What does Leifang Need in DOA5 Last Round?

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Since Last Round is coming out soon, what type of changes do you want to see given to Leifang?

I don't think they will give her much, considering the nerfs and buffs she received in Ultimate, but who knows?

Chapstick

Why? I don't think any other characters had moves in strings taken away in 5U so it struck me as odd they'd take this out.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
It's kind of a preference thing for me to use 8K only as a launcher instead of 66K, but I don't know if any Leifang players I know use 8KH+K.

NightAntilli

What I would want:

- Return her 2K to crouching. She has no truly useful lows for up close, except 2p, and that one is not that useful, especially against faster characters. This nerf was fine for other characters like Gen Fu. Not for her.

- 2F+K stun on (high) counter hit should be adapted. +6 on normal hit is fine, but the fact that it stays the same on CB and HCB is ridiculous, especially compared to the lows of other characters. Too many other characters have circular lows that are faster and simultaneously give equal or deeper stuns. This one is currently slow and linear.

- Improve recovery for 3P+K and its variants. -15 is ridiculous, especially after her 3K4P variant from prior DOA games is absent. Make it -8 or something. Aside from that, I still want it to be like DOA4 where it throws the opponent far away after a juggle. Just an aesthetic preference xD

- Give her some actually useful sitdown stuns, or, let BT P+K crush mids also.

- Add P after PP6PK, and make all its variants (like P+K6P) launch or bounce.

- Make the last P of 1KP and other variants safe rather than -8.

- Change 4PPP to always leave you at least neutral, preferably at +something. The move is so obvious, it's ridiculous that it needs to be charged to be at advantage. This, or add option to do unshu after 4PP.

- Add option to do unshu after 2P+K also, not just 2P+KP.

- Make unshu P+K track, making it slower and keeping it unsafe. The move is currently useless compared to unshu K, since the K is safe and gives a nicer stun.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Crouching 2K is the only thing I really care abut. Maybe have Unshu transitions be a bit faster so people can't just react to the transitions every time with a throw, but that would probably be too strong.

E-Mann

After using her for some time she's easily an awesome character and doesn't need too many buffs as she can almost stop anything she wants. Parry's, offensive holds, crushes, etc. The only thing im all about them giving her in Last Round is a critical burst from Unshu.

NightAntilli

Critical burst from Unshu would be just ok-ish wouldn't add or remove much. I'd prefer that they make her unshu P+K a tracking move rather than a bursting move.

She was a better character in DOA5 than in DOA5U since she had quite a few more moves that gave advantage. Yeah, 1P+K was overpowered lol, so I can live with that nerf, but I think 6F+K should give + on block like it was in DOA5. It's so slow and obvious that you can easily hold it on reaction, even online. There's no reason for them to have nerfed that move.

Berzerk!

My number one has been returning the 3K4P string. 3K only has one outcome which is unsafe.

I wouldn't mind her getting another option to go low after a mid string but her options there aren't so bad.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
hey guys hate to be the bearer of bad news but i think she lost that force tech of hers. ive been hit by that kick enough to know that it doesn't whiff grounded opponents like that.

Chapstick

I really have no clue where to put this and it may have already been said somewhere but as I'm using 3P more I'm noticing it come out as 33P instead. Then I look at the inputs at the bottom of the screen and it says I did 3P

I know some other characters have this problem, I hope it gets fixed in LR

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I really have no clue where to put this and it may have already been said somewhere but as I'm using 3P more I'm noticing it come out as 33P instead. Then I look at the inputs at the bottom of the screen and it says I did 3P

I know some other characters have this problem, I hope it gets fixed in LR
As in, correcting the input for 3P?

Chapstick

Yeah. I really thought I was accidentally double tapping but the button inputs on the screen don't lie.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It's just the way the buffer works. If you do 3P while crouching, it'll come out as 33P every time. Same with stuff like Hitomi's 33T, etc. I made a thread about this a while ago but no one seemed to care.

EDIT: Really, it's so annoying. The worst problem a fighting game can have is a bad buffer. I play so many shitty fighting games that I don't really care that much about dumb mechanics, but when something doesn't come out when it should, that's a big problem. Too long or too shortcut intensive buffers are what I hate the most. I don't mind stuff like KoF's shortcuts 'cause it's actually well designed and there are ways of getting exactly what you want even with a loose buffer. Stuff like this are just so annoying to deal with.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Here's the LR change list-

236P: -7 changed to -8 on guard
9KKK: damage upped from 20 to 23
P2P2K, back 2PP2K: "Adjust the production sound"
BT P+K: Changed to squatting status. -4 changed to +1 on guard

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD