What DOA games have you played?

P2p1mbs

I'm curious to know, obviously most regulars and relative newcomers (those who joined after last round's release) have/are playing DOA5LR but what other doa games and versions of have you played? And on what platform?

I personally played:
xtreme beach volleyball
both games in ultimate (though I barely played 1)
xtreme 2
the base release of 5
5 ultimate
last round (all on xbox consoles)

How about you?

Last edited:

DedUp

Played the first one on PS1 at a friend's place a couple of times but not much because he had just rented it.
I completely missed DOA2 and DOA2 Hardcore.
Had 3.0 on Xbox and played it a decent amount.
Played a whole bunch of Ultimate on Xbox as well.
Played 4 on 360 but it didn't hold my interest too much.
Recently played an emulated version of the original DOA1 arcade which was an interesting contrast to the PS1 version.
I never played any of the xtreme games though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'll post them in the order I got them:
☆DOA5U: Core Fighters was my very first DOA game when I was 15.
☆DOA4 which I got a little while later. Loved the artstyle and long hair but disliked the messy game play and devilish AI.
☆DOA2U and DOA1U which I ordered when I was 16. Loved 2U, but hated 1U because of the tough AI and the outfits they expected me to unlock.
☆DOAD which I got for Christmas, one of my favorites.
☆DOA3 which is my least played one, lacked content and the darker tone wasn't really my thing.
☆DOA2 Hardcore which I love alot. Liked the English dub amusingly and the fun survival mode.
☆Finally 5LR. I have yet to play an Xtreme game, but the third one will be my first in time.

Nikotsumi

I've played :
DOA2 Hardcore
DOA3
DOA Xtreme 2
DOA4
DOA5
DOA5U
DOA5LR
Missed DOA1, DOA2U and Dimensions, though I would like to play them someday, especially Dimensions.
My favourite (without counting DOA5) is definitely DOA2 Hardcore , so many memories..... xD

P2p1mbs

I've played :
DOA2 Hardcore
DOA3
DOA Xtreme 2
DOA4
DOA5
DOA5U
DOA5LR
Missed DOA1, DOA2U and Dimensions, though I would like to play them someday, especially Dimensions.
My favourite (without counting DOA5) is definitely DOA2 Hardcore , so many memories..... xD

I have a copy of 2 Hardcore but can't play it since I don't have a ps2 :(. Seeing vids of it makes me wish I had.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I have a copy of 2 Hardcore but can't play it since I don't have a ps2 :(. Seeing vids of it makes me wish I had.
It's for sale on psn I think, I think it's at a decent small price if you ever wanted it digitally. I may buy it too so I don't have to pull out my ps2 whenever I feel nostalgic.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I've played:
Dead or Alive(PS1)
Dead or Alive 2(PS2)
Dead or Alive 2 Hard*Core(PS3)
Dead or Alive 3.2 (European/UK release)
Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate
Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive 5(360/PS3)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (360/PS3)
Dead or Alive Last Round (PS3/Xbox One/PS4)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (PS4)

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well I own them all, and every version of every Team NINJA game but DOA5 and Xtreme 3.

Still haven't played DOAD, and some of my PAL games.

P2p1mbs

I really don't like the style of older games.

How do you know if you never played it before? There's a reason why 3.1 is one of (if not THE) most popular releases in the series. Sure, the older games are a bit slower compared to more recent releases but I personally feel like they all hold up quite well (except 4, that's my least liked release).

YBNDM

I don't like the ART style of older games. It's impossible for to try out older games anyway.

Uncle_T

I've only played Doa5. I would've bought the other ones if they weren't all on different consoles.

I really wanted to play doa4 even though only one out of four of my mains are in it(Jann Lee).

I was just thinking about buying a 360 just for doa4 but...

Clothes > Games

Giannola

Don't have any old systems
DOA 3 and 1&2u play on a 360 if you have one. (I assume you may have a 360 BC you mentioned doa4).

Anyway my list in order of when I first played them is

Doa3
Doa2 (DC)
Doa4
Doau2&1
Vanilla 5
5u
And lr.

Jaguar360

In order:
  • Dead or Alive 3
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate