy doesn't stun when you hit them you lose access to a lot of your attacks since you can be hit mid combo and end up relying on cheap BS which neither looks or feels good. Revengence and Accesion felt this way to me honestly combos were pretty wortrhless

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I think something cool for NG4 would be adding a hit stun skill to the shop or skill tree.

3 levels

Each level increases the chance of stunning an enemy longer for an x amount of time from the default stun time.

Example:

Level 1: 5% stuns for an additional second
Level 2: 15% stuns for an additional two seconds
Level 3: 30% stuns for an additional three seconds

Something along the lines of that would be cool I think.

I really hope they expand upon the skill tree that was added in NGRE. Add more useful skills and make players grind for it.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
we really dont need anything that complex. up until NG3 the stun system was just fine so the should just go back to that. also for the love of god no stun escapes. god that system was horrible you barley had any reliable way to do damage without them escaping your combo.

we really dont need anything that complex. up until NG3 the stun system was just fine so the should just go back to that. also for the love of god no stun escapes. god that system was horrible you barley had any reliable way to do damage without them escaping your combo.
Like I said. If the enemies/ boss is going for a throw then it should be interrupted by any hit. It really is annoying when I am hitting the enemies/bosses and they just throw me out of what ever I do. Also I forgot. GIVE RYU A SPRINT!!!! HE IS TO SLOW RUNNING. And ditch the lv3 ut. Just keep it up to lv2. Back on the topic of upgrading I will say keep it the same as ng2. If they are going to make it complex then make it worth while like have the ability to make a weapon have 90% decap rate etc etc

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Do you guys want a stance system incorporated into NG4? Like Nioh's but modified to fit NG's fast paced combat.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD